Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone lived in NZ?

Anyone lived in NZ?

Old Jun 18th 2010, 9:09 am
Living on the Gold Coast

Spellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Anyone lived in NZ?

Originally Posted by zebbedy
Hi EmmaKate

Which reminds me.......are Bisto Gravy Granuals available in Aussie

Thanks and good luck.
No sorry - its the one thing we miss the most and anyone coming from the UK HAS to bring some with them. Bisto Best - mmm!

Having said that - there are a few more UK foods available in the general Aussie supermarkets that you couldn't get in NZ, so that was another plus. I forget which ones but remember being very excited to see them again after being away from the UK for the four years we had in NZ. (I think Doritos was one)
Old Jun 18th 2010, 10:25 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Anyone lived in NZ?

Originally Posted by Spellbound
No sorry - its the one thing we miss the most and anyone coming from the UK HAS to bring some with them. Bisto Best - mmm!)
Bisto is available in Melbourne - it is called Greens as far as I remember - same thing.

BB
Old Jun 18th 2010, 10:36 am
Just Joined

zebbedy is an unknown quantity at this point

Melbourne it is then Hope they are in Granual form. We are used to NZ food now and have forgotten the taste of some of the things we originally missed. Saying that we do have: PG Tips, Branston Pickle, HP Sauce and Chocolate Hob Nobs.

I cant wait to come over for a holiday. It will be SO interesting even going around the supermarket hahahaha.
Old Jun 18th 2010, 10:42 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

I cant wait to come over for a holiday. It will be SO interesting even going around the supermarket hahahaha.
I remember when I had lived in NZ for a year I briefly had to fly to Brisbane for about a week. It felt like I had left the third world and returned to the Western world. They had roads with 2 lanes! They had shopping malls! There were people on the streets! The cars were new!

It was quite an eye-opener and also amazing how quickly you forget.

BB
Old Jun 18th 2010, 11:32 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Hey JAJ,

I thought we had sorted this out. This thread is about comparing life in NZ to Aussie. As you can see from the replies, most people get the idea.

"Has anyone made the move from NZ to Australia and if so what do you think? Where did you move to and why?"

Skilled occupations, ENS, skill assessments, 444, 461, 457 and 1234567 should perhaps belong to another thread.

I'm sure it's all good information. Just not what I'm looking for.

Then don't read it ...
Old Jun 18th 2010, 8:49 pm
Just Joined

JAJ. I've just done a quick check on "Moderators". The first thing I came up with is:

"To become a Moderator one must be helpful and respectful to other members".

Could you respect my request to keep this thread around the question I first asked? If not, I'll just pass it further up the chain. Cheers
Old Jun 18th 2010, 8:56 pm
Victorian Evangelist

JAJ. I've just done a quick check on "Moderators". The first thing I came up with is:

"To become a Moderator one must be helpful and respectful to other members".

Could you respect my request to keep this thread around the question I first asked? If not, I'll just pass it further up the chain. Cheers
Zebbedy mate, one thing I have learned through all my years on BE is that it is not up to the person who starts a thread as to what replies they get.

JAJ's statement may have been a bit terse but the meaning was correct! If you don't like the replies you get - don't read them!

BB
Old Jun 18th 2010, 9:57 pm
Just Joined

EmmaKate is an unknown quantity at this point

There are a couple of British shops in Auckland which sell gravy granules, hobnobs, pickle and HP Sauce! THey've just started importing alcohol too. One of the supermarkets also sells branston! ONe of the websites is

http://www.theenglishcornershop.co.nz/

and I think they do deliveries!

Off original topic but a bit of fun if you want to reminisce and stock up on sweets and crisps! Hula Hoops, Skips, Fruit pastilles and Cheddars are my faves!

I'll leave that topic for another thread though!
Old Jun 19th 2010, 12:20 am
Just Joined

hahaha, this is SO entertaining. Far more so than the England Algeria game earlier today.

Perhaps you've come up with a new idea for the forum Buzzy.

Why not do away with threads? Everyone posts what they like on one thread. Then, when you do a search for something that is of interest to you, it will only search that one thread. Everyone can write what they like about what they like. As you said, if you dont like it dont read it. This would do away with "Moderators" all together as there wouldn't be a purpose for them.

I'm not sure how you would know if you wanted to read it before actually reading it? A bit like saying you dont like the taste of Marmite without tasting it. How about once you have read something that has no relation to what you are looking for, you just take note of that persons name. Then, when you see it again somewhere, you just skip to the next paragraph of comments?

On a totally different note:

EmmaKate,

Countdown does PG tips, Hob nobs and branston as does Pac n Save down here. There are a few English shops but i'm still looking for Walkers and Monster Munch in the Big Stores

I'll unsubscribe to the "Thread" now. Thanks to all for your comments especially JAJ and Buzzy who obviously liked the subject as much as me because they kept on reading too