Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone moved over with a 1 year old?

Anyone moved over with a 1 year old?

Old Jun 14th 2007, 7:43 am
Oz Passport Holder ;)

Julez82 is on a distinguished road
Default Anyone moved over with a 1 year old?

I'm looking for some advice and tips really - am travelling on my own with my daughter and just want to be prepared!

Moving to the Gold Coast.

Are places baby friendly? Is public transport easy to use? Anything to look out for?
Old Jun 15th 2007, 5:37 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Anyone moved over with a 1 year old?

Originally Posted by Julez82
I'm looking for some advice and tips really - am travelling on my own with my daughter and just want to be prepared!

Moving to the Gold Coast.

Are places baby friendly? Is public transport easy to use? Anything to look out for?
Hi. We just moved over with a 3 year old and a 9 month old. We're in Brisbane now. We've had no problems travelling with a baby at all.

Most hotels have cots (playpens) that you can use, sometimes they charge a small fee for it but it beats dragging one in from the car. We stayed in many hotels for a month and we only used our own a couple of times.

I can't comment on the public transport since we have been using a rental car. Restaurants are also pretty baby friendly. We've always been able to get a highchair for the baby. Although we aren't exactly dining in places that require a suit and tie. But I don't think you'd have any difficulties there.

My one note would be that if your baby is on infant formula, you should double check if they have that brand here. Our baby was on Nestle Goodstart in Canada and here they go by a totally different name. I emailed the company to find out.

If your baby uses a soother bring extra just in case. My little boy only uses it to sleep, but we lost one and then couldn't find the same kind in the store. So just in case it's best to make sure you have enough of the same with you.

That's about it, unless you have any specific questions. I've found places and people to be very friendly and helpful.