Reload this Page >

Anyone living in or waiting to go to Wellington

Anyone living in or waiting to go to Wellington

Old May 22nd 2003, 9:57 pm
Forum Regular

valleygirl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone living in or waiting to go to Wellington

Hi there

Just wondered if there was anyone Wellington bound. My husband and I are going there at the end of July this year. Would love to speak to people who are moving there or who already live out there.

Amanda
Old May 23rd 2003, 8:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Exit UK 23rd Mar 2004, arriving in NZ 29th Mar (stop off LA Disney)
GetMeOutOfHere is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone living in or waiting to go to Wellington

Originally posted by valleygirl
Hi there

Just wondered if there was anyone Wellington bound. My husband and I are going there at the end of July this year. Would love to speak to people who are moving there or who already live out there.

Amanda
Its Christchurch or Wellington for me. Its seems Wellington has more potential jobs but I like the Christchurch location more, but will go where the work is.

So why did you decide on Wellington?

With so many Brits emigrating, I wonder why they don't all meet up or help eachother more when they get there?
Old May 23rd 2003, 9:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Roger is a jewel in the roughRoger is a jewel in the roughRoger is a jewel in the roughRoger is a jewel in the rough

We're off to Wellington in September if we sell the house. Whilst we went to NZ in February decided that Nelson was the place for us. However the job offer gave too short a notice. In retrospect it would be a tad isolated and a bugger for people visiting and us flying abroad (intend to travel abroad lots).

Didn't like Christchurch well enough to move there (particularly the potential job). Auckland a definite no, no. Didn't visit Wellington but heard good reviews (Do a Search) and gained a good job. Just hope it suits.

In the meantime sending off for the local paper (Saturday copy) as is full of info, hoouses etc, and bought a map over the net.

Just got permanet residence this morning - only took a week!!!

[email protected]

mapcentre.co.nz

Would love to meet folk when we get there.

Roger
Old May 23rd 2003, 9:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Exit UK 23rd Mar 2004, arriving in NZ 29th Mar (stop off LA Disney)
GetMeOutOfHere is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Roger
We're off to Wellington in September if we sell the house. Whilst we went to NZ in February decided that Nelson was the place for us. However the job offer gave too short a notice. In retrospect it would be a tad isolated and a bugger for people visiting and us flying abroad (intend to travel abroad lots).

Didn't like Christchurch well enough to move there (particularly the potential job). Auckland a definite no, no. Didn't visit Wellington but heard good reviews (Do a Search) and gained a good job. Just hope it suits.

In the meantime sending off for the local paper (Saturday copy) as is full of info, hoouses etc, and bought a map over the net.

[email protected]

mapcentre.co.nz

Roger

Can I ask what industry you work in?

What was it about Christchurch that didn't quite feel right?
Old May 23rd 2003, 12:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

jajpe is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Roger

[email protected]

mapcentre.co.nz

Roger

Hi Roger,

That was Quick!! Let me be the first to say Congratulations - absolutely delighted for you!! I have to say though that you and hanley have me worried now . I've heard nothing yet except got the receipt. here's hoping some case officers are quicker off the mark than others!!

Anyway, well done again and the very best of wishes for the future!!

Last edited by jajpe; May 23rd 2003 at 1:29 pm.
Old May 23rd 2003, 1:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Roger is a jewel in the roughRoger is a jewel in the roughRoger is a jewel in the roughRoger is a jewel in the rough

I am an Emergency Nurse. The ER Department in Christchurch would have offered few opportunities, appeared unhappy and a reduction in role (no Paeds, extended nursing roles etc).

If the department had been good I would have considered Christchurch, though it was a bit sprawling and didn't make the most of the sea. Great access to skiing which I'm kicking myself about.

It's all well and good being a nurse with their keeness on giving you PR, but you can be very limited in each location if you're keen to remain in a speciality. I almost ran out of towns in NZ.

Shirley I'm sure you'll get yours soon. Probably we were very easy as we do not have kids etc. Lucky I didn't tell them about my dogs love of sheep!

Roger
Old May 23rd 2003, 3:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

TIZUS is an unknown quantity at this point

A week!!!! Thats fab! We sent ours off on Monday fingers crossed it will be back soon. We are heading to Nelson. Good to see some more Nz posts on here!!
Tori
Old May 23rd 2003, 5:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

You'll love Nelson. Have you been? Excellent fishing, walking, sailing. Very nice town. Seems like the skiing may be not too certain though. Glorious views over the sea.