Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone have any experience with Pet Shippers?

Anyone have any experience with Pet Shippers?

Old Jan 19th 2004, 10:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Rudy is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Anyone have any experience with Pet Shippers?

Hi all,

Does anyone have any recommendations for which pet shippers to use?

I have to start making the arrangements for my pooch and I am terrified that something will happen to her. I would rather pay more and know that she will be in safe hands and treated well, than go cheap and have something go wrong!

Thanks,
Hazel
Old Jan 19th 2004, 10:48 am
Just Joined

mamp is an unknown quantity at this point

Have used Airpets. They are based near heathrow. I have used them twice. Outwould journey to Aus. Also to America. I had 2 cats. they were great.
Old Jan 19th 2004, 11:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by mamp
Have used Airpets. They are based near heathrow. I have used them twice. Outwould journey to Aus. Also to America. I had 2 cats. they were great.
Thanks, I have a quote from them. The only people I've contacted so far. Did your pets suffer any ill effects from the journey's?

My dog is like a baby, I think she is going to have a hard time in quarantine as she has never been away from home. She is still a young dog though (she's 5 this year) so I think she will be okay.
Old Jan 19th 2004, 12:42 pm
Just Joined

mamp is an unknown quantity at this point

Rudy, it's amazing how resilient our pets are. The cats were fine. they spent 30 days in quarantine and i didn't even have to keep them in.I let them out after 12 hours. They were delighted with there new enviroment and to be with the family again. In fact we are moving again this time to the Middle East. I have a quote for the cats and they are ready to travel again. They seem to cope better than we think.
Airpets were great and if i was in the UK again i wouldn't hesitate to use them again.
Old Jan 20th 2004, 11:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by mamp
Rudy, it's amazing how resilient our pets are. The cats were fine. they spent 30 days in quarantine and i didn't even have to keep them in.I let them out after 12 hours. They were delighted with there new enviroment and to be with the family again. In fact we are moving again this time to the Middle East. I have a quote for the cats and they are ready to travel again. They seem to cope better than we think.
Airpets were great and if i was in the UK again i wouldn't hesitate to use them again.
Thanks again Mamp, that is very reassuring! I have e-mailed another couple of animal shippers but I think I will stick with airpets.

Hazel.
Old Jan 20th 2004, 7:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Roger is a jewel in the roughRoger is a jewel in the roughRoger is a jewel in the roughRoger is a jewel in the rough

I used Golden Arrow for my Lab to NZ. They organised all the blood/poo tests (sent packs for the vet), picked her up and did the final paperwork at their kennel. Bit more expensive for the five star service (£1900)

Molly came out a few weeks after us and stayed with friends. I did not want any complications for them. Company very understanding when we cancelled her for a few weeks - didn't even charge for the extra tests.

Molly apppeared very worried when we saw her in the crate. However once she recognised us and went on her first walk she bounced back.
Roger
Old Jan 20th 2004, 9:41 pm
Merlot

Default Re: Anyone have any experience with Pet Shippers?

Originally posted by Rudy
Hi all,

Does anyone have any recommendations for which pet shippers to use?

I have to start making the arrangements for my pooch and I am terrified that something will happen to her. I would rather pay more and know that she will be in safe hands and treated well, than go cheap and have something go wrong!

Thanks,
Hazel
Hi Hazel

I am going through this from Oz to the UK so know how you feel.

I have been reassured by people that have done it that the pets are fine.

Good luck
Merlot the Cat Owner