Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone migrating from Geordie Land ?

Anyone migrating from Geordie Land ?

Old Jan 11th 2004, 12:29 pm
Go Banana's !!

Default Anyone migrating from Geordie Land ?

Hi all,

Jill and I live about 30 mins from Newcastle near Consett and were wondering if there were many folks out there who are looking to migrate to Oz from this area with a view to perhaps swapping a few emails and maybe having a meet if there is any interest ?

Best wishes

Warren & Jill

Old Jan 11th 2004, 2:41 pm
WBB

Default Re: Anyone migrating from Geordie Land ?

Originally posted by Go Banana's !!
Hi all,

Jill and I live about 30 mins from Newcastle near Consett and were wondering if there were many folks out there who are looking to migrate to Oz from this area with a view to perhaps swapping a few emails and maybe having a meet if there is any interest ?

Best wishes

Warren & Jill
i know the whole NUFC squad are heading for manchester for the day.

:PARTY:

Old Jan 11th 2004, 2:47 pm
Forum Regular

gary2rep is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by welshboybilly
i know the whole NUFC squad are heading for manchester for the day.

:PARTY:
Hi Warren and Jill, i live in the Middlesbrough area and am currently well into my emigration application. Drop me a line if you think i can help you with anything. Have you started the ball rolling yet?
Best regards
Gary
Old Jan 11th 2004, 4:38 pm
Go Banana's !!

Originally posted by gary2rep
Hi Warren and Jill, i live in the Middlesbrough area and am currently well into my emigration application. Drop me a line if you think i can help you with anything. Have you started the ball rolling yet?
Best regards
Gary
hi Gary,

I'll drop you a PM.

Regards

Warren

Old Jan 11th 2004, 4:58 pm
Forum Regular

JAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

Best wishes

Warren & Jill

Hi,

We live on the border between Cleveland and County Durham and we have only just made the decision to look into emigration. We have scoured this site for the last few days and have read through the posts with interest. We have decided to take the plunge and see how far we get with our application.. so heres hoping!!

Julia
Old Jan 11th 2004, 5:59 pm
Go Banana's !!

Originally posted by JAYMAC
Hi,

We live on the border between Cleveland and County Durham and we have only just made the decision to look into emigration. We have scoured this site for the last few days and have read through the posts with interest. We have decided to take the plunge and see how far we get with our application.. so heres hoping!!

Julia
Hi there,

We are relatively new on the site (Sept 2003) but have quickly got addictive to it (more wifey than me as she doesn't have to be up so early !!). The posts are mounting up but most importantly we are learning heaps about the process etc.

Don't be afraid to ask the questions, have a search first, but generally everyone on here is either doing it (oo err matron !), done it or finished it !!

We found the site after we had done all the application bit but now we are in the wating phase its good to know we are not alone.

We live in Shotley Bridge, near Consett. How about you ??

Good luck

Warren (and Jill)
Perth 2004........

Old Jan 11th 2004, 6:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sandy.l is on a distinguished road

Hi all of you!

We are not far from Peterlee, that's good enough reason to want to emigrate!

Sandy & Darren
Old Jan 11th 2004, 7:10 pm
Forum Regular

JAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond repute

We used to live in Peterlee but recently moved to High Throston, nr Hartlepool .. also finding that this site is becoming addictive
Old Jan 11th 2004, 7:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sandy.l is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by JAYMAC
We used to live in Peterlee but recently moved to High Throston, nr Hartlepool .. also finding that this site is becoming addictive
Hi neighbour! We are not from this area, we are from York, but somehow ended up living up here, via London and then Leeds (moved with work). I don't like to have regrets about choices but I sometimes wonder how the hell we ended up round here!

sandy
Old Jan 11th 2004, 7:39 pm
Forum Regular

Bret is an unknown quantity at this point

If Gateshead counts as Geordieland then yes!

My wife and I are from Yorkshire but have lived here since finishing Uni. We are awaiting our skills assessment results before applying but we are being sponsored by the Vict Govt so hopefully be there in July.

Bret
Old Jan 12th 2004, 8:32 am
Just Joined

trevd72 is an unknown quantity at this point

me and our lass live in peterlee and have talked about moving away for a while and this xmas decided on Australia. we have to wait until a year in september to apply as she has only been teaching 18months, but there is plenty to organise between now and then such as the skills assessment.

would love to hear from anyone going through the processes locally.

really can it be any worse than living in peterlee?

Hi all,

Best wishes

Warren & Jill
Old Jan 12th 2004, 8:36 am
Forum Regular

Bret is an unknown quantity at this point

Trevd 72 - my wife is a teacher. Victoria are sposoring teachers at the moment so you visa could take a little as 2 months to go through. The only drawback is you have to live in the State of Victoria for 2 year using this process.
Old Jan 12th 2004, 9:31 am
Forum Regular

BJKLiffey is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,

My hubby is from North Shields , we emmigrated to Melbourne in August last year , I'm originally from Manchester & spent nine years in the North East .

If we can help we will , anyone on there way to Melbourne.

Karen & Brendan
Old Jan 12th 2004, 12:40 pm
Just Joined

trevd72 is an unknown quantity at this point

We thought that teaching was not on the list. Is Victoria an expensive place to live? We live modestly in the UK and we expect to do the same in australia and expect to only take around £10,000 with us. Are we likely to struggle? Although i am an IT manager at the mo' my degree is in Business and to be truthful I see the move as a way to get away from IT and into managment working from the bottom up, which I cant do in the UK with all the shackles we have. Are the job prospects ok for someone starting again over there.

Thanks for the tip off.

Originally posted by Bret
Trevd 72 - my wife is a teacher. Victoria are sposoring teachers at the moment so you visa could take a little as 2 months to go through. The only drawback is you have to live in the State of Victoria for 2 year using this process.
Old Jan 12th 2004, 12:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Bret
It won't be a prison sentence to 'have' to live and work in Victoria for 2 years The other factor to be aware of is that the Education Department will probably be able to send your wife wherever they want (they did this for my wife - I come from Melbourne). In other words, if they are finding it difficult to attract staff to certain schools you have a good chance of being posted there. Usually this means country Victoria schools or certain parts of Melbourne (primarily the west).

OzTennis

And that was a stonewall penalty to Shearer yesterday!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.