Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone living in Christies Beach?

Anyone living in Christies Beach?

Old Jan 16th 2007, 7:11 am
Just a member

erinamanda is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone living in Christies Beach?

Hi, I've just had my visas granted and will be moving to Christies Beach, arriving on 13th Feb. I'm looking for information on this area. can anyone help?

Cheers Amanda
Old Jan 16th 2007, 8:09 am
Forum Regular

Location: Woodcroft, 25 kms south of Adelaide South Australia
wizzywozza is a jewel in the roughwizzywozza is a jewel in the roughwizzywozza is a jewel in the roughwizzywozza is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Anyone living in Christies Beach?

I've lived near the area for almost 16 years. It's tipped to be a boom area in the next few years as the infrastructure down south is upgraded. The local shopping mall - Colonnades - has just undergone a major multi million dollar expansion. I don't know much about schools there, but one of the old high schools is currently being turned into a technical college. The beach is nice, although there are better ones further south. Some parts of Christies and the surrounding suburbs do have something of a bad reputation, but as in all suburbs there is good and bad mixed in together.

Personally I think it would be a good area to buy a property in at the mo, as anything beachside, or nearby, is really going up in value and a lot of older properties are being demolished and huge new ones built on the blocks.

Have you looked in on AdelaideBrits website? There are a lot of people on there who live around the Christies, Noarlunga, Seaford area and have heaps of info they can share with you.

Sharon
Old Jan 16th 2007, 5:25 pm
Just a member

erinamanda is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone living in Christies Beach?

Cheers for that Sharon, I feel i bit more confident about going now