Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone heard from Bundy recently

Anyone heard from Bundy recently

Old Aug 17th 2005, 9:45 pm
Forum Regular

bex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nice
Default Anyone heard from Bundy recently

I just wondered if anyone had heard from Bundy recently and wondered how Bundy mum was doing ?
Old Aug 18th 2005, 7:22 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone heard from Bundy recently

Originally Posted by bex 66
I just wondered if anyone had heard from Bundy recently and wondered how Bundy mum was doing ?

I emailed her a couple of weeks ago, but havent heard from her yet.
dunno if simone or anyone else has heard from her recently.

sue
Old Aug 18th 2005, 7:38 am
Forum Regular

bex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nice

I really hope things are ok with her and her family, I think about her often
Old Aug 24th 2005, 8:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Un-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Guys. I haven't been around here properly in yonks but just saw this and wanted to put your minds at rest. I got an email yesterday and both she and BM are doing well.
Old Aug 24th 2005, 8:17 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Un-Co
Hi Guys. I haven't been around here properly in yonks but just saw this and wanted to put your minds at rest. I got an email yesterday and both she and BM are doing well.
excellent!
can you pass on a message to her for me?
I dont work at the college any more so i dont have access to my emails.....and her email addresss was on my college service! so i havent been not emailing her on purpose...i just dont have her email address!

cheers,

Sue
Old Aug 24th 2005, 12:17 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Afternoon all, here I am at long last (thanks Simone for the metaphorical kick up the backside ).

I am very well indeed, thanks. I've just finished running the new set of summer schools I've been involved with which I have to say was the most intensive, stressful, enjoyable, rewarding fortnight of my life! Since starting my new job my feet have barely touched the ground, having been chucked straight in at the deep end with helping run someone else's summer school in my second week, and then charging headlong into my very own summer school after only 6 weeks. Talk about flying by the seat of my pants! Since this is the first year the uni has run this particular programme, no one knew what we were supposed to be doing, so we were very much making it up as we went along - not easy with 135 11-16yr old gifted and talented kids! We had more than our fair share of dramas but these were outweighed by the fact that the kids were fantastic and seeing them change before our eyes was a rewarding thing indeed.

With all this going on, the rest of my life has been whizzing past - I've really settled in up here, can now drive around on autopilot without getting completely lost, have fallen in love with the hills, and have been working on mangling my southern vowels into some semblance of northernism with mixed success (although I did come out with master rather than maaarster the other day ). Love life progressing very well indeed but won't say more about that for fear of being leapt upon again.

As for BundyMum, she's doing really well. I was given a day off during the summer school and we hoofed it down to Cambridge to see the BundyParents who were over for 10 days or so. It was an emotional time because BM wasn't supposed to be able to travel ever again, and it's taken a lot of grit and determination to get her here. Also, as she grew up in Cambridge and is unlikely ever to be able to visit again, it was doubly poignant. BM lost a lot of hair as a result, unfairly, of the tamoxifen rather than the chemo and although it's most grown back, it's very short - I hadn't seen it, so it was a shock when she opened the door and looked very much like my granny. However, seeing her motoring around the house without using her sticks, walking freely with just a light corset for support, was pretty amazing to say the least.

BM went back to see her cancer consultant last week who told her that her progress was, as usual, nothing short of miraculous, and told her to go away and enjoy life with just some low level monitoring until something else flares up. As ever, we have absolutely no idea how long she'll be sticking around, but at the moment she is fighting fit, with the emphasis firmly on fighting. Her pain meds have been reduced, her mobility is vastly improved, she is in no pain and is able to function fairly normally again (as in she's allowed back into the kitchen to cook, and can do a spot of ironing - I'd have thought any excuse to get out of these two would have been worth milking, but there we go!). She wants to go back to work but she's been banned and told that she should be spending *quality time* with my dad etc etc. We do have to remind her every now and then that she has been incredibly ill and deserves a bit of a rest, but she missing meeting people.

She's been doing loads for her hospice and the local paper did an article on her and her experience of the hospice last month. She's still planning to write something about tackling cancer head on and is furiously scribbling her diary each day for her dutiful daughter to type up in her absence. Now that her pain medication has been reduced, she gets much less tired and is a lot more lucid which terrifies the rest of us because we can't get anything past her anymore!

So, all in all, things are looking good, for now at least. We're all still scared of the monsters lurking, inevitably, round the corner but you can't think like that. For now she's well and she's happy and that makes the rest of us happy too.

Anyway, I'm currently sat at home with a stinking post-summer school cold planning a quick week in the sun in September. Any ideas?! All I need is sun, heat, beach and/or pool and no crowds. Answers on a postcard (or PM), please.

Hope you're all well,

Bundy xx
Old Aug 24th 2005, 12:21 pm
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bundy
Afternoon all, here I am at long last (thanks Simone for the metaphorical kick up the backside ).

I am very well indeed, thanks. I've just finished running the new set of summer schools I've been involved with which I have to say was the most intensive, stressful, enjoyable, rewarding fortnight of my life! Since starting my new job my feet have barely touched the ground, having been chucked straight in at the deep end with helping run someone else's summer school in my second week, and then charging headlong into my very own summer school after only 6 weeks. Talk about flying by the seat of my pants! Since this is the first year the uni has run this particular programme, no one knew what we were supposed to be doing, so we were very much making it up as we went along - not easy with 135 11-16yr old gifted and talented kids! We had more than our fair share of dramas but these were outweighed by the fact that the kids were fantastic and seeing them change before our eyes was a rewarding thing indeed.

With all this going on, the rest of my life has been whizzing past - I've really settled in up here, can now drive around on autopilot without getting completely lost, have fallen in love with the hills, and have been working on mangling my southern vowels into some semblance of northernism with mixed success (although I did come out with master rather than maaarster the other day ). Love life progressing very well indeed but won't say more about that for fear of being leapt upon again.

As for BundyMum, she's doing really well. I was given a day off during the summer school and we hoofed it down to Cambridge to see the BundyParents who were over for 10 days or so. It was an emotional time because BM wasn't supposed to be able to travel ever again, and it's taken a lot of grit and determination to get her here. Also, as she grew up in Cambridge and is unlikely ever to be able to visit again, it was doubly poignant. BM lost a lot of hair as a result, unfairly, of the tamoxifen rather than the chemo and although it's most grown back, it's very short - I hadn't seen it, so it was a shock when she opened the door and looked very much like my granny. However, seeing her motoring around the house without using her sticks, walking freely with just a light corset for support, was pretty amazing to say the least.

BM went back to see her cancer consultant last week who told her that her progress was, as usual, nothing short of miraculous, and told her to go away and enjoy life with just some low level monitoring until something else flares up. As ever, we have absolutely no idea how long she'll be sticking around, but at the moment she is fighting fit, with the emphasis firmly on fighting. Her pain meds have been reduced, her mobility is vastly improved, she is in no pain and is able to function fairly normally again (as in she's allowed back into the kitchen to cook, and can do a spot of ironing - I'd have thought any excuse to get out of these two would have been worth milking, but there we go!). She wants to go back to work but she's been banned and told that she should be spending *quality time* with my dad etc etc. We do have to remind her every now and then that she has been incredibly ill and deserves a bit of a rest, but she missing meeting people.

She's been doing loads for her hospice and the local paper did an article on her and her experience of the hospice last month. She's still planning to write something about tackling cancer head on and is furiously scribbling her diary each day for her dutiful daughter to type up in her absence. Now that her pain medication has been reduced, she gets much less tired and is a lot more lucid which terrifies the rest of us because we can't get anything past her anymore!

So, all in all, things are looking good, for now at least. We're all still scared of the monsters lurking, inevitably, round the corner but you can't think like that. For now she's well and she's happy and that makes the rest of us happy too.

Anyway, I'm currently sat at home with a stinking post-summer school cold planning a quick week in the sun in September. Any ideas?! All I need is sun, heat, beach and/or pool and no crowds. Answers on a postcard (or PM), please.

Hope you're all well,

Bundy xx
I recently went to Hayle in Cornwall and it was very quiete with great beaches and well all you need is the weather....
Old Aug 24th 2005, 12:23 pm
Professional Princess

Bundy!

I cant believe it about your mum. Having been there myself back in March, and my mum too defied doctors.

I think our mums have been secretly hobnobbing and planning ways to prove the medics wrong.

Dont let anyone jump on you and grab your happiness with both hands. Anyone who says differently can piss off.

Why not go to Cyprus, its got great weather at the mo and flights are good.

Thailand is dirt cheap too. Depends how far you want to go I suppose.

Dont you dare leave this board for so long again.

Old Aug 24th 2005, 12:24 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Hi ya Bunster!
Great to hear your news. So glad to hear your Mum is on the up. Hugsxxx
Old Aug 24th 2005, 12:26 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Bundy!

I cant believe it about your mum. Having been there myself back in March, and my mum too defied doctors.

I think our mums have been secretly hobnobbing and planning ways to prove the medics wrong.

Dont let anyone jump on you and grab your happiness with both hands. Anyone who says differently can piss off.

Why not go to Cyprus, its got great weather at the mo and flights are good.

Thailand is dirt cheap too. Depends how far you want to go I suppose.

Dont you dare leave this board for so long again.
Cyprus sounds good.....I keep getting onto lastminute and confusing myself with all the choice. Helps to be able to pinpoint it a bit.

Mum's, eh. I'm beginning to believe that maybe mine isn't all human, in the nicest possible sense. You know those candles you blow out but they keep re-lighting.......?
Old Aug 24th 2005, 12:36 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Afternoon all, here I am at long last.
Can't stay away can you ?

Good news on all fronts........good to hear.

Stay foot loose and fancy free
Old Aug 24th 2005, 12:38 pm
She's a bird, you know

Originally Posted by Bix
Can't stay away can you ?

Good news on all fronts........good to hear.

Stay foot loose and fancy free

Still waiting for you to chuck me a bone, Bixie old boy. How's tricks with the Bix clan?

PS - cheek
Old Aug 24th 2005, 12:59 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Still waiting for you to chuck me a bone, Bixie old boy. How's tricks with the Bix clan?

PS - cheek
Tis grand thanks Bundster.

The progress continues........latest was getting my Aus driving licence.

Next big target is citizenship.

I reckon a mayorship within 5 years
Old Aug 24th 2005, 1:01 pm
She's a bird, you know

Originally Posted by Bix
Tis grand thanks Bundster.

The progress continues........latest was getting my Aus driving licence.

Next big target is citizenship.

I reckon a mayorship within 5 years

Mayor Bix. Sounds good. Any developments on the pasty-making business?
Old Aug 24th 2005, 1:05 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Mayor Bix. Sounds good. Any developments on the pasty-making business?
No.....but I reckon it would be a goer.
They love their pies here and any time I feel sad I look at their pasties.....really good for a laugh.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.