Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone in Mackay QLD??

Anyone in Mackay QLD??

Old Oct 24th 2005, 7:34 pm
Forum Regular

TheGreenz is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Anyone in Mackay QLD??

Hi there just wondering if there is anyone on here living in or near Mackay or the surrounding suburbs. My husband is considering a position in Mackay and we want to find out as much info about it as possible. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys

Rachel G
Old Oct 24th 2005, 8:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: in a place near the river and the sea where the sun always shines
debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone in Mackay QLD??

Originally Posted by TheGreenz
Hi there just wondering if there is anyone on here living in or near Mackay or the surrounding suburbs. My husband is considering a position in Mackay and we want to find out as much info about it as possible. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys

Rachel G
hello rachel,

there was a thread last week about makay and from what i remember sounds a great place and property prices good too. i had a look myself.

if you do a search you might find it, otherwise, you'll get some response i'm sure,

good luck
debbie
Old Oct 24th 2005, 8:19 pm
Forum Regular

TheGreenz is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for that Debbie, not been on here for a while!!!
Old Oct 24th 2005, 9:24 pm
Forum Regular

Latona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud of

hi Rachel
we have been looking at mackay also . we are going out under an sir visa ( hopefully ) we have received a new residents kit from mackay council, we found it very helpful with loads of local info, you could try the address below

http://www.mackay.qld.gov.au/about_m..._residents_kit

we have been fortunate to meet a couple of people from mackay that said its a really great place ,up and coming,great bars, great restaurants and bars, great for kids, good bars,lovely beaches with bars.
did i mention really good bars.

hope this is of some help.I will look for the website tomorrow for skypics,it has photos of all the different areas.
good luck its not an easy decision without actually going there :scared:

Peter Denise and kids
Old Oct 27th 2005, 11:30 am
Forum Regular

sa2oz will become famous soon enoughsa2oz will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Latona
hi Rachel
we have been looking at mackay also . we are going out under an sir visa ( hopefully ) we have received a new residents kit from mackay council, we found it very helpful with loads of local info, you could try the address below

http://www.mackay.qld.gov.au/about_m..._residents_kit

we have been fortunate to meet a couple of people from mackay that said its a really great place ,up and coming,great bars, great restaurants and bars, great for kids, good bars,lovely beaches with bars.
did i mention really good bars.

hope this is of some help.I will look for the website tomorrow for skypics,it has photos of all the different areas.
good luck its not an easy decision without actually going there :scared:

Peter Denise and kids
It is a great place, great for kids safe quiet small HOT and humid. Bars are OK, not bad but not great, well you can get Guinness and Kilkenny in a few so I am OK here. Shopping is below average! Beach is great but swimming in Summer (from Oct to March ) is a no no due to stingers.
Mike