Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone had medicals done in Middlesbrough?

Anyone had medicals done in Middlesbrough?

Old Jun 17th 2006, 3:04 pm
We're here and it's fab

Mark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to all
Default Anyone had medicals done in Middlesbrough?

Hi

We are due to have our medicals in 4 weeks in Middlesbrough and just wondered if anyone has any experience of the medicals / x-ray process there?

Notice that tests seem to vary from region to region so am curious as to what type of tests they do in Middlesbrough.

Think this is the part of the process we are dreading most - my husband hasn't seen a doctor in 22 years and my daughter won't let anyone see her in her underwear!!! :scared:

Hope someone can reassure me.

Ali X
Old Jun 17th 2006, 3:21 pm
Just Joined

mr&mrsjames has a brilliant futuremr&mrsjames has a brilliant futuremr&mrsjames has a brilliant futuremr&mrsjames has a brilliant futuremr&mrsjames has a brilliant futuremr&mrsjames has a brilliant futuremr&mrsjames has a brilliant future
Default Re: Anyone had medicals done in Middlesbrough?

Originally Posted by Mark & Ali
Hi

We are due to have our medicals in 4 weeks in Middlesbrough and just wondered if anyone has any experience of the medicals / x-ray process there?

Notice that tests seem to vary from region to region so am curious as to what type of tests they do in Middlesbrough.

Think this is the part of the process we are dreading most - my husband hasn't seen a doctor in 22 years and my daughter won't let anyone see her in her underwear!!! :scared:

Ali X

Hi
We are from Middlesbrough too but when we tried to get booked in there was a waiting list of four weeks so we went to Newcastle, to get them both done within 5 days and the Doctor was very good with us.
Old Jun 17th 2006, 4:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

lollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mark & Ali
Hi

Ali X
Hi Ali

I had mine and my sons meds done in Middlesbrough.

I had the x rays taken at a private clinic on marton road. took about a week to two weeks to get them back. I had the other part of the medical at North Ormesby Medical Centre

They checked my blood pressure, height, weight, sigth and then had to give a water sample as did my son..not sure whether he gave a water sample..seems so long ago.

Had to pay on the day for both sorry cant remember how much.

hope this helps...
Old Jun 17th 2006, 4:20 pm
Just Joined

NorthernLass is on a distinguished road

hi

We had our medicals done in Middlesbrough about 6 weeks ago and got our visa 2 days ago!!!! The medicals are ok, we had our 2 daughters aged 13 1nd 14 and they were nervous too. The medicals are pretty straight forward and your daughter will only have to remove her shoes to have her height taken. Blood tests for all persons over 15. Everyone one has height, weight, blood pressure, eye test, ears checked, reflexes checked, urine test, it is pretty basic. Although for women there is a breast check but you can decline if you are really against it.

For the Xray there is a changing room and a gown so nobody will have to pose naked.

Hope this helps!
Jill

PS be ready for a shock when you see the medical center!
Old Jun 17th 2006, 4:49 pm
We're here and it's fab

Mark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to all

Originally Posted by NorthernLass
hi

We had our medicals done in Middlesbrough about 6 weeks ago and got our visa 2 days ago!!!! The medicals are ok, we had our 2 daughters aged 13 1nd 14 and they were nervous too. The medicals are pretty straight forward and your daughter will only have to remove her shoes to have her height taken. Blood tests for all persons over 15. Everyone one has height, weight, blood pressure, eye test, ears checked, reflexes checked, urine test, it is pretty basic. Although for women there is a breast check but you can decline if you are really against it.

For the Xray there is a changing room and a gown so nobody will have to pose naked.

Hope this helps!
Jill

PS be ready for a shock when you see the medical center!
Thanks NorthernLass seems fairly straightforward - what a relief. What's wrong with the medical centre? I live in Darlington so don't know the centre/area very well.

PS: Congratulations on the Visa. We're hoping to move out to the Brisbane area towards the end of the year as well.
Old Jun 17th 2006, 5:31 pm
Just Joined

NorthernLass is on a distinguished road

We are from Stockton and are planning on moving to Brisbane in Jan 2007, we are currently sat in the garden with a bottle of Moet and getting really excited about the move!! The place for the Xrays is ok but the main medical centre looks like a boarded up derelict building, lets put it this way you can't miss it!! If you need anymore info about anything or want to chat about the move just send me a msg!

Jill & Vince
Old Jun 17th 2006, 6:41 pm
Forum Regular

butch&shell is a jewel in the roughbutch&shell is a jewel in the roughbutch&shell is a jewel in the roughbutch&shell is a jewel in the roughbutch&shell is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by NorthernLass
We are from Stockton and are planning on moving to Brisbane in Jan 2007, we are currently sat in the garden with a bottle of Moet and getting really excited about the move!! The place for the Xrays is ok but the main medical centre looks like a boarded up derelict building, lets put it this way you can't miss it!! If you need anymore info about anything or want to chat about the move just send me a msg!

Jill & Vince

hi jill & vince

we had our meds done there same as lol1. we are currently renting in acklam sold our house back in oct(nunthorpe). our meds were unrequested and had them done back in may. had e-mail from LCU to confirm that they have been processed. we are on 136 MODL and still waiting. good luck.
Old Jun 17th 2006, 11:55 pm
surfer chic from Teesside

lauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond repute

Hi we had ours done in Mbro 2 years ago, from what I could remember it was fine, lady doctor was nice and just stright forwrd exrays etc....so long ago I cant remeber, but was nothing at all to worry about....

good luck

laura