Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

anyone live in Geelong area?

anyone live in Geelong area?

Old Jul 1st 2007, 2:05 am
Forum Regular

bushy has a spectacular aura aboutbushy has a spectacular aura aboutbushy has a spectacular aura about
Question anyone live in Geelong area?

We're looking to buy a house in Victoria and are flying over from WA next week to look at some properties.I want to look at living on the Mornington Peninsula but my hubby is interested in the Geelong area as he visited there a couple of years ago and loved it. I've done a search on here but can't seem to find anyone who lives there!!
Geelong itself looks OK,lots of stuff to do but what are the suburbs like? Hubby has seen a house he likes in Wandana Heights but that's the only one we've seen after looking on Real Estate.com for the last 3 months! I actually think it's horrible but he is determined to try and change my mind!!
Any info on Geelong would be most helpful!!
Old Jul 1st 2007, 7:17 am
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: anyone live in Geelong area?

Originally Posted by bushy
We're looking to buy a house in Victoria and are flying over from WA next week to look at some properties.I want to look at living on the Mornington Peninsula but my hubby is interested in the Geelong area as he visited there a couple of years ago and loved it. I've done a search on here but can't seem to find anyone who lives there!!
Geelong itself looks OK,lots of stuff to do but what are the suburbs like? Hubby has seen a house he likes in Wandana Heights but that's the only one we've seen after looking on Real Estate.com for the last 3 months! I actually think it's horrible but he is determined to try and change my mind!!
http://z7.invisionfree.com/BritVics/...showtopic=4222

Try the local website for brits in victoria

Dont live in Geelong myself but mad supporter of the cats (Geelong) who happend to be the top of the AFL at the moment
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 12:44 am
Just Joined

cazzy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

We have been in Geelong for 18 months this week! Live in Highton just down the road from Wandana Heights if you need any info just ask.

Cazzy
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 1:12 am
Forum Regular

bushy has a spectacular aura aboutbushy has a spectacular aura aboutbushy has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by cazzy
Hi

We have been in Geelong for 18 months this week! Live in Highton just down the road from Wandana Heights if you need any info just ask.

Cazzy
Thanks Cazzy,I've looked at a couple of houses in Highton but can't really seem to find any there or in the area that I'd like to look at,don't really know why!! I think maybe I've got it in my head that I'd rather buy on the eastern side but there's no reason for this as I've never been to Melbourne at all!
We're flying over next Wednesday so we'll visit both sides and try and come to a decision!
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 1:34 am
Hants to Mel Aug 05

Lindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to all

I think there is a post of Britvics for you with regards to this started up by The Bears! As said you really need to get here and see for yourself. Just because someone likes an area doesn't mean to say you will!!! It does depend on how far from the city you want to be and what you are looking for in an area. There are a lot of other suburbs that may fit your criteria as well. A good drive around will help you decide and get a feel for the place. Good luck.
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 4:41 am
Just Joined

cazzy is an unknown quantity at this point

Some areas of Wandana Heights are pretty new, and there are some fantastic houses! Lots of fabulous views over to Melbourne and the coast. It is quite hilly. We have friends who live in Wandana Heights. We are renting in Highton and will be looking to move out of this area and have some more space around us when we get round to buying our own house. Like I said if you need any help just ask. Good luck with house hunting next week. Have answered the post on britvics that was put there from 'the bears'.
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 9:47 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Watch out for the new Geelong Ring Road that will be cutting across the back of Wandana Heights through the Barrabool Hills - some of the houses in Wandana Drive and James Cook Drive are to be avoided ...

Best regards.
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 4:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

I'm from Geelong, from between Leopold and Wallington to be exact, on the Bellarine Peninular.

The Geelong region has a lot to offer within 30-45 mins of the centre of town... You could live in the centre of Geelong, coastal (Ocean Grove/Barwon Heads/Torquay etc), rural-ish (Teesdale), almost rural but 5 minutes from Highton (Bannockburn), other coastal (Port Arlington, "historic" Queenscliff)....it would depend on work location and what you want out of your new home/community.

I used to think that I'd want to move back, but the weather is not predictable enough for me. Good luck, and feel free to PM me
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 10:59 pm
Just Joined

lynn59 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: anyone live in Geelong area?

hi i moved from manchester 5 months ago and have moved to geelong, a place called grovedale. geelong is a nice place, the schools are very gd my son goes to oberon high and has realy settled, the people are so friendly, the beaches are fab if u need anymore imfo please contact me good luck lynn
Old Jul 4th 2007, 12:33 am
Just Joined

tigerrav is a name known to alltigerrav is a name known to alltigerrav is a name known to alltigerrav is a name known to alltigerrav is a name known to alltigerrav is a name known to alltigerrav is a name known to alltigerrav is a name known to alltigerrav is a name known to alltigerrav is a name known to alltigerrav is a name known to all

Hi bushy i live in torquay which is only about 20 mins from wandana heights come and have a look i think you'll like, especially if you like coastel living.
Old Jul 4th 2007, 12:42 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by lynn59
hi i moved from manchester 5 months ago and have moved to geelong, a place called grovedale. geelong is a nice place, the schools are very gd my son goes to oberon high and has realy settled, the people are so friendly, the beaches are fab if u need anymore imfo please contact me good luck lynn
Hi Lynn,
We've only been here for 6 months and came from Chester,not too far from Manchester! We'll probably drive down to Geelong next week and have a look around to see what we think. Hubby did some work there a couple of years ago and really liked Geelong itself and did the Ocean Rd drive which he thought was fantastic! I'll have another look on Real Esate.com and see if we can find any more houses to view while we're there.
Denise.
Old Jul 4th 2007, 12:44 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Let me know if you'd like me to send the Real Estate supplement from today's Geelong Advertiser to you in the post ...

Best regards.
Old Jul 4th 2007, 12:53 am
Just Joined

tigerrav is a name known to alltigerrav is a name known to alltigerrav is a name known to alltigerrav is a name known to alltigerrav is a name known to alltigerrav is a name known to alltigerrav is a name known to alltigerrav is a name known to alltigerrav is a name known to alltigerrav is a name known to alltigerrav is a name known to all

Originally Posted by lynn59
hi lynn59 my daughter goes to oberon shes in yr 9 what yrs ur son in?
Old Jul 4th 2007, 12:56 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Alan Collett
Let me know if you'd like me to send the Real Estate supplement from today's Geelong Advertiser to you in the post ...

Best regards.
Alan,that would be great! Our address is; 26,Nickol Rd,Karratha,WA 6714.
Thanks very much,Denise.
Old Jul 4th 2007, 1:04 am
Just Joined

lynn59 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Lynn,
We've only been here for 6 months and came from Chester,not too far from Manchester! We'll probably drive down to Geelong next week and have a look around to see what we think. Hubby did some work there a couple of years ago and really liked Geelong itself and did the Ocean Rd drive which he thought was fantastic! I'll have another look on Real Esate.com and see if we can find any more houses to view while we're there.
Denise.
well gd luck let me know how you get on.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.