Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone with kids in the Bundaberg area?

Anyone with kids in the Bundaberg area?

Old Nov 2nd 2008, 11:30 am
Forum Regular

millsey is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone with kids in the Bundaberg area?

Originally Posted by millsey
hi all as i mentioned on sunday next meet will fall on 30th but it is our first year anniversary on the 29th so we will be having a bbq at our house on the 29th so please private message me your emails so i can forward details on to you

many thanks
entered date wrong
Old Nov 5th 2008, 1:52 am
egghead4+becky

egghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud of

sorry we couldnt make the meet everyone. we had to move out of my cousins house, ended up in a hotel for 2 nights before finding a rental --- really really really quickly. bit of a stressful time but we are okay now.

millsey we will take you up on the offer, i'll pm you our details
bec
Old Nov 7th 2008, 11:57 am
Forum Regular

Shari68 will become famous soon enough

Hi all,

Just wondered if anyone had heard from Mark and Gill, it's been a while since they have been on here?

Wondered how they were getting on

Shari
Old Nov 7th 2008, 6:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

markandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Shari68
Hi all,

Just wondered if anyone had heard from Mark and Gill, it's been a while since they have been on here?

Wondered how they were getting on

Shari

Hi Shari

Were still here, just dont really post anymore, Still cant sell the house , so we are planning our validation trip, we are actually going to book some flights this weekend, we are booking to fly out on 21st March, arriving in Brisbane on 23rd March, going to stay in the Gold Coast for 3 days, so plan to be in Bundy around 26th March for about 10 days, would be good if it suited to meet up.

Gill
Old Nov 7th 2008, 10:26 pm
egghead4+becky

egghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by markandgill
Hi Shari

Were still here, just dont really post anymore, Still cant sell the house , so we are planning our validation trip, we are actually going to book some flights this weekend, we are booking to fly out on 21st March, arriving in Brisbane on 23rd March, going to stay in the Gold Coast for 3 days, so plan to be in Bundy around 26th March for about 10 days, would be good if it suited to meet up.

Gill
oh god, I know how that feels. we had to validate in june and then come back in the september, a lot of money and a lot of hassle, but listen, you will love it when you are here and the validation is just sooooo exciting. our house didnt sell and we had to rent it out, it wasnt what we wanted to do, but we are happy renting here in thabeban. keep your chin up gal
bec
Old Nov 7th 2008, 10:35 pm
egghead4+becky

has anyone read this, it seems nobody bothered to answer him - it was a chap named paul grieves, he put it on this part of the forum page 2

We have escaped "Bumdaberg" !

1: Had enough of the rude service
2: Kelly's beach and Neilson are ok but sick of the sand flies at other beachs
sick of dog shit on the beaches and 1 beach actually has deadly brown
and red belly black snakes
3: Water pipes allegedly have been found with asbestos
4: Local Dr has told me Bundaberg is kids cancer capital of Australia, could be the result of the all the small crop spray drifting on the wind
5: still a huge shortage of medical professionals
6: petrol is 20cents a litre more then brisbane
7: limited opportunities for teenagers and young adults
8: locals are bogan inbreds, only "imports" (thats anyone who been in bumdaberg for less then 3 generations) are worthwhile knowing

I do agree with the dogs being on the beach, especially elliott heads. i have never see dog shit though
everyone is entitled to their own opinion but how does this make people feel???
Old Nov 8th 2008, 10:04 am
BE Enthusiast

markandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by egghead4
oh god, I know how that feels. we had to validate in june and then come back in the september, a lot of money and a lot of hassle, but listen, you will love it when you are here and the validation is just sooooo exciting. our house didnt sell and we had to rent it out, it wasnt what we wanted to do, but we are happy renting here in thabeban. keep your chin up gal
bec
Hi Bec

Well renting unfortunately was never an option for us, as it wouldnt cover the mortgage and we have no spare cash to come out with either, but all the banks are lowering interest rates here another 1.5% on 1st December, our mortgage had came down 1/2% last month and it came down £50, so hopefully another 1.5 will bring it down another £150, so that may make it an option if the house doesnt sell in the first few months of the year.
When we come over again to validate we are going to see estate agents to find out about renting and find out about jobs for Mark too, so you just never know what will happen

Gill
Old Nov 8th 2008, 12:14 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Shari

Gill
Hi Gill,

Good to hear from you, great to hear you are coming out to Bundy hope all goes well and look forward to meeting you if we can arrange something (I will PM my mobile no) I'm sure we can sort something out nearer the time.

Our house is still on the market which is a real drag!!! Not much to be done though. Take care Shari
Old Nov 8th 2008, 12:37 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by egghead4
has anyone read this, it seems nobody bothered to answer him - it was a chap named paul grieves, he put it on this part of the forum page 2

We have escaped "Bumdaberg" !

1: Had enough of the rude service
2: Kelly's beach and Neilson are ok but sick of the sand flies at other beachs
sick of dog shit on the beaches and 1 beach actually has deadly brown
and red belly black snakes
3: Water pipes allegedly have been found with asbestos
4: Local Dr has told me Bundaberg is kids cancer capital of Australia, could be the result of the all the small crop spray drifting on the wind
5: still a huge shortage of medical professionals
6: petrol is 20cents a litre more then brisbane
7: limited opportunities for teenagers and everyone is entitled to their own opinion but how does this make people feel???
Hi Bec,
Wow, that's quite a negative post!! yes, there are probably plenty problems in Bundy but, I didn't think it was that bad. Would love to hear a bit more from him on the above list! Shari
Old Nov 10th 2008, 6:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Shari68
Hi Gill,

Good to hear from you, great to hear you are coming out to Bundy hope all goes well and look forward to meeting you if we can arrange something (I will PM my mobile no) I'm sure we can sort something out nearer the time.

Our house is still on the market which is a real drag!!! Not much to be done though. Take care Shari
Well Shari

Flights are now booked (unfortunately not one way) We fly out on 21st March with Emirates, arrive Brisbane on 23rd March. We plan to go to the Gold Coast for 3 days, so should be in Bundy on 26th March and we plan to stay for about 10 days, cant bloomin wait, going to be a long 4 months. Would be great if we manage to get the house sold before then eh!!!!!
We just need to sort out accommodation, have been looking on realestate.com.au at holiday rentals in Bargara, anyone reccommend anywhere nice and reasonably priced to stay?

Gillian
Old Nov 11th 2008, 11:10 am
Forum Regular

millsey is an unknown quantity at this point

Well Shari

Flights are now booked (unfortunately not one way) We fly out on 21st March with Emirates, arrive Brisbane on 23rd March. We plan to go to the Gold Coast for 3 days, so should be in Bundy on 26th March and we plan to stay for about 10 days, cant bloomin wait, going to be a long 4 months. Would be great if we manage to get the house sold before then eh!!!!!
We just need to sort out accommodation, have been looking on realestate.com.au at holiday rentals in Bargara, anyone reccommend anywhere nice and reasonably priced to stay?

Gillian
have got a friend that has a unit at bargara almost opposite the turtle park
let me know your dates and i can find out a price and availability
Old Nov 12th 2008, 9:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by millsey
have got a friend that has a unit at bargara almost opposite the turtle park
let me know your dates and i can find out a price and availability
Hi Millsey

That would be great, we plan to arrive on 26th March and will be leaving on 31st March, for interest what is the name of the units, I have been looking at a few on realestate.com

Gillian
Old Nov 13th 2008, 2:48 am
egghead4+becky

good luck gill, it will be great to meet you. you are gonna love love love bundy, its really friendly
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 7:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Well that's us all sorted...........

We got a 4 bed with pool rented in Bargara for our validation trip........pool parties all round

Will be good to meet up with all you guy's when we are there. . . . .if of course you's want too

Looking forward to it.

Mark
Old Nov 24th 2008, 7:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Bundaberg the land of Rum from south wales the land of song!
bundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nice

Well that's us all sorted...........

We got a 4 bed with pool rented in Bargara for our validation trip........pool parties all round

Will be good to meet up with all you guy's when we are there. . . . .if of course you's want too

Looking forward to it.

Mark
Mark,
we'd love to meet you both, look forward to it
Teryna
PS just up ready for work the suns blazing and looks like its gonna be another beautiful day here in bundy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.