Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone had a frozen chicken through their roof?

Wikiposts

Anyone had a frozen chicken through their roof?

Old Apr 14th 2005, 5:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Anyone had a frozen chicken through their roof?

Funny Old World

“Sometimes the unexpected happens,” said Premier Bob Carr in a statement to the New South Wales Parliament in Sydney, “that’s one of the interesting things about life here on this planet. And frozen chickens hurtling through the stratosphere, then smashing through roof tiles into people’s houses, is just one of the mysteries of existence. I can’t explain it. I had no role in it.”
Yeah, he says he had nothing to do with

Cheers,
JTL
Old Apr 14th 2005, 5:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Un-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone had a frozen chicken through their roof?

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
Funny Old World

Yeah, he says he had nothing to do with

Cheers,
JTL
I saw this on the news a couple of months back. It was hilarious. The policeman in charge was trying to be serious about the danger but kept smirking.
Old Apr 14th 2005, 5:55 pm

gedge has disabled reputation

Turned out to be an marketing ploy by "Chicken Tonight".
Old Apr 14th 2005, 5:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Un-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JulesandChris
Turned out to be an marketing ploy by "Chicken Tonight".
Am I being gullible or are you serious???
Old Apr 14th 2005, 5:58 pm

Originally Posted by Un-Co
Am I being gullible or are you serious???
pmsl
I feel like a chicken tonight!
Old Apr 14th 2005, 6:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

pmsl
I feel like a chicken tonight!
OK Now I'm gullible and dense . have mastered LOL and even ROFL but don't know what PMSL is. Oh it's one of those days!!!
Old Apr 14th 2005, 6:04 pm

OK Now I'm gullible and dense . have mastered LOL and even ROFL but don't know what PMSL is. Oh it's one of those days!!!
Sorry, but that was such a funny response, I was p'ing myself laughing (pmsl).
Old Apr 14th 2005, 6:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sorry, but that was such a funny response, I was p'ing myself laughing (pmsl).
Fair enough. It was pretty dumb. Think that chicken must have caused some damage when it fell on my head.
Old Apr 14th 2005, 6:19 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Fair enough. It was pretty dumb. Think that chicken must have caused some damage when it fell on my head.
It was quite serious, the police suspect fowl play.
Old Apr 14th 2005, 6:31 pm
Dismembered Bat

ProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to all
Wink Re: Anyone had a frozen chicken through their roof?

JTL, you've reminded me of the following story ...

Sometimes it DOES take a rocket scientist (true story)!

Scientists at NASA built a gun specifically to launch dead chickens at the windscreens of airliners, military jets and the space shuttle, all travelling at maximum velocity. The idea being to simulate the frequent incidents of collisions with airborne fowl to test the strength of the windscreens.

British engineers heard about the gun and were eager to test it on the windscreens of their new high speed trains. Arrangements were made and a gun was sent to the British engineers.

When the gun was fired, the engineers stood shocked as the chicken hurled out of the barrel, crashed into the shatterproof windscreen, smashed it to smithereens, blasted through the control console, snapped the engineer's backrest in two and embedded itself in the back wall of the cabin, like an arrow shot from a bow.

The horrified Brits sent NASA the disastrous results of the experiment, along with the designs of the windscreen and begged the US scientists for suggestions.

NASA responded with a one-line memo: "Defrost the chicken."

Old Apr 14th 2005, 6:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

DUCK!!! Oh sorry just a chicken.
Old Apr 14th 2005, 6:35 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

Originally Posted by Bordy
It was quite serious, the police suspect fowl play.
Aye...and Mr Carr was spitting feathers with the frustration of it all

Old Apr 14th 2005, 6:39 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Phoenixuk2oz
Aye...and Mr Carr was spitting feathers with the frustration of it all
I believe he was left with egg on his face though.
Old Apr 14th 2005, 6:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

He says when he finds out who did it they're in for a roasting
Old Apr 14th 2005, 6:41 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

That's becuase he found out the story was eggsagerrated

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.