Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone mentioned the Welsh win yet?

Anyone mentioned the Welsh win yet?

Old Nov 28th 2005, 6:32 pm
New South Welshie

<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold
Default Anyone mentioned the Welsh win yet?

Just thought I'd ask, like

Wales 24-22 Australia.....if anyone was watching.

Six nations should be awesome ! Pob hwyl bois !
Old Nov 28th 2005, 6:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

OzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud of
Default Re: Anyone mentioned the Welsh win yet?

Originally Posted by <")))><

We were there!! Fantastic game and we had fantastic seats!! My voice had gone completely the next day with all the shouting!!
Old Nov 28th 2005, 7:56 pm
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

Wales won....I hadnt heard...shock...
Old Nov 28th 2005, 8:05 pm
Running on the spot.

rugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Ransi
Wales won....I hadnt heard...shock...
evening all!
I did see our welsh brothers v aus on saturday,thought they were made to look good by a very poor ozzie team,the scrum was so bad it was cringe worthy.
Didn't see the England game as I was running around a muddy field and scrummaging my little heart out for the 3rds!!
I see Mr Moody saw red !! I think alls fair in love and rugby but who threw the first punch and wasn't our boy targeted all game,the high tackle across the throat was really bad and the guy should have walked.anyway as for the 6 nations .tuck the ball up the jumper and trundle up the park .lovely.anyway Jonny will be back soon!!! Sheridans the boy,he will relish taking on the hair bear bunch from the valleys!! Anyway how many of the welsh team are welsh.even bloody charvis was born in England was he not??
Old Nov 28th 2005, 8:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute

I thought they lost, 41-3

Oh sorry that was against New Zealand................
Old Nov 28th 2005, 8:39 pm
Running on the spot.

rugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Nice Guy
I thought they lost, 41-3

Oh sorry that was against New Zealand................
Yes I sem to remember that game as well,funny the welsh dont though but my God do the y remember a certain hair gelled fake tanned nancy boy making a good kick.ahhhhhhhhhhhh
Old Nov 28th 2005, 8:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute

Dan "The Man" Carter...........not jelled, not fake tanned.....just a bloody good player.
Old Nov 28th 2005, 9:05 pm

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

We watched the England game which was a good one - missed both the Ireland and Wales games due to other commitments but would have loved to have seen Wales win. It's total dichotomy now when England Aus play - who do you shout for?? - No competition - England every time !!!!! but I must admit - we are confirmed Aussie shouters when they are playing any non-British team.
Old Nov 28th 2005, 9:13 pm
Running on the spot.

Originally Posted by annqldau
We watched the England game which was a good one - missed both the Ireland and Wales games due to other commitments but would have loved to have seen Wales win. It's total dichotomy now when England Aus play - who do you shout for?? - No competition - England every time !!!!! but I must admit - we are confirmed Aussie shouters when they are playing any non-British team.
I saw a welsh rugby fan once who had a t shirt on saying " I support anybody who's beating England"
Don't you just love 'em

Last edited by rugbymad; Nov 28th 2005 at 9:16 pm.
Old Nov 28th 2005, 9:32 pm

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah - makes you wonder if the Italians built that big wall in the right place
Old Nov 28th 2005, 9:54 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymad
I saw a welsh rugby fan once who had a t shirt on saying " I support anybody who's beating England"
Don't you just love 'em
They're all the same, Jocks, taffys and paddys, all suffering from non-entity country syndrome
Old Nov 28th 2005, 10:09 pm
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute

I was up at 3am. Fantastic game, fantastic result. That said Australia were poor and the scrum's were embarassing. I thought Wales dictated the game for the best part and were unlucky to only win by two points.

As for New Zealand, I have no worries about losing to them. They are simply awesome.

For what it's worth, as a Welshman I have nothing disrespectful to say about the English. I enjoyed watching them win the World Cup and I've love to see them do it in Germany next year. I think England is a great country, as are Australia and Wales.
Old Nov 28th 2005, 10:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

DianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud of

I think the Kiwis and the Welsh are the Aussies favourite people at the moment
Old Nov 28th 2005, 10:21 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by diddy

For what it's worth, as a Welshman I have nothing disrespectful to say about the English. I enjoyed watching them win the World Cup and I've love to see them do it in Germany next year. I think England is a great country, as are Australia and Wales.
Respect to you diddy
Old Nov 29th 2005, 12:13 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Originally Posted by <")))><

yes I watched the match of course ( die hardfans here) Got up at 2am to watch it -it was supposed to be on at 2.30 am here, but started around 3 am

I didn't see the match between N Zealand - it wasn't played on free to air here, or I would have watched it too .Only the Aus matches tend to ever get played here on free to air.
apparently it was a really cringe worthy affair ( my parents taped it for me to send out to me - but said you don't really want to see it it was that bad) . They should have not lost by that amount - and yes any welsh supporter should mind losing by that amount to them, that is a ridiculous amount for us to lose to them by. losing is one thing - but by that amount - no.

As for the match between Fiji just beating them by just one point - disgusting. we should have slaughtered them. what on earth were the welsh doing? - sleeping?.

I watch most welsh matches if I get a chance to see them, including going to see them at the last wc here when they played England in the quarters here in Brisbane

cheers
.................................................. .................................................. .....
It is laughable how many people can't say "well played Wales" and are coming out with sour grapes comments. They also forget that Wales was missing some of it's other best players. It was not a full a strength team and yet we still won against Aus - it was poor welsh play that won against a so called poor Aus play - ditto . it was a good match, and it could have gone either way. The welsh absolutely dominated Aus in the first half . as for the scrums - aus was up to it's old cheating tricks again and got pulled up for it

Re how many of that welsh team who played on the weekend are welsh?
Quote by rugbymad " Anyway how many of the welsh team are welsh.even bloody charvis was born in England was he not??" - Most of them are welsh, charvis yes he was born in England , so is horseman and you're quite welcome to have them back ( not a fan of charvis , never have been - and horseman is absolutely hopeless) , parker - kiwi born - G Thomas ( welsh), Shane Williams ( welsh) , S Jones (welsh) ,
Cooper (welsh) , D Jones (welsh), R. Thomas (welsh) Martyn Williams ( welsh), Michael Owen ( welsh) etc etc etc etc blah and blah

Can't be bothered to go through each and every one of them - but you get the picture - most of our players are Welsh born and bred, it is one of the few top ten ranked countries in the world who do have a highest proportion of their own born and bred players, I suggest you look at your own teams - those in glasshouses should not throw stones.

I also suggest to look at all the other teams ( especially Australia and N.Zealand - how many players have N Zealand robbed from the poor countries such as Tonga and Samoa? and as for the amount of non aussie born in the Australian team lol )
Try the S African in the team who jumped ship just to start you off . You'll find that most countries in the IRB top ten have a higher proportion of "foreigners" in them than Wales has. The welsh team consists of mostly Welsh players bar the odd couple -

can I also remind you that Wales has only 2.9 million people opposed to England which has nearly 50 million , France around 50 million too , Scotland 5 point something mil, Ireland ( north and south together) around 7 mill (?) Wales has one of the lowest populations ( bar countries such as Tonga etc), and certainly the lowest in the western country world who compete competitively in rugby - Not bad for a country which took out the Grandslam, and were the underdogs before the game even started, with England going to win it all lol and the records we have held over the many years and still hold

sure it wasn't me wearing the T shirt ?- front of one of my t-shirt's says you can stick you chariots of fire up your arse, back says I only support two teams - Wales and who ever plays against England.

regarding Johnny -How is Johnny? as he recovered yet from all his injuries?, poor fragile dab . Still not beaten Jenkins world record I see. I see the English like to forget that a welsh man still holds it. I don't think Johnny is even second.

As for the slagging off Hensen ( who I'll add is welsh born too lol - as most of our players are ) , it sounds like pure sour grapes to me as usual , I bet you wish you had shaven legs and gel done hair that looked that good lol. That so called "nancy boy" out kicked you (beat England at their own "kicking" game lol )in the games in the 6 nations - besides laying on some of the of the best tackles I have seen in a long while , can't find the pictures of him lifting up one of your English players right off his feet and dumping him on his fat behind - classic lol - not bad for a "nancy boy" lol.

why have a lot of the welsh not mentioned beating the Aussies ? I can only speak for myself and most of the welsh people I associate with and know - Most Welsh have not got the tiresome, childlike trait of bragging like some countries have( mentioning no countries names lol) - most Welsh are quite comfortable with their own identity,comfortable supporting their teams - win or lose - that's true sport.

good luck to you ( England) in next years 6n's - your team looks as if it has improved from it's very poor 6nations show, but I see some of it's countrymen haven't improved with their usual attitude.

Last edited by Ceri; Nov 29th 2005 at 2:05 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.