Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

anyone living in Quinns rocks or merriwa, (Perth) ?

anyone living in Quinns rocks or merriwa, (Perth) ?

Old Apr 19th 2005, 3:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute
Default anyone living in Quinns rocks or merriwa, (Perth) ?

We have been looking at somewhere to live in Perth, & are interested in these areas, the house prices seem alot more affordable than ocean reef etc ! would be very interested to know what the local ammenities are like schools ,shops ,parks and also the feel of the place.

Thankyou

Nicky
Old Apr 19th 2005, 6:10 pm
Forum Regular

Pauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nice
Default Re: anyone living in Quinns rocks or merriwa, (Perth) ?

Hi

We stayed in Merriwa in January this year as my sister and her husband live there. It is a fairly new development with building still going on but we thought is was nice. I think there were two primary schools one private and one state,,both looked nice. There is a little group of shops on the corner into the estate as you turn off the Marmion Ave, but you are not far from bigger shopping malls. Five minutes from the beach at Quinns. I think the only fault some people might find is that as the houses are all new the gardens have not yet taken shape so it can look a bit bare, but once poeple get them going that won't be a problem.

I think its a good investment and it will only get better.

Hope that helps, but of course its only my opinion.

Pauline.
Old Apr 19th 2005, 7:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute

Thankyou Pauline ,

Great, will now get on www.realestate.com.au and carry on daydreaming !!

Cheers,

Nicky
Old Apr 20th 2005, 12:00 am
Just Joined

Mercury Monkey is an unknown quantity at this point

I think the part of Merriwa that Pauline is describing is Seagrove, which is ok. The rest of Merriwa I'd avoid. I certainly wouldn't send my kids to the school there. You'd be better looking at Quinns - although some areas there have a bad reputation (Norfolk estate). There was a programme on Tv the other night though where real estate agents tipped Quinns as one of the suburbs most likely to increase in value soon.

Depending on how much you have to spend on a house, also take a look at Butler or Kinross (good school). There is also a lot of land due to be released at Burns Beach - no prices out as yet though, if you fancy building.

MM
Old Apr 20th 2005, 1:04 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

It would be cheaper than Ocean Reef because it's quite a bit further away from the city??

Old Apr 20th 2005, 2:40 am
Breeding little aussies

movetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Nicky

we are based in the general Merriwa/Quinns area and as said there are some areas best avoided, from a school point of view the Quinns schools have probably the poorest reputation in the area (thats coming from someone who relief teaches at all the local schools). There are some lovely parts to both these suburbs and they both offer good value for money. As for being far from the city, you can get there in 35 mins and really you wont have to go there very often as you can do everything in Joondalup a 15 min drive away.

Have a look at the suburb profiles on www.movetoperth.com these will give you information on the suburbs and loads of pictures too and if you'd like more information just ask.

Lynn