Reload this Page >

Anyone live near Byron Bay?

Anyone live near Byron Bay?

Old Jan 14th 2007, 10:12 pm
Just Joined

trebor1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone live near Byron Bay?

Hi,

I'm coming voer to live near the Byron Bay area for a min 6-months - Anyone else out there that I could get some advice/support from?

Thanks
Old Jan 14th 2007, 10:20 pm
Forum Regular

coggerocks2 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Anyone live near Byron Bay?

Don't live there but visited many times...Its a VERY pretty area but Byron itself can get touristy/backpaker'y but I still prefer it to the more built up areas with tower blocks further up the coast.

You should probably say exactly where.. for example if you said Nimbin people could tell you about the weed.
Old Jan 14th 2007, 10:23 pm
Just Joined

trebor1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by coggerocks2
Don't live there but visited many times...Its a VERY pretty area but Byron itself can get touristy/backpaker'y but I still prefer it to the more built up areas with tower blocks further up the coast.

You should probably say exactly where.. for example if you said Nimbin people could tell you about the weed.
I'm actually looking at Ocean Shores which is about 15mins north of Byron (its got a great golf course there)

PS - Done the Nimbin thing looks like the weed has now been replaced with harder stuff!
Old Jan 14th 2007, 10:28 pm
Forum Regular

coggerocks2 will become famous soon enough

Was there a few weeks ago and there was a bit more of a police presence then used to be..e.g. I saw some! There was still weed around - not for me though I have grown out of that!

Ocean Shores - great golf course! if golfs your thing your sorted!
Old Jan 14th 2007, 11:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

sassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by trebor1
I'm actually looking at Ocean Shores which is about 15mins north of Byron (its got a great golf course there)

PS - Done the Nimbin thing looks like the weed has now been replaced with harder stuff!
Hi, I grew up in Ocean Shores. Lived there for 18 years. At the time, we loved it, mum and dad were into golf and bowls, so they were in their element, having the country club right on their door step. When we first moved there, our house was one of 6 on the entire estate, but quite a different story now. We go back and visit from time to time, and in our opinion, it has really gone downhill, as far as maintenance, upkeep, etc goes, although it has been 2 years since I’ve been back, so it might have improved since then, and the country club itself, although I believe it is supposed to be one of the best golf courses in the country, the actually club house itself, is not that appealing, with its bright gordy colours. But each to his own I guess.