Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

anyone had a skill assessment from aim?

anyone had a skill assessment from aim?

Old Nov 27th 2002, 5:43 pm
Just Joined

ann t is an unknown quantity at this point
Question anyone had a skill assessment from aim?

Has anyone had a positive skill assessment from AIM. We have been told by agent that it is virtually impossible if you do not have a degree.
Old Nov 27th 2002, 6:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

mashiraz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: anyone had a skill assessment from aim?

Hi Ann,

Yes I got a positive skills assessment, I was told the same thing by an agent and to be fair the first time I applied I was rejected.

I applied under General Manager - For this you need 5 years experience managing managers at a senior level. You need to be totally accountable for your area of the business ie manage budgets and P&L.

I was given 1 year 'grace' for my post grad diploma in marketing. (I don't have a degree), and needed 4 years experience. I waited 2 years and applied again, and was ok.

Hope this is helpful. You only know by applying - They took only 3 weeks to reply.
Any other questions, just ask.

Mash..

Originally posted by ann t
Has anyone had a positive skill assessment from AIM. We have been told by agent that it is virtually impossible if you do not have a degree.
Old Nov 27th 2002, 6:51 pm
Just Joined

Default thanks mish

Thanks very much for your prompt reply, it was encouraging. However, hubby is 43 now and I think we are cutting it close for application. We have sent off form signed by CEO of company. He has 9 years experience as senior manager. Also have enclosed all the info on his job and the company, also signed by the CEO. Oh and yes - the payment. Keep your fingers crossed for us.
Old Nov 27th 2002, 7:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

mashiraz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: thanks mish

Best of luck and let us know the outcome. It's the start of a long process....

Hopefully my wait is nearly over. Applied Sept 2001, waiting nearly 15 months so far for visa. Maybe next year...

Mash... (yes could also be known 'mishmash' !!

Thanks very much for your prompt reply, it was encouraging. However, hubby is 43 now and I think we are cutting it close for application. We have sent off form signed by CEO of company. He has 9 years experience as senior manager. Also have enclosed all the info on his job and the company, also signed by the CEO. Oh and yes - the payment. Keep your fingers crossed for us.
Old Nov 28th 2002, 1:56 am
BE Enthusiast

jeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant future

You mentioned your husband is 43, if I may ask why are you wanting to live in another country?,
Old Nov 28th 2002, 6:12 pm
Just Joined

Originally posted by jeannie
You mentioned your husband is 43, if I may ask why are you wanting to live in another country?,

Re why are we wanting to live in another country if Hubby is 43 - Why not? My parents and four of my five brothers are in Aus. I have been on holiday there five times - I love the place but until recently could not persuade Hubby to go until now. By the way I am 48 (He is my toyboy).
Old Nov 28th 2002, 6:15 pm
Just Joined

Originally posted by mashiraz
Best of luck and let us know the outcome. It's the start of a long process....

Hopefully my wait is nearly over. Applied Sept 2001, waiting nearly 15 months so far for visa. Maybe next year...

Mash... (yes could also be known 'mishmash' !!

Sorry Mash

I was so excited at getting a reply to my question I mis-typed.

Hope you get your PR soon. Let me know

Ann