British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Anyone moved pre- house sale? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/anyone-moved-pre-house-sale-111166/)

Grub Sep 9th 2002 12:10 pm

Anyone moved pre- house sale?

Dear Fellow Emigrants (note thay this excludes certain people returning to UK) and happy Oz residents!

Our house is on the market although market gone a little quiet. We want to be in Perth by November if possible and realise that the house is unlikely to have completed by then. Could anyone who has moved out there pre-house sale, or indeed is planning to do so, advise me if this is wise?

Would apreciate the advice.

PS Spoke to our agents this morning and Team 2 are now up to May 2001 processing.

Jo/Matt Sep 9th 2002 8:28 pm

Re: Anyone moved pre- house sale?

Hi Nicky,

We too wish to be in Perth by November (applied June 2001) Team 2.

We sold our house last month and things are progressing well, we have no chain which
is going to make things easier, however a friend of mine sold and purchased her new
home in less than 2 weeks, so it can be done depending I suppose on your solicitor.

Which part of Perth are you heading? I liked Rockingham, Bicton and Leeming all south
of the river but Matt likes the north side!! Bloody Typical.

Anyway lets keep our fingers crossed and hope Team 2 work on our applications ASAP

Bye for now

Jo x

"NickyTurner" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Dear Fellow Emigrants (note thay this excludes certain people returning to UK) and
    > happy Oz residents!
    > Our house is on the market although market gone a little quiet. We want to be in
    > Perth by November if possible and realise that the house is unlikely to have
    > completed by then. Could anyone who has moved out there pre-house sale, or indeed
    > is planning to do so, advise me if this is wise?
    > Would apreciate the advice.
    > PS Spoke to our agents this morning and Team 2 are now up to May 2001 processing.
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Sandra Sep 10th 2002 12:31 am

[QUOTE]Originally posted by NickyTurner:
Our house is on the market although market gone a little quiet. We want to be in Perth by November if possible and realise that the house is unlikely to have completed by then. Could anyone who has moved out there pre-house sale, or indeed is planning to do so, advise me if this is wise?

We left the house because we just weren't sure of what our plans are going to be, here on 457 while we wait for PR. We have house sitters at the moment, but we have also given power of attorney jointly to my sister and Husbands Mum - very simple forms and fairly cheap to organise. We are planning on putting the house on the market once we get PR. Rental over here is a great option, lets you know the area etc before you dive in and buy. And the thought of not being around for the horrible will we won't get to exhange process is very pleasant.

Cheers

Grub Sep 10th 2002 8:12 am

Thanks everyone for advice. Re: Jo/ Matt- we are looking at Hillarys, Duncraig (sis bought house there on Saturday!) and Padbury. I havent been to Perth since i was 12 so it's all pretty new to me but luckily have family and friends there who can advise. If you want to add your name to list of Perth people then email me your details on [email protected]. Had row last night with hubbie as he thinks we should wait til house sold to go but i am just keen to get over there as soon as stamp in passport. Cant face the thought of another winter here. Not sure if it's wise but having waited 2 years i'm not sure that i can stand another day!
Cheers
Nicky

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Sandra:

Originally posted by NickyTurner:

We left the house because we just weren't sure of what our plans are going to be, here on 457 while we wait for PR. We have house sitters at the moment, but we have also given power of attorney jointly to my sister and Husbands Mum - very simple forms and fairly cheap to organise. We are planning on putting the house on the market once we get PR. Rental over here is a great option, lets you know the area etc before you dive in and buy. And the thought of not being around for the horrible will we won't get to exhange process is very pleasant.

Cheers

Ian Guy Sep 10th 2002 8:23 am

We had the ultimate disaster - what wasn't a chain became one - the day we flew the
sale STILL hadn't gone through and I was phoning the building society and insurance
from the airport. If you can get a sale then great - it was a headache without it (an
extra stress you don't need)

"Sandra" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Originally posted by NickyTurner:
    > > Our house is on the market although market gone a little quiet. We want to be in
    > > Perth by November if possible and realise that the house is unlikely to have
    > > completed by then. Could anyone who has moved out there pre-house sale, or indeed
    > > is planning to do so, advise me if this is wise?
    > >
    > > We left the house because we just weren't sure of what our plans are going to be,
    > > here on 457 while we wait for PR. We have house sitters at the moment, but we
    > > have also given power of attorney jointly to my sister and Husbands Mum - very
    > > simple forms and fairly cheap to organise. We are planning on putting the house
    > > on the market once we get PR. Rental over here is a great option, lets you know
    > > the area etc before you dive in and buy. And the thought of not being around for
    > > the horrible will we won't get to exhange process is very pleasant.
    > >
    > > Cheers
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Thunder Ace Sep 10th 2002 8:51 am

NickyTurner <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > Dear Fellow Emigrants (note thay this excludes certain people returning to UK) and
    > happy Oz residents!
    > Our house is on the market although market gone a little quiet. We want to be in
    > Perth by November if possible and realise that the house is unlikely to have
    > completed by then. Could anyone who has moved out there pre-house sale, or indeed
    > is planning to do so, advise me if this is wise?
    > Would apreciate the advice.
    > PS Spoke to our agents this morning and Team 2 are now up to May 2001 processing.

Well, we're in the same position but have no intention of going until the house is
sold. We were in Oz when the purchase of our current house was going through and my
wife had to spend hours every day just keeping the solicitors in line. We nearly lost
the house after our solicitor had a row with the sellers solicitor and all the
paperwork was returned. They were like a bunch of schoolboys squaring up to each
other. If your know someone that can look after the sale on your behalf, then you
might be okay. I'd suggest you get someone you really trust e.g. a family member, but
make sure that person has enough cop on to keep a proper eye on things because a lot
of money is a stake.

You know the saying "When the cat's out of town, the mice get down". Good luck
whichever way you decide to go.

Thunder Ace