Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone with kids in the Bundaberg area?

Anyone with kids in the Bundaberg area?

Old Sep 16th 2008, 10:03 am
Forum Regular

Shari68 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Anyone with kids in the Bundaberg area?

Originally Posted by egghead4
hi shari

we ended up going on sat night instead, but it was okay. we wanted to win the raffle too, a nice big box of shrimp, but no luck. we got the free mini bus home which was good.
chris started work yesterday and he came home all full of enthusiasm, i was contacted yesterday by the manager of the child safety dept asking for all of my certificates and a list of the subjects i studied in uni, unfortunatley this is something i am experiencing a lot. I now have contacted my uni and they are going to email me the information, but it looks like i am going to have to get my qualifications assessed to see if they match the queensland social work degree:curse:. I have applied for a job as a youth worker, but the closing date isn't until 22.09.08, so we'll have to wait and see. i'm at a lost end at the moment. i have asked to do some voluntary work and I think this is what I'll do next, as i', not someone that likes to hang around the house all day what do you do shari? whats your number and I'll give you a ring. I went to the ymca yesterday and found out what the membership is there, so I think I will join that at some point this week
bec

Hi Bec,
Good luck with the job, there is plenty of voluntary work here especially in the schools they are always asking in the newsletters. I am doing casual work at the moment so may do some voluntary work if the work stops really enjoying work at the moment as a temporary secretary. They have been really good with me working around the kids schooling especially with half term next week.

Had a blow out in the car today!!! luckily had slowed down as knew something was up, just got to go out and get a new tyre tomorrow, so glad now that Ian got his motorbike on the road two weeks ago. Ended up having to walk to pick up kids from school.....was shattered with the heat!

Keep planning to do some exercise....there doesn't seem to be enough hours in the day!! that's my excuse anyway!

Sent you a PM.

Shari
Old Sep 20th 2008, 11:31 am
Forum Regular

Hi all,

As next Sunday (28/9/08) is the last Sunday this month, just wondered if anyone had any suggestions regarding our meet??

We wondered about a picnic in Botanic Gardens as a suggestion, if anyone has any better ideas please post them asap!

regards
Shari
Old Sep 20th 2008, 8:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Bundaberg the land of Rum from south wales the land of song!
bundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nice

Originally Posted by Shari68
Hi all,

As next Sunday (28/9/08) is the last Sunday this month, just wondered if anyone had any suggestions regarding our meet??

We wondered about a picnic in Botanic Gardens as a suggestion, if anyone has any better ideas please post them asap!

regards
Shari
That sounds nice hope you have a good day.
we wont be able to make it sorry my welsh visitors arrive weds and we are off to Caloundra for the weekend doing the zoo and whale watching cant wait to see them now
O well off to work what a shame as it looks like its going to be a another nice day!!
Teryna
Old Sep 20th 2008, 8:47 pm
Forum Regular

millsey is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

regards
Shari
thought we were gonna meet at moore park beach
but the botanic gardens are cool with me
Old Sep 21st 2008, 7:07 am
egghead4+becky

egghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud of

we are up for it, so count us in.
sharon did you get my text message, so sorry about the other night i'm a right dim wit not taking my phone with me
bec
Old Sep 21st 2008, 10:27 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by millsey
thought we were gonna meet at moore park beach
but the botanic gardens are cool with me
Hi Millsey,

Did we agree Moore Park?? had a few sleeps since the last meet!! We don't mind either, what do you prefer??

Shari
Old Sep 21st 2008, 11:26 am
Forum Regular

millsey is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Millsey,

Did we agree Moore Park?? had a few sleeps since the last meet!! We don't mind either, what do you prefer??

Shari
botanical gardens sounds good
have they got barbies there?
Old Sep 21st 2008, 11:44 am
Forum Regular

we are up for it, so count us in.
sharon did you get my text message, so sorry about the other night i'm a right dim wit not taking my phone with me
bec
No, didn't receive the text! maybe you could re-send?
Old Sep 21st 2008, 11:53 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by millsey
botanical gardens sounds good
have they got barbies there?
No don't think there are, not seen any.
Old Sep 25th 2008, 10:55 pm
Forum Regular

Elaine & Nigel is just really niceElaine & Nigel is just really niceElaine & Nigel is just really niceElaine & Nigel is just really niceElaine & Nigel is just really niceElaine & Nigel is just really niceElaine & Nigel is just really niceElaine & Nigel is just really niceElaine & Nigel is just really niceElaine & Nigel is just really nice

Hi Guys

Moore Park or Gardens we're easy just let us know where at and what time

Elaine & Nigel
Old Sep 26th 2008, 12:21 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Elaine & Nigel
Hi Guys

Moore Park or Gardens we're easy just let us know where at and what time

Elaine & Nigel
Hi All,

Meet at Botannic Gardens about 12.00 near the childrens play park (Mount Perry Road entrance) as there are BBQ's there.

See you there

Shari
Old Sep 27th 2008, 7:34 am
egghead4+becky

egghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud of

sorry we cant make it now, we are going fishing with family.
we will definitley make the next one. have fun
bec
Old Sep 27th 2008, 10:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

the murrays is a jewel in the roughthe murrays is a jewel in the roughthe murrays is a jewel in the roughthe murrays is a jewel in the roughthe murrays is a jewel in the rough

sorry we cant make it now, we are going fishing with family.
we will definitley make the next one. have fun
bec
Hi becky
thats a pity,
how did it go last night, we went to the brothers on friday night, I was too tired.
Have a good day fishing
siobhan
Old Sep 28th 2008, 11:28 pm
egghead4+becky

Originally Posted by the murrays
Hi becky
thats a pity,
how did it go last night, we went to the brothers on friday night, I was too tired.
Have a good day fishing
siobhan
it was really good, we went to agnes water, the fishing was bunk but the beach and waves were great
acw was okay, we are gonna go to the brotheres club this week, to see what it is like. how was the meet, have a good time?
how did your interviews go?
bec
Old Sep 30th 2008, 10:37 am
BE Enthusiast

the murrays is a jewel in the roughthe murrays is a jewel in the roughthe murrays is a jewel in the roughthe murrays is a jewel in the roughthe murrays is a jewel in the rough

it was really good, we went to agnes water, the fishing was bunk but the beach and waves were great
acw was okay, we are gonna go to the brotheres club this week, to see what it is like. how was the meet, have a good time?
how did your interviews go?
bec
Hi bec
sunday went well, it was very warm we ended up at Bargara, after we had barbie. Im sure you will get a chance to meet everyone soon.
Went whale watching today, it was great!
Interveiws went well, but havent heard anything, so not getting my hopes up.
Hows your work going?
Talk to you soon
siobhan

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.