British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Anyone moved to Adelaide and got any info?? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/anyone-moved-adelaide-got-any-info-179170/)

Adelaide2003 Sep 18th 2003 2:39 pm

Anyone moved to Adelaide and got any info??

hey all

Has anyone moved to Adelaide recently and got any info about jobs/houses and the whole experience really........

Cheers

ADELAIDE BOUND Sep 18th 2003 3:04 pm

Re: Anyone moved to Adelaide and got any info??

Originally posted by Adelaide2003
hey all

Has anyone moved to Adelaide recently and got any info about jobs/houses and the whole experience really........

Cheers
Hi Si and Family
Well done on getting your PR's so quickly.
There are plenty of helpful people on this site in Adelaide that will be willing and able to help you.
What Job are you looking for?
Do you have children?
What do you like Town, Beach, Hills etc..
Im sure good advice will follow.
Cheers
:beer:

Adelaide2003 Sep 18th 2003 3:11 pm

Thanks Tom, been looking on a couple of websites at houses in the Adelaide Hills area, (we visited it last year and loved it)...my wife is a midwife and so should not have too much problem, but I am a chartered secretary and there doesnt seem to be that much corporate work round Adelaide!! We also have a 1 yr old boy and have identified a school that might suit him.

Have you any idea where u r moving too?

Si

Originally posted by ADELAIDE BOUND
Hi Si and Family
Well done on getting your PR's so quickly.
There are plenty of helpful people on this site in Adelaide that will be willing and able to help you.
What Job are you looking for?
Do you have children?
What do you like Town, Beach, Hills etc..
Im sure good advice will follow.
Cheers
:beer:

HazelG Sep 18th 2003 4:02 pm

don't forget to check out the yahoo group 'adelaide Brits' for lots of good links & info

Hazel:)

Adelaide2003 Sep 18th 2003 4:05 pm

thanks guyz, I will check out that group Hazel.......r u going to/in Adelaide??

ADELAIDE BOUND Sep 18th 2003 4:16 pm

Originally posted by Adelaide2003
Thanks Tom, been looking on a couple of websites at houses in the Adelaide Hills area, (we visited it last year and loved it)...my wife is a midwife and so should not have too much problem, but I am a chartered secretary and there doesnt seem to be that much corporate work round Adelaide!! We also have a 1 yr old boy and have identified a school that might suit him.

Have you any idea where u r moving too?

Si
Si
Stirling seems to be the most popular area, Prices seem a little higher than some other areas but it does look nice.
We are hoping to move out to Adelaide in March, April 2004, Depending really on house sale and that there are no last minute hitches with the PR visa.
As I said earlier there are many people on this site who already live and work in Adelaide who may be able to help you with advice on the work front. Have you tried the obvious job agencies like career one and Hays montrose etc.?
There is lots of good advice on Schools, areas to live, how much it will cost to adapt TV,s etc. Just search back through the forum pages.
Cheers :beer:

HazelG Sep 18th 2003 4:22 pm

Hi A2003

we've got STNI for SA (or hubby has!!) & are planning to be out there by next March hopefully.

we have friends who have just (literally) gone so if you join the yahoo group you'll get lots of up to date info.

where are now in the UK?
what line of work are you in?

Hazel:)

Adelaide2003 Sep 18th 2003 4:25 pm

will check out the group later (the nasty old work pc wont let me lol)

I am a company secretary, and the other half is a midwife so she probably wont have too much trouble.

We looked at Stirling and it is definatley on our list after Aldgate!

I dont suppose you know how hard it is to get mortgages over there do you??

Si and Em (in sunny old Luton.....also known as dump!!)

r.bartlett Sep 18th 2003 4:40 pm

if you investigate the s.a immigration website adelaide will probably assist your application and as a nurse fastrack you in about 3 months..

cheers

richard

Adelaide2003 Sep 18th 2003 7:13 pm

Thanks Richard...we already have our PR's (came thru in 5 months...) and the SA immi website is OK....we are really looking for info relating to life in Adelaide like mortgages and jobs etc, but thanks anyway!

Si and Em