Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

anyone moving to brisbane before christmas??

anyone moving to brisbane before christmas??

Old Oct 13th 2010, 9:59 am
Forum Regular

heldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really nice
Default anyone moving to brisbane before christmas??

Hi

looking for people who like us are making that huge step in the next few weeks....

Our container leaves cheshire today and we fly on 30th October. We have a short term rental in Hawthorne. We have two kids 3 and 5, who will be desperate to meet new friends.... as will we. Husband has a civil engineering job in the valley.

please share your experiences and for those old timers advice.....
Old Oct 13th 2010, 10:44 am
Just Joined

Lilia is just really niceLilia is just really niceLilia is just really niceLilia is just really niceLilia is just really niceLilia is just really niceLilia is just really niceLilia is just really niceLilia is just really nice
Default Re: anyone moving to brisbane before christmas??

Hi there,

I could write the same question you wrote... My partner & I are moving to Brisbane in the next 3 months...we have 2 young Children aged 5 & 3...and we're excited about meeting new people...Whoo hoo!!!!

So it would be great to meet up...

Lilia

x x x

Good luck with your packing!!!..
Old Oct 13th 2010, 10:48 am
Forum Regular

heldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really nice

Originally Posted by Lilia
Hi there,

I could write the same question you wrote... My partner & I are moving to Brisbane in the next 3 months...we have 2 young Children aged 5 & 3...and we're excited about meeting new people...Whoo hoo!!!!

So it would be great to meet up...

Lilia

x x x

Good luck with your packing!!!..
hi Lilia

thanks for the message - are you already there in NSW???
Huge container has just arrived in our close...this is for real :-0

would love to meet up and keep in touch.... any advice for moving/flying etc ??

better go and photgraph container to send to hubby at work...

Helen
Old Oct 13th 2010, 11:01 am
Just Joined

Lilia is just really niceLilia is just really niceLilia is just really niceLilia is just really niceLilia is just really niceLilia is just really niceLilia is just really niceLilia is just really niceLilia is just really nice

Oh Helen,

You'll love it... Australia's great country to raise your Children....We currently live in NSW ( Batemans Bay). We've been here 5 years & we've never looked back...

I've only just started using this website, so I'll try & send you a private message & we'll chat/Skype...

I'll have the Champers on ice....look forward to meeting you....Good luck with your packing!!!

Lilia

x x x
Old Oct 14th 2010, 3:24 pm
Forum Regular

Champers on ice sounds fantastic... I think i am going to need a drink or two in the next few weeks...
I am sure I'll have lots of questions to ask on my arrival - best teabags best pull ups etc I'll pm you.

I cant believe noone else is moving before christmas...,
Old Oct 14th 2010, 4:36 pm
Forum Regular

bethnphoebe is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
my daughter and I are emigrating on 31st October! She is 9 and I work as a nurse. We will initially be living in Cleveland but due to work are likely to rent closer to the city! How's the planning going?
Beth
Old Oct 14th 2010, 4:52 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bethnphoebe
Hi,
my daughter and I are emigrating on 31st October! She is 9 and I work as a nurse. We will initially be living in Cleveland but due to work are likely to rent closer to the city! How's the planning going?
Beth
Good luck Beth...you go the day after us

Planning going well, though now just want to go!!! How long til you start work on arrival??? Could meet for coffee / play at wynnum. We are staying in Hawthorne at first but want to live by sea eventually. My two have 9 year old cousin and eldest is a girl...
Old Oct 14th 2010, 5:10 pm
Forum Regular

Hi,
We would love to meet for coffee. I don't start work until the 22 November as I wanted to have a couple of weeks to get settled. I am sure there are things I should be doing as the move is so close but I feel very relaxed which is worrying me!
Beth
Old Oct 14th 2010, 5:59 pm
Forum Regular

baker4 is a jewel in the roughbaker4 is a jewel in the roughbaker4 is a jewel in the roughbaker4 is a jewel in the roughbaker4 is a jewel in the rough

Hi,
Beth
Hi, I am also a Nurse (NZ) Husband is a brit (born in Hong Kong to english and welsh parents), we are planning our move from NZ in April. We have 2 kids, Dylan will be 5 and Olivia will be 7. We are planning to live Bayside aswell, so if you want to meet up.....and compare Nurse horror stories lol! Would be great to hear from you.

Angela
Old Oct 14th 2010, 6:03 pm
Forum Regular

Hi,
We would love to meet for coffee. I don't start work until the 22 November as I wanted to have a couple of weeks to get settled. I am sure there are things I should be doing as the move is so close but I feel very relaxed which is worrying me!
Beth
I wish i could be relaxed but I seem to be in a OMG mode!!!! Do you have family out there? We know noone but hopefully will soon settle. Have you shipped any items???
That time off will be important for you both.... OH starts work on 14th so we should meet up that week.
Send me some chilled vibes !!
Helen
Old Oct 14th 2010, 6:38 pm
Forum Regular

hello
I'm probably only relaxed because I moved in with my parents six months ago to save ( which didn't happen)! So I did quite a
bit if work then with regards to mail redirection and cancelling things but I will send you relaxed vibes via pixie dust to help you along!

It would be great to get a network of
support going wouldn't it as I only know 1 person in brisbane myself!

Why the change from nz baker4? What sort of nursing do you do?
Beth
Old Oct 14th 2010, 8:46 pm
Lets Rock !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by heldownunder
Hi

looking for people who like us are making that huge step in the next few weeks....

Our container leaves cheshire today and we fly on 30th October. We have a short term rental in Hawthorne. We have two kids 3 and 5, who will be desperate to meet new friends.... as will we. Husband has a civil engineering job in the valley.

please share your experiences and for those old timers advice.....
Hi

We arrived here on 5th November 05....(is it really that long !!! )

The first thing that hit us was the heat...bloody hell,totally different from what we left in UK.

We used an apartment in the city for 10 days, and we managed to find a rental in Redland Bay. We spent our first xmas morning on the beach at Wellington Point...then we were invited to our new neighbours house for the afternoon and evening. It still amazes me just how welcoming the people were, to invite total strangers to your house to share xmas with was very special, and they have since become our best friends.

It still feels weird, spending most of xmas outdoors.....

Good luck to you with your move, my best advise to you is to be as organised as possible, go with the flow and look on it as an adventure.

We have never once regretted our move. If you need any advise or help with anything just drop me a PM..
Old Oct 14th 2010, 11:22 pm
Forum Regular

baker4 is a jewel in the roughbaker4 is a jewel in the roughbaker4 is a jewel in the roughbaker4 is a jewel in the roughbaker4 is a jewel in the rough

hello
I'm probably only relaxed because I moved in with my parents six months ago to save ( which didn't happen)! So I did quite a
bit if work then with regards to mail redirection and cancelling things but I will send you relaxed vibes via pixie dust to help you along!

It would be great to get a network of
support going wouldn't it as I only know 1 person in brisbane myself!

Why the change from nz baker4? What sort of nursing do you do?
Beth
A bit of wanderlust really....think my husband has a bit of gypsy in him!

Currently working Oncology/Haematology...and you??
Old Oct 15th 2010, 3:45 pm
Forum Regular

Hi,
I'm a District Nurse which is what I am hoping to do in Australia as I love it really - despite moaning a lot!
Beth