Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

anyone from ireland N O T thinking of going and just sitting tight for now

anyone from ireland N O T thinking of going and just sitting tight for now

Old Nov 22nd 2009, 1:29 pm
Forum Regular

hannash is an unknown quantity at this point
Default anyone from ireland N O T thinking of going and just sitting tight for now

whats the story with any irish on the 175 ind .is there any one sitting tight until they start processing the 175 s again or is every one now on the ss176,i heard it may be as far away as july 2010 before they start the 175s
Old Nov 22nd 2009, 3:20 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: anyone from ireland N O T thinking of going and just sitting tight for now

Originally Posted by hannash
whats the story with any irish on the 175 ind .is there any one sitting tight until they start processing the 175 s again or is every one now on the ss176,i heard it may be as far away as july 2010 before they start the 175s
I've heard even worse but can't find the thread where 2012 is mentioned?! I thought it was here: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=633659 but it's not. I had read though that the 175 I was originally on, as it was non-CSL/MODL wouldn't be processed for another few years yet. I've since withdrawn that application as it's no longer needed. Despite the current economic climate and the prospect of not being able to sell the house for any profit, we're off in Jan/Feb 2010. Have decided to let the house out instead, and hold onto it for a few years in the hope that eventually we'll make something out of it.

What's your plans? Go for it, or wait...
Old Nov 22nd 2009, 3:37 pm
Forum Regular

hannash is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: anyone from ireland N O T thinking of going and just sitting tight for now

jesus jen are you still here to ,we dont want an excuse to come home again and try to justify comming home because we have no t enough money because we ccouldnt sell the house ,it just seems all wrong at the moment ,it has to be right with chillder involved!!!!!!!!!even if we could rent the house with the exchange rate at the minute we would have to start work right away and it would completley take the whole shine of it
Old Nov 22nd 2009, 3:41 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hannash
jesus jen are you still here to ,we dont want an excuse to come home again and try to justify comming home because we have no t enough money because we ccouldnt sell the house ,it just seems all wrong at the moment ,it has to be right with chillder involved!!!!!!!!!even if we could rent the house with the exchange rate at the minute we would have to start work right away and it would completley take the whole shine of it
I'll have to make up the difference in the house, the rent wont cover all of my costs, but the OH has a job to go out to immediately and I'll find work in time, so to us, it's a risk worth taking. I don't see the house making me have to come home again as I can give my solicitor 'power of attorney' to sell it for me on my behalf. I've been putting this off for 6 years, I'm not gonna waste another 6 wondering 'what if?!' lol