Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone from Hampshire going to Melbourne?

Anyone from Hampshire going to Melbourne?

Old Mar 17th 2005, 7:03 pm
Fee
Just Joined

Fee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone from Hampshire going to Melbourne?

Hi,
My name's Fiona (Fee) I'm off to Melbourne in October with my husband Antony (Ant) and our 3 kids- 2 boys-16 and 9 and one girl 5. We live in Portcheser near Fareham. This is the first time ive been on this forum, just wondered if there is anyone else from around here wanting to meet up for a chat/drink to calm my nerves as starting to feel scared as the time gets closer!!
Old Mar 17th 2005, 7:19 pm

fireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nice
Default Re: Anyone from Hampshire going to Melbourne?

Originally Posted by Fee
Hi,
My name's Fiona (Fee) I'm off to Melbourne in October with my husband Antony (Ant) and our 3 kids- 2 boys-16 and 9 and one girl 5. We live in Portcheser near Fareham. This is the first time ive been on this forum, just wondered if there is anyone else from around here wanting to meet up for a chat/drink to calm my nerves as starting to feel scared as the time gets closer!!
Hi Fiona and welcome to the site. I was brought up in Hampshire but haven't lived there for 20 years, but I recently moved to Melbourne. Just in case you missed them, there are a couple of threads that might interest you. One is about people from Hampshire meeting up

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...64#post2158364

and another is about positive vibes from Melbourne

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...58#post2159158

Good luck with your plans, you'll find this site helpful, and friendly.

Carl
Old Mar 17th 2005, 7:32 pm
Fee
Just Joined

Originally Posted by fireeater
Hi Fiona and welcome to the site. I was brought up in Hampshire but haven't lived there for 20 years, but I recently moved to Melbourne. Just in case you missed them, there are a couple of threads that might interest you. One is about people from Hampshire meeting up

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...64#post2158364

and another is about positive vibes from Melbourne

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...58#post2159158

Good luck with your plans, you'll find this site helpful, and friendly.

Carl
Thanks Carl, Will have a look at those threads.Where abouts in Melbourne do you live? We are thinking about going to Patterson Lakes,have you heard of it and if so what's it like?
Old Mar 17th 2005, 7:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

chr1sarter has a spectacular aura aboutchr1sarter has a spectacular aura aboutchr1sarter has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Fee
Hi,
Fee,
There are a few of us in Hampshire, and some very close to you. Were in Fareham, but moving to Perth at begining of August.
A thread was started a few days back for hampshire people to meet over easter. Have a read of the thread.. Im hoping that we can all get togther soon, but need to wait for everyone to come back to me.
Old Mar 17th 2005, 7:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

chr1sarter has a spectacular aura aboutchr1sarter has a spectacular aura aboutchr1sarter has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Fee
Hi,
Fee,
There are a few of us in Hampshire, and some very close to you. Were in Fareham, but moving to Perth at begining of August.
A thread was started a few days back for hampshire people to meet over easter. Have a read of the thread.. Im hoping that we can all get togther soon, but need to wait for everyone to come back to me.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ight=hampshire
Old Mar 17th 2005, 7:46 pm
Fee
Just Joined

Originally Posted by chr1sarter
Fee,

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ight=hampshire
Will definately be up for meeting up with people, just let us know when and where.
Fee
Old Mar 17th 2005, 7:52 pm

fireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nice

Originally Posted by Fee
Thanks Carl, Will have a look at those threads.Where abouts in Melbourne do you live? We are thinking about going to Patterson Lakes,have you heard of it and if so what's it like?
I live in Williamstown in the South West whereas Patterson Lakes is on the East near Frankston. It is a fair way from the CBD but you'll find a lot of expats have moved to the SE suburbs and love it. I've not been there so can't comment more....

At the top of your page you have a seach button. If you enter "Melbourne", "Melbourne Suburbs" or even "Patterson Lakes" you'll find some stuff.

And life in Melbourne is great

Carl
Old Mar 17th 2005, 8:07 pm
Visa Granted-MT Eliza 06

gladiatorjw will become famous soon enough

Fiona, Hi we are going to Melbourne area. We are nr Newbury in Berkshire and would also welcome a meet. We ahve 2 boys 13yrs, and 10yrs.

Originally Posted by Fee
Hi,
Old Mar 17th 2005, 8:11 pm
Fee
Just Joined

I live in Williamstown in the South West whereas Patterson Lakes is on the East near Frankston. It is a fair way from the CBD but you'll find a lot of expats have moved to the SE suburbs and love it. I've not been there so can't comment more....

At the top of your page you have a seach button. If you enter "Melbourne", "Melbourne Suburbs" or even "Patterson Lakes" you'll find some stuff.

And life in Melbourne is great

Carl
So glad to hear that life in Melboune is great. Am feeling more positive already!

Fee
Old Mar 17th 2005, 8:19 pm
Fee
Just Joined

Originally Posted by gladiatorjw
Fiona, Hi we are going to Melbourne area. We are nr Newbury in Berkshire and would also welcome a meet. We ahve 2 boys 13yrs, and 10yrs.
When are you off to Melbourne and where abouts are you going? It would be good to meet up and great for the kids too.
Old Mar 17th 2005, 8:23 pm

Originally Posted by Fee
So glad to hear that life in Melboune is great. Am feeling more positive already!

Fee
Good, positive feelings help But remember to be realistic. It's a great adventure, but not right for everyone, so when you read threads don't take everything too literally but remember that people see things differently based on their own personal make-up and experiences.

Not to mention the visa process, house selling, difficult family members, etc...

But you'll certainly get empathy, sympathy and support from this site and the whole emigration thing is worth all the hassles if it makes your dreams come true.

Best of luck

Carl
Old Mar 17th 2005, 8:39 pm
Fee
Just Joined

Good, positive feelings help But remember to be realistic. It's a great adventure, but not right for everyone, so when you read threads don't take everything too literally but remember that people see things differently based on their own personal make-up and experiences.

Not to mention the visa process, house selling, difficult family members, etc...

But you'll certainly get empathy, sympathy and support from this site and the whole emigration thing is worth all the hassles if it makes your dreams come true.

Best of luck

Carl
Thanks Carl, it's been really good to talk to you. It's only been recently that i haven't felt so positive, i think as the time draws nearer i've been thinking more and more about leaving all of my friends and family and the fact that i dont know a single person in Oz! We've decided to rent our house out for a couple of years to start with so if things dont work out we can come back but hopefully we'll love it. Anyway i must go and get stuff ready for work tomorrow so i'll say bye.

Thanks again

Fee
Old Mar 17th 2005, 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by Fee
Thanks Carl, it's been really good to talk to you. It's only been recently that i haven't felt so positive, i think as the time draws nearer i've been thinking more and more about leaving all of my friends and family and the fact that i dont know a single person in Oz! We've decided to rent our house out for a couple of years to start with so if things dont work out we can come back but hopefully we'll love it. Anyway i must go and get stuff ready for work tomorrow so i'll say bye.

Thanks again

Fee
Take it easy and speak to you again soon

Carl
Old Mar 18th 2005, 1:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Robbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by chr1sarter
Fee,
I would love to come, and have bounced the Hampshire thread a couple of times to keep it near the top! Problem is, I am supposed to be working Sat 26th, but if everyone else can make it, I'll try and change my day.
Please keep in touch!
Robbo2.
Old Mar 18th 2005, 2:08 pm
Forum Regular

chaleyscott will become famous soon enoughchaleyscott will become famous soon enough

Hello fee

We live in knowle village, fareham.we are off to Melbourne sometime this year and have chosen the Mornington penninsular area to settle. Me and my wife are 30 and we have two small children, 3 and 4.

Regards

Mike and Chaley Scott

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.