Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone living in The Gap/Ashgrove, Brisbane

Anyone living in The Gap/Ashgrove, Brisbane

Old Jul 1st 2007, 11:33 am
Loving Brisbane !!

Southgate has much to be proud ofSouthgate has much to be proud ofSouthgate has much to be proud ofSouthgate has much to be proud ofSouthgate has much to be proud ofSouthgate has much to be proud ofSouthgate has much to be proud ofSouthgate has much to be proud ofSouthgate has much to be proud ofSouthgate has much to be proud ofSouthgate has much to be proud of
Default Anyone living in The Gap/Ashgrove, Brisbane

Hi all,

We are currently living in Brisbane CBD and are looking at areas to buy a house in a few months. There are so many places to choose from, we're looking at the pros and cons of each area, of which there is always loads of both!

We like The Gap and Ashgrove areas and wondered if anybody who lives in these areas could tell us what the drive to the CBD is like in the morning? (Before we drag ourselves out of bed extra early to check it out!)

Cheers,
Southgate
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 11:49 am
Forum Regular

Croweater has a spectacular aura aboutCroweater has a spectacular aura aboutCroweater has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Anyone living in The Gap/Ashgrove, Brisbane

I'd be interested in this aswell. The area looks nice. What's The Gap tavern like on a Saturday night.??????
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 12:04 pm
Forum Regular

Bonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to all

I'm in Clayflield, and The Gap, is about 3 miles from me.. but I can see into it.. as we speak.. lol

it takes me, 10 minutes, after 9am, to get into the city

just asked the OH, and he says, probably would take 15 to 30 mins in rush hour..

the roads are great though.. you'll be fine

hope this helps some
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 1:18 pm
Forum Regular

Amandabee is a glorious beacon of lightAmandabee is a glorious beacon of lightAmandabee is a glorious beacon of lightAmandabee is a glorious beacon of lightAmandabee is a glorious beacon of lightAmandabee is a glorious beacon of lightAmandabee is a glorious beacon of lightAmandabee is a glorious beacon of lightAmandabee is a glorious beacon of lightAmandabee is a glorious beacon of lightAmandabee is a glorious beacon of light

I used to live in Ashgrove before I moved to the states .... I miss my lovely house!

Anyway it is a great place to live. The drive to the CBD isn't all that great, its a sit back and slowly inch forward kind of drive. But the positives are its not far at all. There are some rat runs you can take, depending on where in the CBD you needed to get to. Most people I know around there either take the bus, or walk, or ride.

Its a nice leafy area, and one of the major bonuses is you can walk to paddo, the city etc if you really needed to. We used to do that for all rugby games, etc.

Let me know if you want any more info on the place.