anyone live near emerald

Old Jul 4th 2008, 8:30 pm
Just Joined

rrhysevans is an unknown quantity at this point
Default anyone live near emerald

let me know, we will be there soon!
Old Jul 5th 2008, 12:44 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: anyone live near emerald

Originally Posted by rrhysevans
Wow, that'll be a bit different from Wiltshire! Don't remember seeing anyone posting from out that way, and I would've thought they'd have been commenting after the flooding out there earlier this year, but you never know......
Old Jul 5th 2008, 10:41 am
Just Joined

claire doyle is an unknown quantity at this point

Yep was living in Blackwater but i escaped! My second son was born in Emerald its a lOT better than Blackwater. Cinema Pool shops etc and you can always go fossiking for rubies (got a ring with a stone from Rubyvale!) Not to many Brits around there when i was there ... going to the mines?
Old Jul 5th 2008, 6:04 pm
Forum Regular

MORCPOM1 has a spectacular aura aboutMORCPOM1 has a spectacular aura aboutMORCPOM1 has a spectacular aura about

What brings you to Emerald? I am orginally from Clermont just over 1 hour away. Been in UK for just over 11 years hoping to go home sometime soon. Family still live around that area. We are heading for Townsville but will be travelling back that way to see family. Might meet you for a beer or two, or three what the hell a carton when we eventually get there.
Old Jul 6th 2008, 6:59 am
Just Joined

rrhysevans is an unknown quantity at this point

Im gonna be working Oaky North Mine, whats the place like?
Old Jul 6th 2008, 10:17 am
BE Forum Addict

WelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to behold

Wheres Emerald?

The lakes are near me but......
Old Jul 6th 2008, 10:50 am
Just Joined

claire doyle is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by justsarah
Wheres Emerald?

The lakes are near me but......
Emerald is about a 3 hr drive west of Rockhampton in Queensland. Rockhampton is sort of in between Cairns and Brisbane.
Old Jul 6th 2008, 12:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

WelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by claire doyle
Emerald is about a 3 hr drive west of Rockhampton in Queensland. Rockhampton is sort of in between Cairns and Brisbane.

Thanks!! NOWHERE near me then!!!
Old Jul 6th 2008, 2:41 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by justsarah
Thanks!! NOWHERE near me then!!!
Nowhere near most places 883 km (549 mi) NW of Brisbane.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emerald,_Queensland
Old Jul 6th 2008, 10:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thats a proper Welsh name there Rhys!!!
Old Jul 8th 2008, 9:53 am
Forum Regular

MORCPOM1 has a spectacular aura aboutMORCPOM1 has a spectacular aura aboutMORCPOM1 has a spectacular aura about

Hi Rrhysevans
Well how to describe Emerald, its better than Clermont! Its a country town has a few more shops than Clermont, but is expensive especially property. My brother works in the mines in Dysart he has a young family and manages well. Most of my family have at some time worked in the mines. The pay is fantastic and they tend to invest there money in property. There is a small airport in Emerald so you could always go elsewhere on your days off. When do you hope to arrive in Emerald??
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 7:56 am
Forum Regular

mcgilli has a brilliant futuremcgilli has a brilliant futuremcgilli has a brilliant futuremcgilli has a brilliant futuremcgilli has a brilliant futuremcgilli has a brilliant futuremcgilli has a brilliant future

Hi there 'hope you arrived safely hell of a journey isnt it! My son husband and me moved to Rockhampton in November, we are about three hours from you.Would be happy to meet up with others for a beer barbie or chat. How are you finding the weather,? in Rockhampton it gets really hot and humid.but beats the UK cold any day
Lesley
Old Dec 23rd 2008, 6:15 am
live free or die

welshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond repute

Rhys

Not to sound horrible, but you have heard the current mining conditions? Lots of lay offs, and I believe Oaky was one of them. I'm having a drink with our neighbour who works there tonight i'll find out the latest.

Nice to hear someone going somewhere different though....if you drive to Bris, or generaly south you'll pass us so please stop in and say hi! We're only 6 hrs south of Emerald.

Emerald has a very nice restaurant called the Capricornian (our waitresses mother was from Bridgend!) It'll be a shell shocker in the beginning but at least it's fairly populated so you'll meet lots of people.

If I can help let me know
Old Dec 23rd 2008, 2:01 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by welshviking
We're only 6 hrs south of Emerald.
A short drive by Qld standards
Old Dec 27th 2008, 4:13 am
live free or die

welshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond repute

OK I chatted with the neighbour and it's only the iron oremines that are suffering, so you'll be right.

He also gave me two "Mining Monthly" Magazines that they're given in work, if you pm me your address they're yours.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.