British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Anyone living in Meve, Beeliar? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/anyone-living-meve-beeliar-634153/)

movin'on Oct 5th 2009 11:57 pm

Anyone living in Meve, Beeliar?

Went to look at some land packages at the weekend and it looks idyllic. Is it? Or too good to be true?

I mean ideally I want a federation style home in East Freo but hey...... budget and all that.

The purpose built living looks like they've taken everything into account but - houses are very close together, you don't know what the area will be like (ie what are the neighbours like!), but it seems like they are building a real sense of community ...

Any thoughts appreciated.
:)

Japonica Oct 6th 2009 1:36 am

Re: Anyone living in Meve, Beeliar?

We're renting here right now. It is one area we'd consider buying in.

For us, bonuses are that it is pretty central, close to hubby's work, close to Freo, close to Coogee Beach. There's a large Shopping Centre 5 minutes' drive away and there's quite a few schools in the area. There's a purpose built lake, large park etc. which I'm sure you've seen by the land sales office/community centre. I heard they are bringing some shops in around that area too.

Neighbors and neighborhood...seem fine so far. No problems. I see lots of people out taking care of their gardens, walking past on the footpaths. The other parents at the school have been friendly. It's pretty quiet too...no racing cars or anything, although I guess that's more if you live next to Beeliar Drive.

Good luck with what you decide.

movin'on Oct 6th 2009 4:58 am

Thanks, it sounds pretty much like I imagined.
Thanks
x

MaggersandJen Oct 6th 2009 6:23 am

Hey,

Ive been in Beeliar for a year now, just at the oval there. Its a nice place, its quiet, really quiet and you dont often hear the hoons at night...just occasionally.

Its 20 minutes into the center of freo, which i absolutely love but its at least 45 minutes by car into the CBD in rush hour, 20 mins by train but remember you have to drive to Cockburn station.

Things i dont like about it are, the distance from the CBD for work reasons, and the fact that i cant walk to a pub! its my biggest pet hate in WA and does nothing to discourage drink driving! Beeliar is no different.

The oval is great though, we have our dogs out there every morning and there is footy on a sunday if you are into it. We play 5 a side there on Tuesdays if you are interested!

There will also be an IGA there soon enough, which will be very handy but i recommend tony ales veggie shop on Beeliar drive on the way to cockburn...good veggies there!

Yeh, its close to Coogee so thats nice in summer. Its a good place to bring up a family in all fairness, its not too expensive but by no means cheap our house was 475k but in saying all this we are actually moving to melbourne!

Best of luck:thumbup: