Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone know what Seacliff in Adelaide is like

Anyone know what Seacliff in Adelaide is like

Old Jun 6th 2008, 11:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Ozzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud of
Default Anyone know what Seacliff in Adelaide is like

We have been successful in getting government Housing and its in Seacliff, just wondering what is the area like?

would welcome any feedback.

Thanks

Nicky
Old Jun 6th 2008, 11:06 am
BE Enthusiast

bluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to all
Default Re: Anyone know what Seacliff in Adelaide is like

Hi, I was nearby Seacliffe, its lovely, nice pub on sea front where you can have a meal/drinks sometimes entertainment, yes if I was you id be happy with being placed there!

you will be nearby marion shopping centre approx 10 min drive and collenades shopping centre about 15/20 min drive, quite close to many ammenities really and nice parks & beaches, we preferred Brighton beach area, seacliffe lovely to tho

Bluekipper
Old Jun 6th 2008, 11:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Vin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to behold

I agree with bluekipper ...I quite like Seacliffe and the local pub does have great meals. Marion Shopping Centre is massive ...and so is Colonnades as I found out on my last trip 'home'.
What do you mean by 'government housing'...do you mean Housing Trust? Very lucky to get a Housing Trust home in Seacliffe
All the very best to you and your family...B
Old Jun 6th 2008, 4:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

bluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Vin 'n Bin
I agree with bluekipper ...I quite like Seacliffe and the local pub does have great meals. Marion Shopping Centre is massive ...and so is Colonnades as I found out on my last trip 'home'.
What do you mean by 'government housing'...do you mean Housing Trust? Very lucky to get a Housing Trust home in Seacliffe
All the very best to you and your family...B
Hi there, I see you have lived in Adelaide & now Live in Perth, what do you find better/worse about living in Perth? as thats were we want to go to nxt year (hopefully if this house sells)

Bluekipper
Old Jun 6th 2008, 6:23 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne via Belfast, Adelaide on 10th Sept!!
Rach25 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Ozzy Fever
We have been successful in getting government Housing and its in Seacliff, just wondering what is the area like?

Thanks

Nicky
Hi Nicky
In a word Seacliff is GORGEOUS!! We'd love to live there.
Can I ask, how did you get housing trust house so quickly?
Only 6 days until you go! u must be on cloud 9?!
Rach
Old Jun 6th 2008, 8:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rach25
Hi Nicky
In a word Seacliff is GORGEOUS!! We'd love to live there.
Can I ask, how did you get housing trust house so quickly?
Only 6 days until you go! u must be on cloud 9?!
Rach

Is it on arrival accomadation your getting, not housing trust?
Old Jun 7th 2008, 1:41 am
BE Forum Addict

marco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bluekipper
Is it on arrival accomadation your getting, not housing trust?
I would say it probably is. Excellent service run by Immigration SA and is an excellent start if you can manage to get it as the rent is really low (ours was $144 a week 2 years ago for a 2 bed unit including all bills). Available for up to 12 weeks maximum.
Old Jun 7th 2008, 2:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Vin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by bluekipper
Hi there, I see you have lived in Adelaide & now Live in Perth, what do you find better/worse about living in Perth? as thats were we want to go to nxt year (hopefully if this house sells)

Bluekipper
Hi Bluekipper ...I'll PM you.
Old Jun 7th 2008, 8:17 am
Forum Regular

Lettik is an unknown quantity at this point

Ozzyfever: when did you apply for the on arival accomm and when did you find out where you were going? we are arriving in November and wil apply for same, but, will be looking at private rental also as we really want to settle into Brighton/Glenelg/Seacliff fairly quickly as found a few schools around there are good (apparently)
Old Jun 7th 2008, 5:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ozzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud of

Thanks for all your replies, yes it is on arrival accomodation, we applied approx 10 weeks ago, we heard last week that we had been succesful and yesterday got the address.

We are also using the meet and greet service.

Nicky
Old Jun 7th 2008, 8:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Babsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud of

Thanks

Nicky
We used to live in Davenport Terrace in Seacliff Park, beautiful area,loved it!!! Have you got an address for where you are going? Seaview Downs is a brilliant primary school,our kids were made so welcome there, couldn't praise them enough.They weren't old enough for Seacliff High but friends they made have gone there since and have no complaints but you may not have children or even want to settle there but pm me if you want any more info. You lucky person, didn't even know you could have On Arrival Accomodation in Seacliff.
Old Jun 7th 2008, 8:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Babsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud of

Thanks for all your replies, yes it is on arrival accomodation, we applied approx 10 weeks ago, we heard last week that we had been succesful and yesterday got the address.

We are also using the meet and greet service.

Nicky
hope you get the same couple we got for meet and greet, not sure if i can name them on here so won't in case its wrong to do so but they were fab and we ended up friends and still keep in touch now.