Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

anyone heard of Global visa

anyone heard of Global visa

Old Aug 8th 2003, 6:09 pm
Just Joined

jayne newton is an unknown quantity at this point
Question anyone heard of Global visa

i am using global visa has any one heard of them?good or bad.
Old Aug 8th 2003, 6:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road
Default Re: anyone heard of Global visa

Originally posted by jayne newton
Hi Jane
we're using Global Visa's Jim Unwin is our chap!
i think that they've been great (so far), just waiting for hubby's TRA assessment to come back, what visa are you hoping to go out on? what occupation?
only too happy to help
regards
rach
Old Aug 8th 2003, 8:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

sue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nice
Smile Re: anyone heard of Global visa

Hiya,
we used global visas and they were brilliant,we lodged our application in feb 02 had the medicals nov 02,and we are off soon as we have sold the house,hoping to be there september. This question came up a week or two ago and there were lots of people who didnt recommend them, but as its no visa no fee you cant go far wrong,they did a good job for us anyway.You will aways get some bad reports,but stick with them your be ok,if you have enough points you dont have much to worry about,
good luck

sue&bob
Old Aug 12th 2003, 9:56 am
Just Joined

mumfie is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi we used Global we found them fantastic, very professional, friendly, and reasonable priced, we started our application in September last year and Global sent our Visas in August this year. I can only say use them they worked for us.
Old Aug 12th 2003, 10:59 am
Forum Regular

elbow is an unknown quantity at this point

are they the ones that are advertised in tnt? i used ambler collins in london for my skills assessment and generally found them to be quite rude. I am looking to change over and was thinking of global visas also.
Old Aug 12th 2003, 11:31 am
Forum Regular

Jo Cousins will become famous soon enough
Default WARNING!!!

Hi

As per my email the other day to Peppi.....Just as a word of advice do not use a company called GLOBAL MIGRATION/VISAS based in London. We used them last year when we started our application process and thanks to them we had to start all over from scratch again this year! They gave us misleading information, charged us for just basically sending out the application pack and then refused to give us our money back after wrongly telling us that we couldnt get in!! By this point we had paid out £1000 - based on a no win no fee agreement! Fortunately after speaking with many of their unhelpful staff I took things into my own hands and took them to small claims court and won!!! The agencies do nothing more than you could do yourself. They charge for simply filling in forms with information you have already supplied!! I would seriously discourage anyone from using them.

Jo
Old Aug 12th 2003, 11:59 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

If you decide to use a firm of advisors please check that they have Registered Migration Agents looking after your application, so that you have a means of complaint in case of problems.

MARA registered agents are required to adhere to a Code of Conduct, and to maintain their technical competence through ongoing attendance at courses, etc.

The regulatory body is the Migration Agents Registration Authority, whose website is here:
http://www.themara.com.au

Best regards.
Old Aug 12th 2003, 6:26 pm
Just Joined

Originally posted by nosuchluck
Hi Jane
i think that they've been great (so far), just waiting for hubby's TRA assessment to come back, what visa are you hoping to go out on? what occupation?
only too happy to help
regards
rach
Old Aug 12th 2003, 6:29 pm
Just Joined

Originally posted by nosuchluck
Hi Jane
only too happy to help
regards
rach
thank you for your response,we are going as sponsored by my cousin in aus.though my husband is a building site manager.james unwin is also working for us and so far so good
Old Aug 12th 2003, 7:57 pm
Forum Regular

ace ventura is an unknown quantity at this point

[/QUOTE] I am using them and i speak as i find they are F****N useless not going into too much detail failed tra at first they tried to blame me for not giving them enough info(....i thought thats what i was paying them for to prepare my application.....)sent main application by courier and somehow it took two and a half months to get there in between getting lost on the way and having them speak rudely to you down the phone there staff are not skilled just call centre bufoons my app form has gone missing again so i've told them to F**k off and me and my two jack russells are doing it and i must say my jack nasties are doing a better job ........so overall i would say global visas are a monument of stupidity