Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone had their medicals done in Brighton??

Anyone had their medicals done in Brighton??

Old Mar 1st 2006, 1:21 pm
An Official Visa Holder

toon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond repute
Default Anyone had their medicals done in Brighton??

We have got to that time now where we need to get medicals done, have already got a quote from Gatwick, but in order to keep costs minimal we are also looking at Brighton, so just wondered if there was anyone with any experiences thay they would like to share with us!!??!?!?!

Please feel free to PM if you dont wish to disclose any info on main site!

Thanks
Old Mar 1st 2006, 5:46 pm
An Official Visa Holder

toon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone had their medicals done in Brighton??

Originally Posted by toon williams
We have got to that time now where we need to get medicals done, have already got a quote from Gatwick, but in order to keep costs minimal we are also looking at Brighton, so just wondered if there was anyone with any experiences thay they would like to share with us!!??!?!?!

Thanks

BUMP!!!
Old Mar 1st 2006, 6:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

BobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of light

Brighton experiences???

Mmmmmm.....this could go anywhere

You could try asking Fat Boy Slim, Chris Eubank.......or Boy George, Elton John....

Seriously:

Wouldn't it be fair to say that to a large extent the medical process is pretty much the same no matter where you go and, at the end of the day, given the importance of the medicals, wouldn't you be better off, if you can, to make sure you get the best possible service regardless of the cost?

For example, since day 1 we've paid what I consider to be over the odds for various things from courier charges to medicals. At the end of the day though, we've been able to track everything and are safe in the knowledge that everything that's been sent to Aus has been delivered and signed-for, regardless of what the final out come may be?

Best of luck whatever you decide

BD
Old Mar 1st 2006, 6:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Lal Lal a rural community outside Ballarat VIC, previously Kent England
oliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond repute

The meds are expensive i agree. If you have the time and inclination I would recommend having a hunt around for a cheaper one. If I'd had the time Id have done the same... good luck and keep us posted.

Lisa.x
Old Mar 1st 2006, 7:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

selina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by toon williams

Thanks
hi, we had our medicals done by Dr Adams in Saltdean who is on the panel list. xrays were done at the Nuffield in Woodingdean. Dr Adams has been excellent. my son and husband had abnormal chest xrays showing potential problems with their hearts. so they have had to have and ECHO and heart MRI done etc. Dr Adams has been very helpfull with all of this and i would recomend him. medicals were £115 for my son and husband and £170 for me as i am a nurse and need extra tests done, xrays were £79 each.

selina x
Old Mar 1st 2006, 8:09 pm
An Official Visa Holder

Originally Posted by selina
hi, we had our medicals done by Dr Adams in Saltdean who is on the panel list. xrays were done at the Nuffield in Woodingdean. Dr Adams has been excellent. my son and husband had abnormal chest xrays showing potential problems with their hearts. so they have had to have and ECHO and heart MRI done etc. Dr Adams has been very helpfull with all of this and i would recomend him. medicals were £115 for my son and husband and £170 for me as i am a nurse and need extra tests done, xrays were £79 each.

selina x

Thank you Selina, very helpful!! Will give him a call tomorrow!
Old Mar 1st 2006, 8:13 pm
s**t rolls down hill

sparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud of

don't know about Brighton, but we've got ours in Birmingham tomorrow :scared: :scared:
Old Mar 1st 2006, 8:13 pm
An Official Visa Holder

Originally Posted by BobbyDazzler
Brighton experiences???

Wouldn't it be fair to say that to a large extent the medical process is pretty much the same no matter where you go and, at the end of the day, given the importance of the medicals, wouldn't you be better off, if you can, to make sure you get the best possible service regardless of the cost?

For example, since day 1 we've paid what I consider to be over the odds for various things from courier charges to medicals. At the end of the day though, we've been able to track everything and are safe in the knowledge that everything that's been sent to Aus has been delivered and signed-for, regardless of what the final out come may be?

Best of luck whatever you decide

BD

I would of thought the same as you that medicals are the same through out, but having read many threads on here about it, I think they are very different, all the doctors seem to do different things!!

I agree with what you say about the money thing, I think we just felt that if we could save SOME money then it would be good, especially as, if I am understanding the process properly, you dont even get to see the bloody report when it is done, even though you have spent so much money getting it!!

BUT like everyone will say, it is all worth it in the end!!!
Old Mar 1st 2006, 8:14 pm
Forum Regular

sinsbury family will become famous soon enough

Chichester isn`t too far from you. Xrays at the hospital were £60 each and the medicals were £85 for adults and £50 for kids and an extra £25 for the blood tests. Why not give them a ring as they were very friendly.

Andy
Old Mar 1st 2006, 9:07 pm
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

My wife had hers done at Gatwick.

Everything was all done close together ie blood tests and x-rays. They do all the medicals for the pilots so we also were in and out very quickly.

Didnt occur to us to check out different prices - thought they were all around the same - how much different is Brighton?

Your travelling from Redhill arent you? wouldnt this mean additional travel costs?