Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone imported a car to WA?

Anyone imported a car to WA?

Old Feb 10th 2005, 11:58 am
Forum Regular

vics has a spectacular aura aboutvics has a spectacular aura aboutvics has a spectacular aura about
Question Anyone imported a car to WA?

Hi

As it looks like we will be taking our cars to Perth, (yes - I know it costs a lot but the husband won't leave them behind!), I am looking for advice on any work that we will need to get done on them in order to be able to register them in WA - i.e. are there any changes needed to the UK spec to get them through the WA vehicle inspection.

Has anyone got experience of this? Does it make any difference that both our cars are over 15yrs old? The DoTaRs import approval info pack seems to suggest that it might. It says that they don't have to get an import plate, but doesn't say if they still have to have things done to comply with the rules. :scared:

I have emailed the WA Licensing people, but haven't had a reply yet - just call me impatient! I want to find out before I send off the import approval papers.

Thanks!!
Old Feb 10th 2005, 12:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Alex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really nice
Default Re: Anyone imported a car to WA?

Originally Posted by vics
Hi

As it looks like we will be taking our cars to Perth, (yes - I know it costs a lot but the husband won't leave them behind!), I am looking for advice on any work that we will need to get done on them in order to be able to register them in WA - i.e. are there any changes needed to the UK spec to get them through the WA vehicle inspection.

Has anyone got experience of this? Does it make any difference that both our cars are over 15yrs old? The DoTaRs import approval info pack seems to suggest that it might. It says that they don't have to get an import plate, but doesn't say if they still have to have things done to comply with the rules. :scared:

I have emailed the WA Licensing people, but haven't had a reply yet - just call me impatient! I want to find out before I send off the import approval papers.

Thanks!!

Can't help on the importing side, I presume you have searched on google and the forum?

Out of curiousity what are the two cars you have?

regards and good luck

Alex
Old Feb 10th 2005, 1:15 pm
Forum Regular

vics has a spectacular aura aboutvics has a spectacular aura aboutvics has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Alex Hall
Can't help on the importing side, I presume you have searched on google and the forum?

Out of curiousity what are the two cars you have?

regards and good luck

Alex

Sorry - I should have said that the WA DPI website doesn't give the info I am after - it says all overseas imports have to be inspected, but not what they look for. I just want to make sure that we do all we can to get the cars through the inspection before they are shipped, rather than having a shock when we get there!

I have had a quick search through the forum, but can't find anything - if anyone else can then the help would be appreciated!
Old Feb 11th 2005, 3:09 pm
Forum Regular

Bump - for the weekend viewers to hopefully reply!