British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   anyone leaving from the southwest (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/anyone-leaving-southwest-117058/)

liz and mark Nov 12th 2002 6:27 pm

anyone leaving from the southwest

is there anyone out there from the the south west trying to go to australia. we are from Taunton, we being liz and mark and 2 kids ages 13 and 6. we are hopefully heading for Brisbane. we are just about to send medicals and police checks to australia house London. Hopefully we shall be told one way or another soon anyone have any idea's on how long that will take? :rolleyes:

sue5665 Nov 13th 2002 8:40 am

Hi Liz,
My name is Sue 37, hubby Dave 43 & two boys 10 & 9 we live in St Austell, Cornwall (5 minute's from the Eden Project) and have got our visa's and are ready to go as soon as our house is sold. We intended to go to Adelaide.
Dave & I have just got back from Oz, we went with Channel 4 to film 'A PLACE IN THE SUN' they took us to a place called Woolgoolga it is 300km from Brisbane & 400 kms from Sydney (15 minutes from Coff's Harbour which was voted the most liveable city in the world), it is beautiful I am now looking into job's e.t.c around this area as we may go there instead.
We first applied to emirgrate 7 years ago Dave made his 1st entry but I didn't anyway, father-in-law got ill and family commitments e.t.c so we never got there.
We went to OZ last xmas and that did it, I felt that it is now the right time to go and wished we went over 7 years ago. So because Dave extended his visa he has sponsered me and the kids.
Sue

kango_jack Nov 13th 2002 12:25 pm

We are also moving from the south west (ish) well Poole in Dorset.
Pauls sister moved to Brisbane (Wellington Point) 2 years ago and we are hoping to move to the same sort of area.
We have many reasons for going not least of all for the opporunities we can give our son Jack, 17 months.
We applied via the Skilled Independant route in mid February and sent our medicals in mid June - but haven't heard a thing since. We are really hoping to go out in January although we are really unsure if the visa will be granted by then.
In your post you say you are sending the medicals to London - is this where you originally applied as I thought they are all moving to Adelaide?
Anyway good luck with everything
Annie

footie chick Nov 13th 2002 1:34 pm

Other side

Hi

Not from the South West but from the South East, Eastbourne to be precise. Just wanting to wish you all the best with your plans for immigration.

Footie Chick

Santa Nov 13th 2002 2:05 pm

Live near Templecombe Somerset, we're going to Perth early 2003, we are not going for a PR Visa just yet, thought it best to see if we like it first. We have three young children, if they have a good time and enjoy school, I think we will stay, if not, we'll be back here and that will be that. Good luck to you.

liz and mark Nov 13th 2002 7:43 pm

[QUOTE][SIZE=1]Originally posted by kango_jack
We are also moving from the south west (ish) well Poole in Dorset.

hi we applied feb 15 2000 in London and we were asked for medicals and police checks in september. had both done. said we would get married before we left so were told not to send any of the papers until we had our marriage cert, we got married saturday so now have our cert and we shall be sending all papers to london next week. when we had our medicals the doctor informed us that due to my son (13) being on the waiting list to have his tonsils removed we would not be issued visas until he has had the op.this looks like the op may be jan 2003. we would very much like to leave may 03 so we may climatise a bit better but this may hold us up.
any thoughts?
good luck to you :)

hollywood110 Nov 13th 2002 8:16 pm

Re: anyone leaving from the southwest

Originally posted by liz and mark
is there anyone out there from the the south west trying to go to australia. we are from Taunton, we being liz and mark and 2 kids ages 13 and 6. we are hopefully heading for Brisbane. we are just about to send medicals and police checks to australia house London. Hopefully we shall be told one way or another soon anyone have any idea's on how long that will take? :rolleyes:

We are also ready to send our medicals but as our application has gone to Adelaide We will send them there. London are opening mail from Early September, I should phone and check where to send them to if I was You, might save you some delays.

Sharon x