Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone On Here Living In Sherwood/corinda?

Anyone On Here Living In Sherwood/corinda?

Old Mar 21st 2006, 1:08 pm
PJA
Forum Regular

PJA has a brilliant futurePJA has a brilliant futurePJA has a brilliant futurePJA has a brilliant futurePJA has a brilliant futurePJA has a brilliant future
Default Anyone On Here Living In Sherwood/corinda?

Hi There

Is There Anyone On This Forum That Lives In Sherwood/corinda Or Knows Much About Them? We're Planning A Trip Over End Of May To Look Around These Areas, Schools, Housing Etc.

We Need To Find A Good Primary And High School And Have Already Been Recommend Sherwood State Primary And Corinda High. Anyone Know About Corinda State Primary?

Also Have A Two Year Old So Any Recommendations On Playgroup/pre-schools Would Be Good Too!! Many Thanks!
Old Mar 22nd 2006, 5:40 am
BE Enthusiast

JohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone On Here Living In Sherwood/corinda?

Originally Posted by PJA
Hi There

Is There Anyone On This Forum That Lives In Sherwood/corinda Or Knows Much About Them? We're Planning A Trip Over End Of May To Look Around These Areas, Schools, Housing Etc.

We Need To Find A Good Primary And High School And Have Already Been Recommend Sherwood State Primary And Corinda High. Anyone Know About Corinda State Primary?

Also Have A Two Year Old So Any Recommendations On Playgroup/pre-schools Would Be Good Too!! Many Thanks!

This area is very close to the city and very nice. There are some lovely leafy quiet streets, with some fabulous family queenslander style houses, particulary nearer Sherwood, Graceville and Chelmer. It's somewhere I would definitely consider, particularly Graceville.

You have good access to public transport, plus its really easy to get to Indooroopilly for shopping, and the huge Brisbane weekend market. Its got a kind of villagey feel, which some might find a bit quiet. Beware the property prices here though, especially as you get close to the river, they can be very, very pricey. I would say Chelmer is probably the priciest, with Corinda the cheapest.

Also beware the pongy bit opposite Indooroopilly Island, which is where the mega bat colony resides. Gets a bit whiffy, but only for a couple of streets!

Sorry I can't help with the schools, I'm sure someone else will be able to answer this bit.

Netta
Old Mar 24th 2006, 7:49 am
Forum Regular

ex-GLOS will become famous soon enoughex-GLOS will become famous soon enough

I know someone at Sherwood Primary School and they quite like it. I also know someone at Graceville Primary - the kid is about 8 and is very very smart. They worry that Graceville isn't pushing the kid that much (they are slightly uptight I have to say!), but other than that have no complaints. It will seem a lot easier than school in the UK I'd say. But the kids have a lot of time to socialize after school and do sports and stuff. They like the area very much.
Old Mar 24th 2006, 8:07 am
PJA
Forum Regular

PJA has a brilliant futurePJA has a brilliant futurePJA has a brilliant futurePJA has a brilliant futurePJA has a brilliant futurePJA has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by ex-GLOS
I know someone at Sherwood Primary School and they quite like it. I also know someone at Graceville Primary - the kid is about 8 and is very very smart. They worry that Graceville isn't pushing the kid that much (they are slightly uptight I have to say!), but other than that have no complaints. It will seem a lot easier than school in the UK I'd say. But the kids have a lot of time to socialize after school and do sports and stuff. They like the area very much.

Thanks for that! Regards Jane