Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone living in Beenleigh / Eagleby areas?

Anyone living in Beenleigh / Eagleby areas?

Old May 20th 2006, 10:31 am
Brisbane here we come!

myedsore will become famous soon enoughmyedsore will become famous soon enough
Default Anyone living in Beenleigh / Eagleby areas?

Hi all
I've been trawling the real estate sites and it would seem you can get an equivalent property in Beenleigh / Eaglesby for a shed load less than further south in the Gold Coast. Now obviously this has to be for a reason. Is the area a dump or unsafe at all (security wise I mean). My uncle and aunt are over here at the moment from Robina and they said that the houses there do not increase in value while the rest of the region does.
I would like to hear from people living in those areas as to whether it is a nice place to live. The houses I have looked at on realestate.co.au all look spectacular all be it perhaps the neighbours are all potheads / rapists. Is this really the case?
We also like the look of Mount Warren Park. We want somewhere that is closer to Brisbane as I feel my work may take me there (Mechanical Design Engineer) however we want to remain in an fairly decent range of the beach (1/2 hour or so). I would rather have more house for less money as we will be spending rest of our lives in it (hopefully). look forward to your replies.
Cheers
Mark
Old May 20th 2006, 10:54 am
BE Forum Addict

lesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone living in Beenleigh / Eagleby areas?

Beenleigh and Eaglby are not pretty. There is graffiti (obvious) and crime (local paper says so, http://www.questnews.com.au/albert_logan.html). Just to the south of Beenleigh is more mixed-- generally improving as you head south. I know a teacher who said her 6 months at Windaroo school were the worst in her life. Robina is attractive and in a different class. Just my opinion of course.
Old May 20th 2006, 11:00 am
Forum Regular

patmoss is on a distinguished road

There is no substitute for renting for 6 - 12 months to allow you to get a feeling for good and bad suburbs. We've been here for 11 months and have just signed a contract to build a house in the bayside suburbs. Take your time and look about before choosing your area. I've heard one or two bad reports about Eagleby so choose wisely!!

Mr P
Old May 20th 2006, 11:04 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by myedsore
Hi all
I've been trawling the real estate sites and it would seem you can get an equivalent property in Beenleigh / Eaglesby for a shed load less than further south in the Gold Coast. Now obviously this has to be for a reason. Is the area a dump or unsafe at all (security wise I mean). My uncle and aunt are over here at the moment from Robina and they said that the houses there do not increase in value while the rest of the region does.
I would like to hear from people living in those areas as to whether it is a nice place to live. The houses I have looked at on realestate.co.au all look spectacular all be it perhaps the neighbours are all potheads / rapists. Is this really the case?
We also like the look of Mount Warren Park. We want somewhere that is closer to Brisbane as I feel my work may take me there (Mechanical Design Engineer) however we want to remain in an fairly decent range of the beach (1/2 hour or so). I would rather have more house for less money as we will be spending rest of our lives in it (hopefully). look forward to your replies.
Cheers
Mark
Maybe its because they're not on the Gold Coast.

Seriously though Mt Warren Park is the better part of the area, that is better houses and type of residents than Beenleigh and Eaglby. If you want somewhere near the coast but with access to Brisbane maybe you could try Coomera/Upper Coomera/Ormeau.
Old May 20th 2006, 11:06 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lesleys
Beenleigh and Eaglby are not pretty. There is graffiti (obvious) and crime (local paper says so, http://www.questnews.com.au/albert_logan.html).
But then again that could be the same anywhere, e.g. the Kingston area is alot worse.
Old May 20th 2006, 11:29 am
Account Closed

phoenixinoz is an unknown quantity at this point

I used to work in Eagleby /Beenleigh and the people were lovely. They were piss pot poor and would give you the shirt off their backs

There are lots of housing association houses and also a large aboriginal community. To their credit, there is a real community feel and they all work to improve their areas reputation. They recently redeveloped a wetlands area and have initiated various projects to dispel the bad publicity the areas have received in the past.

In the time I worked there [5 months] there were two highly publicised suicides in Eagleby and a row of shops got burned down by arsonists. These areas are classed as lower socio economic areas and there is supposed to be a high crime rate, however I have no stats to back this up [go to Goodle and check if you want specific info ] and I personally never saw any crime, but it was daytime.

I know an estate agent who owns her own business there [been there over 10 years] and it is predicted that in time the house prices in these areas will raise due to their proximity to Brisbane and the Gold Coast [about 30 -45 mins each way]. There are moves to improve transport infrastructure and with this hopefully there will be less unemployment, thus less crime.

Take a look round when you get here cos no place is perfect. I have a friend who I met through working there, who lives in Eagleby. She originally lived in the Bayside and she loves it in Eagleby. She has a lovely house, lovely neighbours and her kids are well brought up.

One mans meat is another mans poison....

Good luck
Old May 20th 2006, 11:48 am
Canberra bound

killamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond repute

MY young years were spent in Marsden, Kingston and Woodridge. I used to go to Beenleigh for Little Athletics.

DONT DO IT YOU ARE A MARTAR IF YOU DO. You get what you pay for . DON'T DO IT. I spoke to my dad in enogerra brisbane this morning about it and he says it is just the same and not that wonderful.
Old May 21st 2006, 9:45 am
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Mark,
I have family living in both Mount Warren Park and Beenleigh, and we will be staying with them when we move over in August.
We stayed in MWP 2 years ago while on holiday, and loved it there. It has a nice feel to it, and was really friendly. There was no noise at night which was good and peaceful during the day, although it was term time so kids were at school. There is a small shopping centre there including a supermarket, bottle shop, newsagents, bakers, hairdressers, restaurant (Thai, I think), and a bowling alley.
There is a very good golf course (not that I know anything about golf!) and an RSL club which does very good food.
Not sure if you've got kids or not, but there is MWP Primary which my cousins twins (aged 7) go to, and they love it there. The nearest high schools are Windaroo Valley High and Beenleigh High. My younger two aged 16 and 14 will go to either of them. Not sure which though yet.
Next door to MWP is Windaroo. Again they've got a fab golf course and a small shopping centre. I personally think we will end up living here. I rewally like it. Very suburban but seemed very family orientated as is MWP.
Both these towns are about 40 mins from both Surfers Paradise and Brisbane CBD, and about 20 mins from theme parks etc.
Have a look at this thread posted a few months ago. There's loads of info about MWP, Beenleigh and other suburbs close by:-

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...nt+Warren+Park

We were told by family that Eagleby wasn't the nicest area to live in, although that was only their opinion. We'll have a look ourselves when we get out there.

If you need any specific help, please pm me and I'll ask my family over there for you.

Julie. x