Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone with kids in the Bundaberg area?

Anyone with kids in the Bundaberg area?

Old Jan 31st 2009, 2:42 am
egghead4+becky

egghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Anyone with kids in the Bundaberg area?

yep sounds good, I have text sharon, but i havent got anyone else's phone number so lets hope they all have a gander on here at some point
Old Jan 31st 2009, 11:05 am
Forum Regular

Shari68 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by millsey
around 1
Hope to see you there!
Old Feb 6th 2009, 5:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

markandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant future

Hi everyone

Havent been on here in a while, hoping someone one of you can give me a bit of advice. There is a good chance we are now coming over for good in March instead of just validating . We are just having a look at some rentals and have seen some town houses we quite like near to the Rum Distillery, here is the web address. What do you think about this area and these houses.

Thanks

Gillian
Old Feb 7th 2009, 1:04 am
Forum Regular

Elaine & Nigel is just really niceElaine & Nigel is just really niceElaine & Nigel is just really niceElaine & Nigel is just really niceElaine & Nigel is just really niceElaine & Nigel is just really niceElaine & Nigel is just really niceElaine & Nigel is just really niceElaine & Nigel is just really niceElaine & Nigel is just really nice

Originally Posted by Shari68
Hope to see you there!
We'll be there seems ages from we had a get together
Old Feb 7th 2009, 3:08 am
egghead4+becky

egghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud of

can i just ask, is the rockpool the basin?? i know where the basin is
Old Feb 7th 2009, 11:30 am
Forum Regular

millsey is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by egghead4
can i just ask, is the rockpool the basin?? i know where the basin is
drive down bauer street turn right onto the esplanade at the roundabout turn left at the end of the road is a playpark we will be aroundf that area at around one
Old Feb 7th 2009, 11:34 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by markandgill
Hi everyone

Havent been on here in a while, hoping someone one of you can give me a bit of advice. There is a good chance we are now coming over for good in March instead of just validating . We are just having a look at some rentals and have seen some town houses we quite like near to the Rum Distillery, here is the web address. What do you think about this area and these houses.

Thanks

Gillian
depends what you are wanting there are other rentals for the same price with more beds some with pool some without
Old Feb 7th 2009, 7:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

markandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant future

depends what you are wanting there are other rentals for the same price with more beds some with pool some without

Hi Millsey

Yes we have seen quite a few 4 bed 2 bath for around $300-$320 a week aswell, to be honest they are probably a better option!!!! I just quite liked the idea of the pool lol.
Well it is confirmed and we are actually coming for good in March, Mark parents are going to rent our house of us and lend us some cash, which is great, so looking forward to coming out there FINALLY !!!!
So we have 6 weeks to try and sell 2 cars, some furniture, get shipping organsed and all the rest, stressed no So I may be calling in from time to time to ask for some more help and advice, and we are looking forward to finally meeting everyone.

Gillian
Old Feb 8th 2009, 11:29 pm
Forum Regular

Shari68 will become famous soon enough

Hi Millsey

Yes we have seen quite a few 4 bed 2 bath for around $300-$320 a week aswell, to be honest they are probably a better option!!!! I just quite liked the idea of the pool lol.
Well it is confirmed and we are actually coming for good in March, Mark parents are going to rent our house of us and lend us some cash, which is great, so looking forward to coming out there FINALLY !!!!
So we have 6 weeks to try and sell 2 cars, some furniture, get shipping organsed and all the rest, stressed no So I may be calling in from time to time to ask for some more help and advice, and we are looking forward to finally meeting everyone.

Gillian
Hi Gillian,

Good news glad to hear you are finally making the move, bet, u were beginning to think it would never happen! Six weeks!!! not long to go and plenty to do I bet, good luck with it all.

We drove passed Skyring Terraces yesterday they do look quite nice and a bit away from the main road but, as Millsey says there are plenty of cheaper, bigger rentals around.

Hope all goes well in the next few weeks and looking forward to meeting you when you arrive.

Shari
Old Feb 9th 2009, 5:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Shari68
Hi Gillian,

Good news glad to hear you are finally making the move, bet, u were beginning to think it would never happen! Six weeks!!! not long to go and plenty to do I bet, good luck with it all.

We drove passed Skyring Terraces yesterday they do look quite nice and a bit away from the main road but, as Millsey says there are plenty of cheaper, bigger rentals around.

Hope all goes well in the next few weeks and looking forward to meeting you when you arrive.

Shari
Thanks Shari

We are really looking forward to FINALLY coming out lol, your right so much to do so little time lol, We have seen other rentals we like too, but we will wait until we get there to sort something out, any suggestions where is a good area and where isnt.
Looking forward to meeting you too

Gillian
Old Feb 10th 2009, 5:10 am
BE Enthusiast

the murrays is a jewel in the roughthe murrays is a jewel in the roughthe murrays is a jewel in the roughthe murrays is a jewel in the roughthe murrays is a jewel in the rough

Thanks Shari

We are really looking forward to FINALLY coming out lol, your right so much to do so little time lol, We have seen other rentals we like too, but we will wait until we get there to sort something out, any suggestions where is a good area and where isnt.

Gillian
Hi Gillian its about bloody time isnt it, glad you got things sorted out with hubbys parents renting the house, that was a good idea.
Well I agree you better wait till u get over to see where you are going to rent, and rent prices seem to be going down a bit, so you would get some thing good for that price. There is some nice places in Bundy, as you know we are in Bargara and we really love it, we had always planned on living here, and will difinitely buy here. You liked it here, too didnt you. Best to wait till you get here.
Wont be long, really pleased for you, hows the snow?
see you soon
Old Feb 10th 2009, 5:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Bundaberg the land of Rum from south wales the land of song!
bundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nice

Originally Posted by the murrays
Hi Gillian its about bloody time isnt it, glad you got things sorted out with hubbys parents renting the house, that was a good idea.
Well I agree you better wait till u get over to see where you are going to rent, and rent prices seem to be going down a bit, so you would get some thing good for that price. There is some nice places in Bundy, as you know we are in Bargara and we really love it, we had always planned on living here, and will difinitely buy here. You liked it here, too didnt you. Best to wait till you get here.
Wont be long, really pleased for you, hows the snow?
see you soon
Hi All, Hope yu all enjoyed the meet. Sorry didnt make it but wentto the gold coast. Went to Movie world $60 pp, white water world $40 pp which was sooo much fun then the australia spectacular $99 ppwhich was just amazing. O Did plenty of shopping to at australia fair too its a nice big shopping mall. We was lucky the weather stayed dry otherwise might have been a different story. The hotel we stayed at was right on the beach right by one of the surf life stations it was so funny watching the chines girls having their photos taken with the lifeguards and gettin their autographs bless.
well worth the vist guys
Teryna
Old Feb 10th 2009, 5:59 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Shari

Gillian
its very varied answers to what is or isnt a good area, the only thing in my experience that can be a problem are the sand flies, if you want to be a bit cooler (thats if you dont have air con) then get down on the coast to take advantage of the sea breeze but be prepared for everything to rust

where will you be staying when you first get here

as i do know someone with a 3 bed holiday rental right on the sea front at bargara thats a 2 min walk to turtle park and all the shops, i could find out prices if required
Old Feb 10th 2009, 11:59 am
BE Enthusiast

its very varied answers to what is or isnt a good area, the only thing in my experience that can be a problem are the sand flies, if you want to be a bit cooler (thats if you dont have air con) then get down on the coast to take advantage of the sea breeze but be prepared for everything to rust

where will you be staying when you first get here

as i do know someone with a 3 bed holiday rental right on the sea front at bargara thats a 2 min walk to turtle park and all the shops, i could find out prices if required

Hi Millsey

Yeh I remember you and Teryna talking about the sandflies. We were thinking of Bargara, we really liked it last time when we were there. We are at the sea here in Northern Ireland so used to stuff rusting lol!!!
We are staying in a house in Bargara for a week, but havent anything else organised, so it would be great if you could get us some info on your friends rental as we will need something for a while until our stuff arrives.

Gillian
Old Feb 11th 2009, 10:08 am
Forum Regular

Hi Millsey

Yeh I remember you and Teryna talking about the sandflies. We were thinking of Bargara, we really liked it last time when we were there. We are at the sea here in Northern Ireland so used to stuff rusting lol!!!
We are staying in a house in Bargara for a week, but havent anything else organised, so it would be great if you could get us some info on your friends rental as we will need something for a while until our stuff arrives.

Gillian
how long would you want it for and when from

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.