Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

anyone heading for cairns towards end of year

anyone heading for cairns towards end of year

Old Sep 7th 2008, 9:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: anyone heading for cairns towards end of year

Originally Posted by wardy2
January 6th we leave.

Originally Posted by rachaey
hi we are heading out 23rd nov, arrive in cairns 7 th dec be good to organise a meet for the new arrivals if anyone up for it
rach x

Rach, where are you going en route?
Hopefully there will be a pre-Christmas meet & then we'll have to organise another one in the New Year to welcome Kaye!
Old Sep 7th 2008, 9:39 am
Forum Regular

rachaey has a spectacular aura aboutrachaey has a spectacular aura aboutrachaey has a spectacular aura about

hi sallyclare, we are stopping in singapore for 4 nights, sydney for 3 nights then on to brissy for 3 0r 4 nights and maybe gold coast for a few not booked brissy yet tho, we are so excited and looking forward to our hols on the way there, be great to have a christmas night out to look forward to, when will you be there,
love rach
Old Sep 7th 2008, 10:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

hi sallyclare, we are stopping in singapore for 4 nights, sydney for 3 nights then on to brissy for 3 0r 4 nights and maybe gold coast for a few not booked brissy yet tho, we are so excited and looking forward to our hols on the way there, be great to have a christmas night out to look forward to, when will you be there,
love rach
We are hoping to leave end of Oct, will have made definite plans by the end of today if I get my way OH being rather slow at the mo!
We are also thinking of a few nights in Singapore & Sydney en route. Think I will need a holiday by then!
Do you have jobs lined up? What areas are you looking to live in?
I was thinking possibly Redlynch as the school sounds good but am going with an open mind until we see for ourselves.
Old Sep 7th 2008, 2:48 pm
Forum Regular

rachaey has a spectacular aura aboutrachaey has a spectacular aura aboutrachaey has a spectacular aura about

hi, we are also looking at redlych because of the school we have 3 little ones, i also like kewwara beach and trinity beach but gonna see when we get there, i have a job on the childrens ward at the base hospital i start end of jan, hubby not got one yet he is a plant operator and he is hoping to get in the mines,just sold our house and living with my parents
cheers rach
Old Sep 7th 2008, 3:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

hi, we are also looking at redlych because of the school we have 3 little ones, i also like kewwara beach and trinity beach but gonna see when we get there, i have a job on the childrens ward at the base hospital i start end of jan, hubby not got one yet he is a plant operator and he is hoping to get in the mines,just sold our house and living with my parents
cheers rach
Living with the parents....very brave!

And lucky you as you will have almost 2 months to get settled before starting work. I am hoping to push starting to the end of Nov as otherwise I think it will be really tiring. It's exciting isn't it?
Old Sep 7th 2008, 5:34 pm
Forum Regular

yes we are all very excited but also dreading the goodbyes i am very close to mr parents although they might be glad to see me go by then 7 people in a 3 bedroom can be tense at times, are you at the hospital, what ward are you going on
cheers rach
Old Sep 7th 2008, 5:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

desperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of light

Just wanted to say how jealous I am of all you lucky people moving to Cairns, it's a lovely place and if hubby didn't have to find work (hes in IT) then it would be the place we'd move to without a doubt

Good luck everyone

Lindsay
Old Sep 7th 2008, 6:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

yes we are all very excited but also dreading the goodbyes i am very close to mr parents although they might be glad to see me go by then 7 people in a 3 bedroom can be tense at times, are you at the hospital, what ward are you going on
cheers rach
Have interview for renal dialysis unit at CBH on Wed night, wish me luck please
It will be hard to leave your folks if you are close

Originally Posted by desperatehousewife
Just wanted to say how jealous I am of all you lucky people moving to Cairns, it's a lovely place and if hubby didn't have to find work (hes in IT) then it would be the place we'd move to without a doubt

Good luck everyone

Lindsay
Thanks Lindsay! Wish you were going there too, we could have been diet buddies
Old Sep 7th 2008, 6:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

desperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
Have interview for renal dialysis unit at CBH on Wed night, wish me luck please
It will be hard to leave your folks if you are close

Good luck SC!

Thanks Lindsay! Wish you were going there too, we could have been diet buddies
Is that a good or bad thing!

Lindsay x
Old Sep 12th 2008, 3:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Bix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond repute

hi we are heading out 23rd nov, arrive in cairns 7 th dec be good to organise a meet for the new arrivals if anyone up for it
rach x

Hi rachaey

A meet up round Christmas for all the new arrivals would be good! I've done the last few so hope someone else will take it on next time!

You are arriving just b4 Christmas so I thought I would tell you abt the fantastic FREE firework display on New Years Eve on the Esplanade - we love it! One at abt 9 (for the kids) then another at midnight how good is that!

Take care
Gill

Last edited by Bix da Boss; Sep 12th 2008 at 3:32 am.
Old Sep 12th 2008, 6:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Bix da Boss
Hi rachaey

A meet up round Christmas for all the new arrivals would be good! I've done the last few so hope someone else will take it on next time!

You are arriving just b4 Christmas so I thought I would tell you abt the fantastic FREE firework display on New Years Eve on the Esplanade - we love it! One at abt 9 (for the kids) then another at midnight how good is that!

Take care
Gill
That sounds great Gill
Old Sep 12th 2008, 7:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Bix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
That sounds great Gill

We'll see what we can do then eh No doubt, I will end up organising it again!!

Or did you mean the fireworks
Old Sep 12th 2008, 7:54 am
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

bugger I miss everything. how did the interview go SC we had a thread wishing you good luck we are all waiting to hear

Kaye
Old Sep 12th 2008, 8:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Bix da Boss
We'll see what we can do then eh No doubt, I will end up organising it again!!

Or did you mean the fireworks
Both actually! Really looking forward to meeting everyone, will be nice to put faces to names

Originally Posted by wardy2
bugger I miss everything. how did the interview go SC we had a thread wishing you good luck we are all waiting to hear

Kaye
All went well & they have e-mailed for references. I feel really excited about working there & having a change of speciality. They will meet us at the airport & have offered 2 weeks accomodation which is such a help.
Can't wait to go now, pity we have to pack up our house & say all those goodbyes
Old Sep 12th 2008, 12:40 pm
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

thats great news, I will keep my fingers crossed it all works out for you.

goodbyes are the worst

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.