Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone live in Wahroonga??

Anyone live in Wahroonga??

Old Jul 18th 2006, 12:53 am
Forum Regular

liverpool girl is a name known to allliverpool girl is a name known to allliverpool girl is a name known to allliverpool girl is a name known to allliverpool girl is a name known to allliverpool girl is a name known to allliverpool girl is a name known to allliverpool girl is a name known to allliverpool girl is a name known to allliverpool girl is a name known to allliverpool girl is a name known to all
Question Anyone live in Wahroonga??

Hi everyone
We have been in Sydney for just over a month now and are loving it. I will do a proper update when I have more time and internet connection at home but I was wondering if anyone lived in Wahroonga - north Sydney. We live in North Wahroonga and our daughter has just started at the Bush School today.
Cheers
Old Jul 18th 2006, 2:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: UK 2 Singapore 2 Sydney 2 Brisbane.....here to stay!
Rudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone live in Wahroonga??

Originally Posted by liverpool girl
Hi everyone
We have been in Sydney for just over a month now and are loving it. I will do a proper update when I have more time and internet connection at home but I was wondering if anyone lived in Wahroonga - north Sydney. We live in North Wahroonga and our daughter has just started at the Bush School today.
Cheers

Hi Liverpool Girl

We live about 20 mins from there in Glenhaven. If you fancy getting together for a coffee and chat sometime then send me a PM.....AND/OR you could join the first week of the month club!! It's only been going a couple of months. If you look in the meetups bit and look for the Sydney meet up thingy then that will have the details. Next one is the 1st August.

Take care

Rudi
Old Jul 18th 2006, 3:17 am
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone
Cheers
Hi Liverpool girl

Welcome to Sydney - I hope you are settling in ok. Like Rudi said, a small crowd of us have been getting together on the First Tuesday of the month (FTC - First Tuesday Club!). See the thread - "Any ladies free on Tuesday - Sydney". We are next due to meet on 1st August so if you are free come along for a coffee and a natter. Only thing is, we don't have a venue yet! So, if you can suggest somewhere let us know!

Hopefully meet you soon.

Binbird
Old Jul 28th 2006, 12:56 pm
Just Joined

rich4efc will become famous soon enough

Hi

I live in cherrybrook so am only 10 mins away, also from liverpool too, well Rainhill to be exact. We have been here for about 9 months now. Let me know if you fancy meeting up.

Jackie
Old Jul 30th 2006, 7:13 pm
Forum Regular

andyspud is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Anyone live in Wahroonga??

Hi everyone
Cheers
Hi Liverpool girl

I'm moving to turramurra in a couple of weeks, and was hoping that my boys could go to the bush school too, it looks fab on the website but i dont think we are going to be within the catchment area. I too would love to meet up when i get settled. I've got to do some research on the local schools when i get there and therefore dont think the boys will start school until after the september holidays. but keep me posted on meet ups
Old Jul 31st 2006, 2:56 am
Forum Regular

liverpool girl is a name known to allliverpool girl is a name known to allliverpool girl is a name known to allliverpool girl is a name known to allliverpool girl is a name known to allliverpool girl is a name known to allliverpool girl is a name known to allliverpool girl is a name known to allliverpool girl is a name known to allliverpool girl is a name known to allliverpool girl is a name known to all

Originally Posted by andyspud
Hi Liverpool girl

I'm moving to turramurra in a couple of weeks, and was hoping that my boys could go to the bush school too, it looks fab on the website but i dont think we are going to be within the catchment area. I too would love to meet up when i get settled. I've got to do some research on the local schools when i get there and therefore dont think the boys will start school until after the september holidays. but keep me posted on meet ups
Hiyah,
Bush school is great and my daughter loves it and comes out smiling every day. However we looked at lots of other schools in the area as well and liked Pymble public, st ives, st ives park (very small and cosy). In the end it came down to where we could get a decent rental and so the Bush school it was. Anyway, hope your move goes well and perhaps we can meet up when you get here.
Old Jul 31st 2006, 7:46 am
Forum Regular

andyspud is an unknown quantity at this point

Hiyah,
Bush school is great and my daughter loves it and comes out smiling every day. However we looked at lots of other schools in the area as well and liked Pymble public, st ives, st ives park (very small and cosy). In the end it came down to where we could get a decent rental and so the Bush school it was. Anyway, hope your move goes well and perhaps we can meet up when you get here.

Hiya

St Ives park also looked lovely but again i think it may by too far out. i'm going to have to walk for a while until we are settled. Warrawee Primary is just round the corner from our rental so I'll look at that and if we can get a car i will look further a field. Hubby is going to work on train, a car is low on our priority list at the moment. This has been quite a rushed move. Hubby got asked if he wanted to transfer offices(London-Sydney) visa went through and he was gone. He's been there 4 weeks now and I'm counting down the days.

Anyway look forward to meeting you
Old Jul 31st 2006, 11:07 am
Sydney- North Shore

jjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by rich4efc
Hi

I live in cherrybrook so am only 10 mins away, also from liverpool too, well Rainhill to be exact. We have been here for about 9 months now. Let me know if you fancy meeting up.

Jackie
hi live in Cherrybrook too, but have been here longer, about 3.5 years now. New lad started at work, he's an evertonian and moving to Wahroonga with wife and 2 kids next week... perhaps i should put you in touch...???
Old Jul 31st 2006, 11:43 am
Just Joined

rich4efc will become famous soon enough

Yes, please do, that would be great, would love to get in touch with any brits (especially blues) in the area. look forward to it. ta