Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone with kids in the Bundaberg area?

Anyone with kids in the Bundaberg area?

Old Aug 20th 2008, 5:32 pm
egghead4+becky

egghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Anyone with kids in the Bundaberg area?

i have been looking at jobs recently, i'm not sure what I will do - i have seen some jobs for teaching assistants and this may be something i could do. i have also found a YMCA that do group work with teenagers which is right up my street.
our new mortgage has been completed and so we will now book our flights.
whats the weather like there at the mo?
i have also been looking for some swimming pools to get fit, whats the gym like there teryna?
bec
Old Aug 21st 2008, 3:26 am
Forum Regular

Shari68 will become famous soon enough
Smile Re: Anyone with kids in the Bundaberg area?

Originally Posted by egghead4
i have been looking at jobs recently, i'm not sure what I will do - i have seen some jobs for teaching assistants and this may be something i could do. i have also found a YMCA that do group work with teenagers which is right up my street.
i have also been looking for some swimming pools to get fit, whats the gym like there teryna?
bec
Hi Bec,
Teaching assistant jobs are not the easiest of jobs to get, I was a TA for 4 year before leaving the UK and had no luck even with an interview...they do keep applications on file for 12 months though. There are plenty of jobs I'm sure you will find something here. I have just gone back to work (casual admin) found it to be very relaxed with no stress! Who are you planning to fly with and how soon? The weather is lovely at the mo, not as cold in the evenings/mornings now, not needed to put a jumper on till later in the evening! around 21-23 today

take care Shari

Last edited by Shari68; Aug 21st 2008 at 3:29 am.
Old Aug 21st 2008, 7:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Bundaberg the land of Rum from south wales the land of song!
bundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nice

bec
The gyms a bit old fashion but only cost $18 fortnight its the YMCA gym i go to.
Havent been this week i have a cold thats has made me feel horrible.
Jobs are not that easy to come by out here be prepared to be out of work for a good couple of months
The weather is getting better as shari said warming up which is nice.
The roof is going on our house now will be finished tomoz its lovely watching it go up.
o well off to get a chinese take away
Teryna byeeeee
Old Aug 21st 2008, 5:54 pm
egghead4+becky

egghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud of

to be honest i will do anything to start with.
we are going to book the flights for 2.9.8 with singapore airlines.
where did you say you were building teryna? was it bagara?
i hear they are releasing more land at coral cove, which is an area that we are interested in. oooh i am so excited
bec
Old Aug 21st 2008, 8:08 pm
Forum Regular

millsey is an unknown quantity at this point

to be honest i will do anything to start with.
we are going to book the flights for 2.9.8 with singapore airlines.
where did you say you were building teryna? was it bagara?
i hear they are releasing more land at coral cove, which is an area that we are interested in. oooh i am so excited
bec
we are still debating wether to buy land down at coral cove
the new land will not be released for quite a while
was your hubby a plumber?
Old Aug 22nd 2008, 3:49 am
Forum Regular

Elaine & Nigel is just really niceElaine & Nigel is just really niceElaine & Nigel is just really niceElaine & Nigel is just really niceElaine & Nigel is just really niceElaine & Nigel is just really niceElaine & Nigel is just really niceElaine & Nigel is just really niceElaine & Nigel is just really niceElaine & Nigel is just really nice

Hi all

We have eventually arrived in Bundy and have got all the important stuff sorted so have time to catch up with the latest threads. I can't believe we're here and all has been going smoothly have got a house to rent in Svensson Heights, hubby starts work in Woolies Bakery next week and kids are in North primary and High.

We will keep an eye out for info about the meet on the 31st and look forward to seeing everyone

Elaine & Nigel
Old Aug 22nd 2008, 6:44 am
BE Enthusiast

bundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nice

Originally Posted by Elaine & Nigel
Hi all

We have eventually arrived in Bundy and have got all the important stuff sorted so have time to catch up with the latest threads. I can't believe we're here and all has been going smoothly have got a house to rent in Svensson Heights, hubby starts work in Woolies Bakery next week and kids are in North primary and High.

We will keep an eye out for info about the meet on the 31st and look forward to seeing everyone

Elaine & Nigel
welcome to bundy elaine, look forward to meeting you and your family too
which woolies bakery is hubby working in sugarland,hinkler or bargara

bec- weve got land in avoca contemplated coral coast etc but to far out of town for kids well and me ive had enough of travelling to work only 7mins away now
teryna
Old Aug 24th 2008, 12:59 am
BE Enthusiast

the murrays is a jewel in the roughthe murrays is a jewel in the roughthe murrays is a jewel in the roughthe murrays is a jewel in the roughthe murrays is a jewel in the rough

Hi everyone
we arrived on friday morning and so far everything has went well, we are staying at bargarra for the week, have been to shalom markets today and went house hunting yesturday, going to veiw some on Monday. The weather is great, cant believe Im here.
Teryna Ill give you a call when I get settled in?
Mark still likes to live in Bargarra, I was wondering is there a bus that takes the kids to school to Bundy daily? Liked Avocca and Kepnock too.
I talk to you all during the week.
See you all soon
siobhan
Bundy has even improved from the last time we were here.
Old Aug 24th 2008, 2:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by the murrays
Hi everyone
we arrived on friday morning and so far everything has went well, we are staying at bargarra for the week, have been to shalom markets today and went house hunting yesturday, going to veiw some on Monday. The weather is great, cant believe Im here.
Mark still likes to live in Bargarra, I was wondering is there a bus that takes the kids to school to Bundy daily? Liked Avocca and Kepnock too.
See you all soon
siobhan
i love bargara guess it will be where i retire!
ive just got back from shalom markets too could have passed and didnt even know!
look forward to speaking to you
Teryna
Old Aug 24th 2008, 5:33 am
Forum Regular

Hi everyone
See you all soon
siobhan
what school do they go to ?
when you go to the school they should be able to tell you about buses
i know that stewarts run school bus services to most schools dependant on how far away from the school you are depends on wether you pay or not
Old Aug 24th 2008, 5:34 am
Forum Regular

Hi everyone
See you all soon
siobhan
i have been working in bargara for the last 5 months still dont get bored of the sunrise and the dolphins
Old Aug 25th 2008, 4:20 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Elaine & Nigel
Hi all

Elaine & Nigel
Hi Elaine & Nigel,
Welcome to Bundy, how long have you been here? my kids go to the same schools! Look forward to meeting you all next week.
Shari
Old Aug 25th 2008, 4:26 am
Forum Regular

Hi everyone
See you all soon
siobhan
Hi Siobhan,
Welcome to Bundy!

Walked the dogs in Bargara this morning it was lovely, even after nearly 5 months we still can't believe we are here!! Glad to here you are settling already. Hope to see you at the meet at weekend. Shari
Old Aug 25th 2008, 10:07 pm
egghead4+becky

Originally Posted by millsey
we are still debating wether to buy land down at coral cove
the new land will not be released for quite a while
was your hubby a plumber?
yes he is, we havent been able to geet him on a LPG course either as you recommended:curse:
whats the work situation like out there at the mo?
are there any pointers you could give us in respect of plumbing, gas jobs?
we are arriving in brisbane on sunday 7th of sept, so its all systems go, we still have a bloody mark 2 golf to get rid of as well:curse:
anyhow, less whinging from me
see you soon
bec
Old Aug 25th 2008, 10:12 pm
egghead4+becky

can you tell me how you all got from brisbane to bundy?
i have been looking at flights but i remember seeing something about excess baggage and the cost implications???

did you all book from the uk, or did you get someone to do it from that end?
did anyone encouter any difficulties with their baggage, only chris and i will have 20kg's with singapore but we will probably buy a laptop in singapore which will add weight to our luggage.

thanks bec

ps, i have read about you all going to shallom market, whats it like and whats there to buy, i love markets!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.