British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Anyone in Melbourne???! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/anyone-melbourne-503078/)

Hound23 Jan 2nd 2008 9:54 pm

Anyone in Melbourne???!

Hi,

First post, anyone "here" in Melbourne? Got a couple of months here contemplating migration and sussing out the local work, life, climate & food scenes.

Would appreciate meeting up with recently imported Poms.

I don't whinge.

Henry

Buzzy--Bee Jan 3rd 2008 7:11 pm

Re: Anyone in Melbourne???!

Originally Posted by Hound23 (Post 5731236)
Hi,

First post, anyone "here" in Melbourne? Got a couple of months here contemplating migration and sussing out the local work, life, climate & food scenes.

I don't whinge.

Henry

Henry, lots of us in the world's most liveable city. There are occasional curry night meet ups and other meets too.

I'm moving your post to the main Oz section as you'll get more replies.

Welcome to the forum

Buzzy

Hound23 Jan 3rd 2008 7:30 pm

Thanks Buzzy....

Did you say curry? Sign me up!

Henry

Mairead Jan 3rd 2008 7:38 pm

Hi Hound,

Not in Melbourne yet, soon Hopefully. have sent you a pm.

mairead

Hound23 Jan 3rd 2008 9:46 pm

Thanks!

H

baxter-s Jan 22nd 2008 10:46 am

Originally Posted by Hound23 (Post 5731236)
Hi,

I don't whinge.

Henry

hi just moved to melbourne only been here 3 months looking to meet some new friends .

djamesburgess Jan 22nd 2008 11:04 am

Originally Posted by baxter-s (Post 5823200)
hi just moved to melbourne only been here 3 months looking to meet some new friends .

I've been here for 7 months - this place is the best. Anyone in Melbourne wanting a beer sometime after work in the CBD one night, send me a PM.

Mr Anderson Jan 25th 2008 11:21 am

Originally Posted by djamesburgess (Post 5823281)
I've been here for 7 months - this place is the best. Anyone in Melbourne wanting a beer sometime after work in the CBD one night, send me a PM.

im up for a beer

i work tuesdays and wednesdays in the cbd,maybei should organise an after work drinkers club like swerv-o in Sydney.

Any takers?

Ill do another post

gary-lisa Jan 25th 2008 12:02 pm

Hi everyone.

Myself and my fella will be arriving in Melbourne at the beginning of March.:thumbsup:
We're thinking about living as close to the CBD as possible.
Does anyone live in the CBD? What's it like?:confused:
We like eating out, having a drink, cinemas and live events. What is it like for that kind of thing?:blink:

turkey Jan 25th 2008 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by gary-lisa (Post 5837768)
Hi everyone.

Myself and my fella will be arriving in Melbourne at the beginning of March.:thumbsup:
We like eating out, having a drink, cinemas and live events. What is it like for that kind of thing?:blink:

Hi, go on Britvics site it is for people going too Victoria. They are having a meet up in Mornington can't remember what date and Pakenham on the 9 th of Feb quite a few people going every one is welcome. Were not there yet but hope to be by Sept fingers crossed.

paul30 Jan 25th 2008 4:09 pm

Not there yet either but hoefully will be by July

Hound23 Jan 25th 2008 6:11 pm

Hi,

Now am back in Pomland topping up on the accent and doing a better job of packing stuff up. Anyone got any "good" stuff shipping stories I'd be glad of some pointers. Only moving out a few boxes to start (say 2 cubic metres) - the aeroplane will wait till later...

When I move out in hopefully June, it'll be Camberwell or Auburn to be close to fiancee. The next 4 1/2 months will be tough...

Henry

Buzzy--Bee Jan 25th 2008 6:12 pm

Originally Posted by Hound23 (Post 5838986)
Hi,

Now am back in Pomland topping up on the accent and doing a better job of packing stuff up. Anyone got any "good" stuff shipping stories I'd be glad of some pointers. Only moving out a few boxes to start (say 2 cubic metres) - the aeroplane will wait till later...

When I move out in hopefully June, it'll be Camberwell or Auburn to be close to fiancee. The next 4 1/2 months will be tough...

Henry

There's a good shipping story right here mate -

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=474957

Buzzy

Hound23 Jan 25th 2008 6:19 pm

Nice story.... with a happy ending which is good to hear....

Although I wouldn't want the aeroplane to be moved from one container to t'other. I'd need a 30 foot one. Gives me a good idea of a budget, and some people to ask for quotage.

Cheerio, jet lag beckons me to bed,

Henry

hereshoping Jan 25th 2008 8:31 pm

Originally Posted by gary-lisa (Post 5837768)
Hi everyone.

We're moving over in July (hopefully, got the visa need to sell the house) and also heading to CBD or the surroundings.

Sounds like we like the same kind of things, maybe I can pick your brains when you get out there?