Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

anyone know what these areas are like

anyone know what these areas are like

Old Jan 22nd 2008, 1:54 pm
Beach Bum

Location: living it large on the beautiful Mornington Penninsula
paul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud of
Default anyone know what these areas are like

Hi all I've just got back from a months hol/reccie and was wondering if anyone had any advise on these areas in Vic. I was staying with my sis in mornington (unfortunately doubt I could afford it there) so was looking at either Frankston, Seaford, Tyabb, Dromana or rye and was wondering if anyone knew what the areas were like.
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 5:02 pm
Forum Regular

flapsterhp has a brilliant futureflapsterhp has a brilliant futureflapsterhp has a brilliant futureflapsterhp has a brilliant futureflapsterhp has a brilliant futureflapsterhp has a brilliant futureflapsterhp has a brilliant future
Default Re: anyone know what these areas are like

Originally Posted by paul30
Hi all I've just got back from a months hol/reccie and was wondering if anyone had any advise on these areas in Vic. I was staying with my sis in mornington (unfortunately doubt I could afford it there) so was looking at either Frankston, Seaford, Tyabb, Dromana or rye and was wondering if anyone knew what the areas were like.
Don't know about Dromana or Rye, but I have family in Seaford and have been there several times. We were going to move there this year but through one thing and another we have opted for Adelaide. Going back to your question I loved Seaford and Frankston. Frankston is a great town with everything there you need, right on the beach plenty to do. I would recommend it and my uncle has lived in Seaford for 30 years and wouldn't move anywhere else. Hope this is of some help to you, Andy
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 7:06 pm
Beach Bum

paul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by flapsterhp
Don't know about Dromana or Rye, but I have family in Seaford and have been there several times. We were going to move there this year but through one thing and another we have opted for Adelaide. Going back to your question I loved Seaford and Frankston. Frankston is a great town with everything there you need, right on the beach plenty to do. I would recommend it and my uncle has lived in Seaford for 30 years and wouldn't move anywhere else. Hope this is of some help to you, Andy
Thanks I liked Frankston when I went there. don't suppose you know the best areas (I've heard south frankstons a bit pricey) but heard north frankston's not a good area even though it looked ok thats why I thought of seaford as it's the next place up.
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 7:29 pm
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks I liked Frankston when I went there. don't suppose you know the best areas (I've heard south frankstons a bit pricey) but heard north frankston's not a good area even though it looked ok thats why I thought of seaford as it's the next place up.
Paul

We are building a development (small) in Seaford and its definitely worth looking into. Although you would need to be quick because prices are rising, especially with in the upcoming East Link (July 08). Alot of locals are holding off selling their homes now until Sept (traditionally when most homes come on the market after Grand Final). This means there is very little stock around and what is around is often snapped up by developers.

Over the past 18 months the demographics have begun to change and iniatives by the council (ie 1800 report a Hoon) have reduced the stigma of bygone years.

With all areas there are good and bad parts - the closer to the sea the higher the price (reflecting the area).

Also consider Langwarrin (ask Buzzy Bee) or Karingal.

Shane
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 7:35 pm
Beach Bum

Originally Posted by Geelong Gent
Paul

We are building a development (small) in Seaford and its definitely worth looking into. Although you would need to be quick because prices are rising, especially with in the upcoming East Link (July 08). Alot of locals are holding off selling their homes now until Sept (traditionally when most homes come on the market after Grand Final). This means there is very little stock around and what is around is often snapped up by developers.

Over the past 18 months the demographics have begun to change and iniatives by the council (ie 1800 report a Hoon) have reduced the stigma of bygone years.

With all areas there are good and bad parts - the closer to the sea the higher the price (reflecting the area).

Also consider Langwarrin (ask Buzzy Bee) or Karingal.

Shane
thanks wnet to karingal and it looked ok.
don't supose you know anything about tyabb do you? heard it's set to boom shortly and was wondering if the rumours were true
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 7:49 pm
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

thanks wnet to karingal and it looked ok.
don't supose you know anything about tyabb do you? heard it's set to boom shortly and was wondering if the rumours were true
Ask Andy Thomas, he may also be of some assistance with short term accomodation.

But from my perspective its too far away from CBD for comfortable commuting.

They are widening the western port freeway (adding another 2 lanes), just not sure how long before this is up and running.

Shane
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 7:56 pm
Beach Bum

Originally Posted by Geelong Gent
Ask Andy Thomas, he may also be of some assistance with short term accomodation.

But from my perspective its too far away from CBD for comfortable commuting.

They are widening the western port freeway (adding another 2 lanes), just not sure how long before this is up and running.

Shane
supposed to be spring when the widenings done. not too bothered about an easy commute to CBD as I can get work pretty much all over well wherever people want to eat anyway and love the peninsula thought about frankston as it's pretty centralised for city or penninsula