Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone know anything about leasing land in Australia??

Anyone know anything about leasing land in Australia??

Old Jun 23rd 2010, 9:31 pm
Just Joined

reikime is just really nicereikime is just really nicereikime is just really nicereikime is just really nicereikime is just really nicereikime is just really nicereikime is just really nicereikime is just really nice
Default Anyone know anything about leasing land in Australia??

Hi

We are looking into the posibility of emigrating on a CPV 173 or 143 (undecided as yet).

I am female 57 years old so will be around pension age if/when it happens my husband is 2 years younger than me so has working life in front of him. So have I but past pensionable age

We have a little money (not as much as we would like after paying for CPV etc etc) and I am not ready for retirement just yet, frankly would be bored to tears

We would love to have a little bit of land for a smallholding 'hobby farm in Oz'just on a small scale free range chickens and the like, but bottom line is we wouldnt have enough money for land and everything else that goes with it. In the UK a lot of farmers rent what is known as 'church land' and farm for years from them, there are certain exclusions as to what you can do. Does anyone know of anything similar in Australia......

If we were to go to Australia it would be Queensland on the Southern Gold Coast as that is where my daughter and grand daughters are, they live in a suburb about 20 minutes drive from Surfers Paradise but we dont have to be on their doorstep, (much to the relief of my son in law no doubt even a couple of hours drive away would be good, I'm assuming we would have to further inland than they are

If anyone has any knowledge of leasing land/property I would very much appreciate some info. Thanks