Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone moved from Bristol UK to Sydney?

Anyone moved from Bristol UK to Sydney?

Old Aug 26th 2008, 3:52 pm
Forum Regular

James_SC is just really niceJames_SC is just really niceJames_SC is just really niceJames_SC is just really niceJames_SC is just really niceJames_SC is just really niceJames_SC is just really niceJames_SC is just really niceJames_SC is just really niceJames_SC is just really niceJames_SC is just really nice
Default Anyone moved from Bristol UK to Sydney?

Hi,

Just wondered if there were any ex bristolians out there living in Sydney?

Struggling to get a measure on what a 'good' sydney suburb is and thought if I could get a comparision with places I know in Bristol and around it may help?!?

Any help welcomed,

J
Old Aug 26th 2008, 4:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

plantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Anyone moved from Bristol UK to Sydney?

Originally Posted by James_SC
Hi,

Just wondered if there were any ex bristolians out there living in Sydney?

Struggling to get a measure on what a 'good' sydney suburb is and thought if I could get a comparision with places I know in Bristol and around it may help?!?

Any help welcomed,

J
Where do you want to compare it to in Bristol James and maybe some people can help?

Not a Bristolian but DH is a Paulton born boy...so knows the areas reasonably well...
Old Aug 26th 2008, 4:45 pm
Forum Regular

James_SC is just really niceJames_SC is just really niceJames_SC is just really niceJames_SC is just really niceJames_SC is just really niceJames_SC is just really niceJames_SC is just really niceJames_SC is just really niceJames_SC is just really niceJames_SC is just really niceJames_SC is just really nice

thanks for the reply,

Areas of Bristol include Kingsdown and Redland. I guess it is difficult as Sydney is so much bigger!

I am hopefully going to be working in Pyrmont and would be happy with a 45 minute commute, not sure how far you can get in 45 minutes? The Eastern suburbs look too pricey for us, North Ryde looks good, we ideally would like a 2 bed house near areas for walking the dog and a few shops. Really hard trying to understand the suburbs without being there!
Old Aug 27th 2008, 7:37 am
Forum Regular

AberJazz is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello

I used to work in Bristol and lived in Clevedon.

My recommendation would be to buy this book from amazon "Complete Residents Guide to Sydney"

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sydney-Compl.../dp/9768182903

It has lots of very useful information and great maps and it really helped us plan for our move to Sydney

AberJazz
Old Aug 27th 2008, 4:27 pm
Forum Regular

We live in Clevedon at the moment!!!!

Thanks for your tip, I will get a copy of the book.

Thanks James
Old Aug 27th 2008, 5:09 pm
Harrip

harrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to behold

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sydney-Morni...9856918&sr=8-1 is worth a look also. Does not do direct comparisons with Bristol thou