Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone with kids in the Bundaberg area?

Anyone with kids in the Bundaberg area?

Old Aug 26th 2008, 2:36 am
Forum Regular

Shari68 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Anyone with kids in the Bundaberg area?

Originally Posted by egghead4
can you tell me how you all got from brisbane to bundy?
i have been looking at flights but i remember seeing something about excess baggage and the cost implications???

did you all book from the uk, or did you get someone to do it from that end?
did anyone encouter any difficulties with their baggage, only chris and i will have 20kg's with singapore but we will probably buy a laptop in singapore which will add weight to our luggage.

thanks bec

ps, i have read about you all going to shallom market, whats it like and whats there to buy, i love markets!!
Hi Bec,

We flew from Brisbane to Bundy with Quantas which takes about 50 mins we only had minimum baggage so it wasn't a problem for us (think it was 20kg) no problems at all just wish I had brought more as the allowance was more on both airlines which we only found out at the checkin!! then again there were 5 of us so maybe not! as for the laptop it was classed as free hand luggage when we came, check on their website to make sure but, think it will be the same still.

Shallom Market sells various items fresh fruit/veg (cheaper than the supermarkets) car boot type stuff (books, tools general bric a brac etc) there are even animals dogs, birds, fish etc I even saw a turkey one week (and yes it was real!!) it's a real mixture. I love to go for the atmosphere nice and relaxed plus theres a cafe.

Shari
Old Aug 26th 2008, 6:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Bundaberg the land of Rum from south wales the land of song!
bundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nice

i have been looking at flights but i remember seeing something about excess baggage and the cost implications???

did anyone encouter any difficulties with their baggage, only chris and i will have 20kg's with singapore but we will probably buy a laptop in singapore which will add weight to our luggage.

thanks bec

ps, i have read about you all going to shallom market, whats it like and whats there to buy, i love markets!!
we flew up with quantas link not that expensive but they dont give you extra baggage just cos your emmigrating only It take 50mins.

I love going to the shalom markets its real entertaining just looking at the people some typical aussies there just ace.i wonder sometimes about the animals up for sale though and the fruit and veg definately taste better fresher too.
You arrive on fathers day here then, tidy, what a good start.
Teryna
Old Aug 26th 2008, 7:31 am
Forum Regular

millsey is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks bec

we hired a car for the first month so just picked it up and drove straight up and i got my first speeding ticket after 2hrs driving

the tilt train goes to bundy from brisbane takes four hours and i am sure it could be arranged that one of us could pick you up

you are allowed 1 peice of hand luggage and a laptop
Old Aug 26th 2008, 8:21 am
BE Enthusiast

the murrays is a jewel in the roughthe murrays is a jewel in the roughthe murrays is a jewel in the roughthe murrays is a jewel in the roughthe murrays is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by millsey
what school do they go to ?
when you go to the school they should be able to tell you about buses
i know that stewarts run school bus services to most schools dependant on how far away from the school you are depends on wether you pay or not
Hi millsey
they started st marys today, there is buses, they are quite expensive, I hope to take them to school when i go to work, thats when I get a job. Marks likes Bargara, said he doesnt mind driving in and out, well try it any way.
I am sick driving around every where looking, but we have to hurry and find one soon
talk to you soon
siobhan
Old Aug 26th 2008, 5:17 pm
egghead4+becky

egghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud of

thanks for all the responses guys

well i have contacted my cousin and he and the wife are going to spend a weekend in brisbane and pick us up which is really nice of them. we will then hire a car for a few weeks to get us on our feet.
bec
Old Aug 26th 2008, 8:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

bundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nice

what time sunday guys im off work and its the multi cultural show too !!
Teryna
Old Aug 27th 2008, 6:07 am
BE Enthusiast

the murrays is a jewel in the roughthe murrays is a jewel in the roughthe murrays is a jewel in the roughthe murrays is a jewel in the roughthe murrays is a jewel in the rough

whereabouts are you meeting and at what time, and what should I bring, have been busy shopping for beds etc, is Harvey Norman the best for this, any body any other tips for buying beds and fridges etc?
Look forward to meeting you all
siobhan
Old Aug 27th 2008, 7:05 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bundybell
what time sunday guys im off work and its the multi cultural show too !!
Teryna
we are meeting at midday
Old Aug 27th 2008, 7:10 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by the murrays
whereabouts are you meeting and at what time, and what should I bring, have been busy shopping for beds etc, is Harvey Norman the best for this, any body any other tips for buying beds and fridges etc?
siobhan
harvey norman is probably the most expensive in town
homemakers are having a sale on saturday next to iga in town
goodguys is pretty good for electrical and you payless if you pay cash
Old Aug 27th 2008, 10:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by the murrays
siobhan
Siobhan,
yes harvey norman is a bit dearer but i think they have good quality stuff with the added bonus of not having to pay for it straight away so i suppose you are paying more for the credit. We ve purchased loads from them you can get a bargain with end of line sales and you can even barter with them too. Colins been quite successful at that. They charge $45 delivery whether its one thing or five.It all depends what your taste is and how much you have to spend. Another place worth alook is the tender center weve got some brand new bar stools for half the price of the shops wed been looking at them in the shops for a while we was well chuffed.
See ya sunday
Teryna
Old Aug 29th 2008, 3:27 am
Forum Regular

Elaine & Nigel is just really niceElaine & Nigel is just really niceElaine & Nigel is just really niceElaine & Nigel is just really niceElaine & Nigel is just really niceElaine & Nigel is just really niceElaine & Nigel is just really niceElaine & Nigel is just really niceElaine & Nigel is just really niceElaine & Nigel is just really nice

thanks for all the responses guys

well i have contacted my cousin and he and the wife are going to spend a weekend in brisbane and pick us up which is really nice of them. we will then hire a car for a few weeks to get us on our feet.
bec
I booked through Vroom vroom Vroom got a new Rav4 for a week(hated having to leave it back) cost 251.17GBP i know the exact amount as i am about to pay the visa bill lol big plus was we picked it up in brisbane and dropped it off in bundy

Elaine
Old Aug 31st 2008, 10:18 pm
Forum Regular

karen-and-alan is an unknown quantity at this point

Excellent day yesterday, Nigel, Elaine, Mark and Siobhan it was good meeting you all. The weather held out pretty good for us considering what we got through the night

It's great seeing all the kids getting on well with each other, it always makes it that bit easier for them when they are so far from their old friends back in blighty.

Alan
Old Aug 31st 2008, 11:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by karen-and-alan
Excellent day yesterday, Nigel, Elaine, Mark and Siobhan it was good meeting you all. The weather held out pretty good for us considering what we got through the night

It's great seeing all the kids getting on well with each other, it always makes it that bit easier for them when they are so far from their old friends back in blighty.

Alan
Dito.
Yes it is good to see the kids getting on shame you are leaving us though.
We wont be able to make the next meet weve friends from the Uk visiting then and we are off to australia zoo and whale watching-again![no doubt we will have to do it a few times more to] with them that weekend sorry but will catch up again.
Teryna
Old Sep 1st 2008, 1:08 am
Forum Regular

karen-and-alan is an unknown quantity at this point

Mark,
Saw this in the newsmail jobs. Might be of use to you

ROOF TILER

Required urgently

Above award wage

Continuous work

Phone Judi 0407 119 785

RJ Roofing

Alan
Old Sep 6th 2008, 12:56 am
sjo
Forum Regular

sjo will become famous soon enough

Hi, hope you don't mind me joining in.

It looks like we'll be moving from NSW to Bundy in January for work reasons. It seems as if everyone on this thread loves the place...so has anyone got anything bad to say about it?

Cheers,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.