Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone in Manly?

Anyone in Manly?

Old Jan 26th 2005, 10:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

hedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nice
Default Anyone in Manly?

Hello,

Well we have just arrived in Manly and it is great! Would be cool to meet up with some people and if there are any meets here can someone let me know as we are itching to get out and drink beers!
Old Jan 27th 2005, 12:18 am
ABCDiamond

Default Re: Anyone in Manly?

Originally Posted by hedgehog-girl
Hello,

Well we have just arrived in Manly and it is great! Would be cool to meet up with some people and if there are any meets here can someone let me know as we are itching to get out and drink beers!
No one has replied yet, so....... Which Manly are you in ? QLD or NSW

Old Jan 27th 2005, 1:39 am

gedge has disabled reputation

Just checked you're in Manly, Sydney - unless you got off at the wrong airport!
Welcome to the Northern Beaches, hope you enjoy them.
Are you settling in Manly or is it temp for the mo?

There is a meet planned in Feb
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...4&page=1&pp=40
a great way to meet a few folk.
Old Jan 27th 2005, 4:45 am
BE Enthusiast

hedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nice

Originally Posted by JulesandChris
Just checked you're in Manly, Sydney - unless you got off at the wrong airport!
Welcome to the Northern Beaches, hope you enjoy them.
Are you settling in Manly or is it temp for the mo?

There is a meet planned in Feb
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...4&page=1&pp=40
a great way to meet a few folk.

Hi, that thread was great thanks, we should be able to make that....We are here for at least 4 years and more hopefully!!!!

cheers
Old Jan 27th 2005, 4:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi, that thread was great thanks, we should be able to make that....We are here for at least 4 years and more hopefully!!!!

cheers
Oops sorry its Manly Sydney I am in!
Old Jan 27th 2005, 5:32 am

Easy mistake to make. I checked some of your old posts and found that you had written about coming to Sydney so that's how I knew.
Old Jan 27th 2005, 5:37 am
ABCDiamond

I thought i'd better ask, as I live 23 km from Manly QLD, but 1,011 km from the Sydney one

Manly, Sydney brings back some memories for me, especially the one of the seagull that got a direct hit on my head !!!

Old Jan 27th 2005, 5:41 am

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
I thought i'd better ask, as I live 23 km from Manly QLD, but 1,011 km from the Sydney one

Manly, Sydney brings back some memories for me, especially the one of the seagull that got a direct hit on my head !!!
It's enought to put you off birds, going for fish'n'chips in Manly around sunset.
The Lorrikeets make such a racket and the sea gulls take whatever they can get away with. And as for the special tartare sauce
Old Jan 27th 2005, 5:49 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by JulesandChris
And as for the special tartare sauce
Yep !! that was it

Old Jan 27th 2005, 8:11 am
MorningMaro

MorningMaro is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey there
Hope you're settling in OK! My bofy and I are coming out to Sydney at the end of March and have pretty much decided Manly sounds like where we'll want to live...any tips on good/bad parts of Manly would be greatly appreciated, anywhere to avoid etc based on what you've found.
Where do you work? Would be commuting to the CBD so hope the ferry will be OK... (different anyway!)

Caro

Hello,

Old Jan 27th 2005, 8:28 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

cheers
hi there, stick your name on the end of the list for the meet up in sydney. it will bump the thread back up, for other who havent seen it yet.
oh and welcome to sydney. there are loads of members who live in around you. many of them come to the meet ups too.
look forward to seeing you

soapy
Old Jan 27th 2005, 10:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MorningMaro
Hey there
Hope you're settling in OK! My bofy and I are coming out to Sydney at the end of March and have pretty much decided Manly sounds like where we'll want to live...any tips on good/bad parts of Manly would be greatly appreciated, anywhere to avoid etc based on what you've found.
Where do you work? Would be commuting to the CBD so hope the ferry will be OK... (different anyway!)

Caro
Hi, I will put our names on the board thanks!

As for Manly, it is fabulous....I work in the local hospital and my partner starts work in the CBD on monday so he commutes on the ferry. Sometimes there is a big swell in the harbour and the ferry is cancelled but the jet cat is always going and too, if you stand at the start of the motorways you can sometimes catch a lift off those who want to travel in the transit lane over to the CBD as they need at least three people to travel in this lane.

Property is expensive in Manly, but if you are coming in March then you will find lots of good deals then, but search hard, the aussie landlord doesn't care what state his kitchen or bathroom is in! If you go a bit further out of Manly, fairlight or harbord then it should be cheaper. Send me a private email and I will speak further if you wish...Glad we chose here though, close to everything but far enough for it to be like a holiday!