Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone know of Surrey Hills GYMPIE?

Anyone know of Surrey Hills GYMPIE?

Old Feb 10th 2005, 8:52 pm
blossom

Question Anyone know of Surrey Hills GYMPIE?

My daughter is hoping to return to Oz at end of March and will initially be staying with friends at their property in Surrey Hills, which is 23klms east of Gympie, 35klms Tewantin.

Does anybody here know this area, and what the local primary school is called and if it is any good?

Blossom
Attached Images  

Old Feb 11th 2005, 10:42 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone know of Surrey Hills GYMPIE?

Originally Posted by blossom
My daughter is hoping to return to Oz at end of March and will initially be staying with friends at their property in Surrey Hills, which is 23klms east of Gympie, 35klms Tewantin.

Does anybody here know this area, and what the local primary school is called and if it is any good?

Blossom
23Kls East of Gympie is just state forrest. There are only a few small localities between Gympie and the coast, Wolvi is directly east as is Cedar Creek, Pomona, Kin Kin and Cooroy are South East closer to Tewantin. Then you've got Goomborian, and Wilsons Pocket to the north East.
I can't find Surrey Hills on any local map and none of the locals have heard of it. It could be the name of a property on the Beenaam range as the postie is sure it's not a location.
If you give me a bit more detail I can find out the local school etc.

Sorry I thought I'd posted this yesterday but the ISDN line is playing up a blinder, phone drops offline mid conversation and pc keeps dropping offline Telstra will be the death of me
Old Feb 12th 2005, 9:18 am
Now..just your usual Pom

C.Owen is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cresta57
23Kls East of Gympie is just state forrest. There are only a few small localities between Gympie and the coast, Wolvi is directly east as is Cedar Creek, Pomona, Kin Kin and Cooroy are South East closer to Tewantin. Then you've got Goomborian, and Wilsons Pocket to the north East.
I can't find Surrey Hills on any local map and none of the locals have heard of it. It could be the name of a property on the Beenaam range as the postie is sure it's not a location.

Sorry I thought I'd posted this yesterday but the ISDN line is playing up a blinder, phone drops offline mid conversation and pc keeps dropping offline Telstra will be the death of me
cresta

Are you actually in Gympie or the surrounding area ???

I've got family there and heading out myself, as soon as i sell my house ... we will have to do a validation trip end June if not sold by then.
Old Feb 12th 2005, 10:57 am
blossom

Originally Posted by cresta57

Cresta, your are a treasure, I suspect that Surrey Hills maybe the name of the property and not a location. If I can manage it I will attach the details.
Thanks for your assistance, and if I can find out more I will get back to you.

Just want to make sure they are not going to be living in the middle of nowhere with miles to drive for school etc. Can;t upload as an attachment so have pasted property details here.

Blossom

Ref: RGY10014 Rural

View enlarged images
More Information: Gympie

SURREY SPRINGS - Tin Can Bay / Rainbow Beach Hinte
, Gympie
$550,000
STUD PROPERTY / LIFESTYLE —

SOLD BY JOHN BAMBLING OF RAY WHITE RURAL GYMPIE

AREA: 163 Acres, 23klms east of Gympie, 35klkms Tewantin within a 50" P/A rainfall district.

IMPROVEMENTS: Weatherboard home on cement stumping, 3 air conditioned bedrooms, built-ins, open plan living, kitchen area, new bathroom, large wooden deck, slow combustion wood heater, sealing fans in living area, new roof, french doors opening onto deck overlooking the property. 3 good sheds, one with good cement floor and 3 phase power.

COUNTRY: Undulating scrub country, fully improved. Very picturesque.

WATER & IRRIGATION: One of the best watered blocks in the district. 3 permanent springs and a very large dam in the middle of the property. 13,000 gallons of fresh rainwater on the house. Davey pressure pump on one of the springs which reticulates water everywhere.

CARRYING CAPACITY: 100 breeders.

YARDS & FENCING: Excellent set of timber cattle yards and covered Studmaster vet crush with cemented work area. All fencing is in excellent condition.

PLANT & EQUIPMENT: Refer to agent or www.gympieruralproperty.com.au for complete list of plant & equipment.

COMMENTS: Surrey Springs is without a doubt the best value property for sale in the Gympie district. Top country, top improvements, top class area. Will be sold very quickly!

PRICE: $550,000 BARE OR $630,000 W.I.W.O. - SOLD
Land Size
163 Acres (65.964 Hectares)
Contact — Gympie
John Bambling

Old Feb 13th 2005, 10:36 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by C.Owen
cresta

Are you actually in Gympie or the surrounding area ???

I've got family there and heading out myself, as soon as i sell my house ... we will have to do a validation trip end June if not sold by then.
We're out in the sticks about 15/20 mins from the CBD depending upon who's driving our block is only 10 mins from town but we're still living at my folks place further down the track
Old Feb 13th 2005, 10:53 am

[QUOTE=blossom]Cresta, your are a treasure, I suspect that Surrey Hills maybe the name of the property and not a location. If I can manage it I will attach the details.
Thanks for your assistance, and if I can find out more I will get back to you.

Just want to make sure they are not going to be living in the middle of nowhere with miles to drive for school etc. Can;t upload as an attachment so have pasted property details here.

Blossom

That's as rural as we are. Probably 20/30 mins from Gympie. It's very pretty countryside out that way. I know a bloke that lives in Coondoo on a similar sized property I'll see him tomorrow as he's bringing some tiles out to a job for me. He'll know the place and also the school location and bus routes. Will let you know more in 24hrs
Old Mar 1st 2005, 11:28 pm
blossom

Any news yet Cresta of this place?

Saw your pics by the way, have you got finance to build yet?
I've been looking at kit homes, like the Maroochy Manor - sounds rather grand but isn't!

Still waiting to sell here tho!

Blossom