Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone know anything about Caboolture

Anyone know anything about Caboolture

Old Jan 24th 2003, 8:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold
Question Anyone know anything about Caboolture

Near Brisbane ?

Questions I would like answered

Is it a nice place to live ?
Do they have places near the beach ?
How far is is from Noosa?
How far is it from Brisbane?

Any other information you can give me ?

Thanks

Much appreciated

Carrianne
Old Jan 24th 2003, 10:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ginny is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there,

J Irons has set up a website detailing everyday living and alike for, i think, around that area. Try looking at his site:

http://userweb.caloundra.net/jeremy/

Are you thinking of moving there or just hoping for a look?

Hope this helps anyway,

Ginny
Old Jan 24th 2003, 11:20 pm
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all
Default Re: Anyone know anything about Caboolture

Originally posted by Carrianne
Near Brisbane ?

Thanks

Much appreciated

Carrianne
Yes I know it, my best mate lives there, and it's just up the road from me, about a 15 minute drive away. It is about 15 min drive to Bribie island, maybe a 35 to 50 min drive to Noosa... all depends . It is inland a bit if you know what I mean.. depending on the area you live, but a river runs through it from the bay . It has a large farming community. It's about a 40 to maybe 50 minute drive to the gateway Bridge in rush hour. Depending where you live there.

Land is cheap, my mate paid 68 thou (AU) for around half an acre a year ago. and built there (house was 120) . but like all places this is rising. It's considered a "cheapish" area not a "posh" area, but you see some beauties of houses there - because the land is cheap people can afford to put money into the actual house, so you see some almost mansion like houses there. The town is quite large, shopping centres etc.

My mate really likes the place, I don't... it's not for me , depends on the person. The place is fast building up and the neighbouring towns around there.

cheers

Last edited by Ceri; Jan 24th 2003 at 11:26 pm.
Old Jan 25th 2003, 12:41 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
Check out the site if you haven't already http://www.caboolturetourism.com.au/index.htm

Originally posted by Carrianne
Near Brisbane ?

Thanks

Much appreciated

Carrianne
Old Jan 25th 2003, 12:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Stan J has a brilliant futureStan J has a brilliant futureStan J has a brilliant futureStan J has a brilliant futureStan J has a brilliant futureStan J has a brilliant future

Caboolture is the northern most point of the Brisbane suburban rail network. The nearby beach is a good drive away at Bribie Island (Bribie Island has a road bridge access).

It's probably an hour by bus to Brisbane or two hours to Noosa. Driving times can be much quicker as per the last poster's advice. Caloundra (the southern limit of the Sunshine Coast) would be less than an hour away.

It ain't really the Sunshine Coast and you are a long way from Brisbane. Especially if you have to commute.

There are Sunday markets neraby and it's not too far to Steve Irwin's Australia Zoo (about as far as the Ocean beaches of Bribie Island)

It's like a satellite community it's well served with supermarkets and chain stores. It will grow. It will improve.
Old Jan 25th 2003, 4:17 am
Forum Regular

captaincook is an unknown quantity at this point

its a dump ! but a very cheap one.
Old Jan 25th 2003, 4:37 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

I forgot to say, my mate lives in Caboolture "Shire" , Morayfield.. The Shire covers Bribie too, but if you are specifically talking about Caboolture (and not the whole of the shire) it's the next town up from Morayfield ... I'm in Redcliffe about 15 to 20 minutes away from Morayfield in caboolture shire ,It takes me about an hour to get to Noosa, 25 minutes to Bribie (my mate takes around 15 minutes to Bribie from his home) , I take 25 minutes to the Gatewaybridge, he takes 45 , 50 minutes (we both drive to the same place in the morning in rush hour) , an hour to an hour and a half to the Goldcoast (depends on the traffic and the bridge (roadworks )

It suits some people like my mate (he's a bit of a hippie ) , like I said he only paid $68000 (AU) for his land , half an acre, it's quite a farming community around him, but the town is thriving

You may or may not like the place, I personally wouldn't live there, but my mate loves it, suits some I suppose. If it's the shire your interested in .. check out Bribie Island ( which is a nice place in my opinion) if you don't mind the travelling, most of these places a car is essential to travel to get tfrom A to B

cheers

Last edited by Ceri; Jan 25th 2003 at 4:49 am.
Old Jan 25th 2003, 10:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold

THANK YOU ALL FOR replying, it doesn't sound for me or my husband, we want somewhere quite close to Brisbane and to the beach for surfing.

I would with my job possibly need to work in the city or hope to get a transfer as I am a commercial business analyst and hubby is a joiner, we love the sea and windsurfing, surfing and beach type stuff. We are both pretty young I am 29 hubby is 24. Although we loved Noosa so busy is not us really, we loved dicky and Moffat beach but they are to far away.

anyone got any ideas on reaonably priced suburbs, we don't want to spend a great deal as we don't want a big mortgage about up to $200 maximum. We saw alot when we where over there as my hubby could renovate alot of the old stuff.

Would appreciate any comments

Kind regards

Carrianne
Old Jan 26th 2003, 2:22 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Its interesting that many posts coming up now mentioning some very ordinary suburbs.

Basically if its cheap its for a reason.

Places like Gympie, Caboolture are mostly inhabited by very low income earners or the welfare dependant. Compared to anywhere in the UK you would find them very very dull. Although Caboolture actually has a fair few shops for Australian country town.

As aussie prices have gone up so much in the past year in QLD its easy to look at these places, but bear in mind you pay for location, popularity, closeness to the beach is a big one here. Close to the City is very expensive. Areas here have some definite income (class) patterns too.
Old Jan 26th 2003, 2:28 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Carrianne, if you want surfing beaches most of them are on the Sunshine Coast or Gold Coast. You would expect to travel an hour from Brisbane to get to them. Unless you can surf on Bribie Island which is unlikely. Why not live in Bris during the week and overnight on the Coasts on the weekend, camping is cheap here.
Houses near beach would be a lot more than $200,000.
Old Jan 26th 2003, 11:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi,

Thanks Dotty, mmm we shall have to think about this one, we only want a cheap house as we don't want a motgage but is we get one to live in a nicer area then so be it. Money isn't an issue it's being in the right place we adore the sunshine coast it's just whether I want to commute to Brisbane everyday from there ?

Carrianne