Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone in the Hinckley area????!!!!!!

Anyone in the Hinckley area????!!!!!!

Old Apr 26th 2006, 2:05 pm
Forum Regular

paulaljones has a spectacular aura aboutpaulaljones has a spectacular aura aboutpaulaljones has a spectacular aura about
Default Anyone in the Hinckley area????!!!!!!

Just wondering if anyone is living around this area? Nearest meet up seems to be the Mildands one at Balsall Common (I think Would prefer something nearer.
Old Apr 26th 2006, 3:52 pm
Forum Regular

deci will become famous soon enoughdeci will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Anyone in the Hinckley area????!!!!!!

Hi Paula,

We are in Coventry so you are not that far away. Our only problem is hubby works shifts so it will be more luck than judgement getting to a meet. If enough people can get together and the day/night is free for us then count us in.

Linda
Old Apr 26th 2006, 10:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

thepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nice

Originally Posted by deci
Hi Paula,

We are in Coventry so you are not that far away. Our only problem is hubby works shifts so it will be more luck than judgement getting to a meet. If enough people can get together and the day/night is free for us then count us in.

Linda
Hi Linda

We are in cov too whereabouts in cov are you?

Tracey
Old Apr 27th 2006, 6:01 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by thepomandozzy
Hi Linda

We are in cov too whereabouts in cov are you?

Tracey
Tracey I have sent you a PM.
Linda
Old Apr 27th 2006, 7:01 am
Forum Regular

paulaljones has a spectacular aura aboutpaulaljones has a spectacular aura aboutpaulaljones has a spectacular aura about

Hi Paula,

Linda
Come up with May 20th if thats any good? Does it fit in with Hubbies shifts? Any suggestions of location, don't mind coming over cov way as now 2 of you come from that area.
Old Apr 27th 2006, 4:07 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Paula,

Just checked with OH for 20th but he will be on nights. We have Fri 19th and 26/27 May free, will one of these dates be ok or are you tied up on those dates. I will have a look at places this end to go to, Tracey may also know some pubs to go to as we are both in Cov.

Best wishes
Linda
Old Apr 27th 2006, 4:20 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Paula,

Just checked with OH for 20th but he will be on nights. We have Fri 19th and 26/27 May free, will one of these dates be ok or are you tied up on those dates. I will have a look at places this end to go to, Tracey may also know some pubs to go to as we are both in Cov.

Best wishes
Linda
Hi Linda

Lets go fot the 27th then. Look in other thread and you'll see that there's someone else in Cov who wants to join us. So it looks like it could be a good nite then! Wait to hear about pubs from you.
Paula
Old Apr 27th 2006, 4:27 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Paula,,
The 27th it is then, how far out of Hinckley do you want to go?. We do not mind coming to your neck of the woods if there is anywhere you like, if not let me know and I will get pubs nearer your side of Cov.

Looking forward to it as it will be our 1st. How will we know it is you when we meet up!!!!!!!

Linda
Old Apr 27th 2006, 4:41 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Paula,,
The 27th it is then, how far out of Hinckley do you want to go?. We do not mind coming to your neck of the woods if there is anywhere you like, if not let me know and I will get pubs nearer your side of Cov.

Looking forward to it as it will be our 1st. How will we know it is you when we meet up!!!!!!!

Linda
I'll be the one with pink hair

Haven't the fogiest Linda, only joined this website this week. Its all very new to me also. Guess it would be a bit of fun to say that we all need to get a pink carnation or something!! Wave it around and look ridiculous. Perhaps Tracy or Jo have a suggestion.

Will speak to Hubby about where to go.
Old Apr 27th 2006, 4:53 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by paulaljones
Hi Linda

Lets go fot the 27th then. Look in other thread and you'll see that there's someone else in Cov who wants to join us. So it looks like it could be a good nite then! Wait to hear about pubs from you.
Paula
Paula I have just posted on the other thread. I am now getting confused as to which one I should be posting on. It is an age thing. Could we wave Aussie flags and look really sad.
Linda
Old Apr 27th 2006, 6:18 pm
Sunning it up in Benowa

Location: Body in benowa, Mind in Benowa, the whole fricking thing in benowa MAN !!!!!
Jane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond repute

Just wondering if anyone is living around this area? Nearest meet up seems to be the Mildands one at Balsall Common (I think Would prefer something nearer.
Hiya,
We are from Weedon Northamptonshire, about 1/2 hour down the A5 from you, we have had 4 meets now at The crossroads at Weedon and have had a really good turn out... Its a shame you have missed them
Thing is I haven't had time to organize another one as we are due to go in 5/6 weeks so as you can imagine not got time to do anything !!!!!!!!!!
PM me if you need any help
Jane xxx
Old Apr 27th 2006, 6:20 pm
Forum Regular

Paula I have just posted on the other thread. I am now getting confused as to which one I should be posting on. It is an age thing. Could we wave Aussie flags and look really sad.
Linda
Think we should only post through this forum(meet-ups). Will put info on other forum!!

Suggest we go for drink and chat What about the Hilton (Lets go upper class) at least it will be easier to find one another and talk. It also shouldn't be too busy at a weekend. The other pubs are Ok but more suited if your eating. If things go well we can go there another time!!

Or as another suggestion if its better for more people we could go to shilton Arms in the afternoon for a bite to eat on the 27th and kids can play in the garden if weathers good enough.

So far the following can hopefully make it, just need confirmation from Jo and Tracey

Paulaljones
deci
theponandozzy
MJELNC

Last edited by paulaljones; Apr 27th 2006 at 7:56 pm.
Old Apr 28th 2006, 8:14 am
Forum Regular

Smile Re: Anyone in the Hinckley area????!!!!!!

Hi Paula,

Sounds good, just let us know what everyone wants to do, we will go with the flow, sounds like sloping shoulders, sorry. We will eat in the afternoon if anyone else would like to or just meet in the evening for a good chat. Open to offers.
Linda
Old Apr 28th 2006, 1:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

MJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond repute

Think we should only post through this forum(meet-ups). Will put info on other forum!!

Suggest we go for drink and chat What about the Hilton (Lets go upper class) at least it will be easier to find one another and talk. It also shouldn't be too busy at a weekend. The other pubs are Ok but more suited if your eating. If things go well we can go there another time!!

Or as another suggestion if its better for more people we could go to shilton Arms in the afternoon for a bite to eat on the 27th and kids can play in the garden if weathers good enough.

So far the following can hopefully make it, just need confirmation from Jo and Tracey

Paulaljones
deci
theponandozzy
MJELNC

Hi,the 27th sounds good to us,We have 4 kids all girls,hope the weathers good.
We live in the wyken area of cov.
Have been to northants meet,and are a great way of meeting new people that are in the same boat.
Jo
Old Apr 28th 2006, 2:15 pm
Forum Regular

Wink Re: Anyone in the Hinckley area????!!!!!!

Jo,

We live in the Wyken area too!! Spooky or what, maybe we have seen each other in passing. Tesco, Sainsburys, dentist. Will find out on the 27th.

Linda

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.