Reload this Page >

Anyone moved back to the UK and had trouble with shippers

Anyone moved back to the UK and had trouble with shippers

Old Jan 8th 2019, 3:34 pm
Just Joined

TinyP is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Anyone moved back to the UK and had trouble with shippers

Hi There

Last year I moved back to the UK from Brisbane and used a company called Chess to move my belongings, and unfortunately had a lot of damage, very sad, upsetting and distressing . Can I ask has anyone else moved back to the UK and had damage to their belongings and what did they do?

Chess are being really really difficult, sadly.

Thank you.

TinyP
Old Jan 8th 2019, 8:22 pm
Alone again, naturally

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone moved back to the UK and had trouble with shippers

Originally Posted by TinyP View Post
Hi There

Last year I moved back to the UK from Brisbane and used a company called Chess to move my belongings, and unfortunately had a lot of damage, very sad, upsetting and distressing . Can I ask has anyone else moved back to the UK and had damage to their belongings and what did they do?

Thank you.

TinyP
were you insured?
Old Jan 9th 2019, 2:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Still Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond repute

Echo Polly's question. Really not worth it unless you take insurance (I know, hindsight and all). I know when I enquired with our shippers they basically advised unless it fell off the ship into the sea they didn't cover anything. I think we spent around the £250 mark for full insurance door to door.

I hope it all works out.
Old Jan 9th 2019, 5:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

We used insurance to the full. Mouldy bed linen and clothing, broken picture frames, and other broken items. All claimed without fuss.
Old Feb 5th 2019, 7:23 am
Just Joined

TBailey is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TinyP View Post
Hi There

Thank you.

TinyP
Yes we have had problems with Chess but the other way UK to Australia, billing us for so called Quarantine and Customs charges which when Invoices requested and received from Quarantine and Customs direct were about $200 compared to the $1000 they have charged us. Unfortunately as somebody else mentioned unless you have insurance it is very unlikely you will recover anything. Removers have very little liability and you can be assured Chess will avoid any liability.

Last edited by TBailey; Feb 5th 2019 at 7:24 am. Reason: spelling