Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone had a baby privately in Perth or surrounding suburbs?

Anyone had a baby privately in Perth or surrounding suburbs?

Old Jun 24th 2008, 2:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

PoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to behold
Default Anyone had a baby privately in Perth or surrounding suburbs?

Hi ya,

We have medibank and we are thinking of going private for our 3rd bambino. I've already had 2 c-sections so know in advance that I will be having a 3rd. This would also be our last child.

My hubby missed our first two through rather bad luck so I would love to have a nice atmosphere for him to experience the 3rd and final. I would also like to see the same ob all the way through as I've had 2 very up and down pregnancies thus far.

I understand that I need to find an Obstetrician that participates in the medibank gap cover to keep costs down. I will also need to cover the pediatrician and Anesthetist (not sure how I keep these costs down).

If anyone has any advice, recommendations of where they went I would love to hear from you.

Thanks in advance.

Poppet
Old Jun 27th 2008, 5:27 am
BE Enthusiast

PoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Anyone had a baby privately in Perth or surrounding suburbs?

Originally Posted by PoppetUK
Hi ya,

We have medibank and we are thinking of going private for our 3rd bambino. I've already had 2 c-sections so know in advance that I will be having a 3rd. This would also be our last child.

My hubby missed our first two through rather bad luck so I would love to have a nice atmosphere for him to experience the 3rd and final. I would also like to see the same ob all the way through as I've had 2 very up and down pregnancies thus far.

I understand that I need to find an Obstetrician that participates in the medibank gap cover to keep costs down. I will also need to cover the pediatrician and Anesthetist (not sure how I keep these costs down).

If anyone has any advice, recommendations of where they went I would love to hear from you.

Thanks in advance.

Poppet
p.s especially the Peel Private Hospital
Old Jun 27th 2008, 5:45 am
Account Closed

Three Legs is an unknown quantity at this point

Absolutely no need to go private in my humble ...

We had our third boy delivered in Joondalup at the Health Campus and I can hand on heart say that the overall 'service' was considerably better than the UK where our other two were born.

The irony being all the medical staff we dealt with from start to finish, even the district nurses, were all Poms ...

Only in Perth
Old Jun 27th 2008, 5:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Gems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond repute

Slightly off topic, but I was worried after 2 sections

Just wanted to say I have had 3 C Sections and recovered the quickest on my 3rd. I was worried about having a 3rd but somehow I was sitting up and moving about quicker, and hardly noticed I had it.

Mine were all on NHS hospitals back in UK.

Gems
PS, Im not too posh to push had first child normal delivery. But pregnancy makes me very ill hence medical need for C Sections.
Old Jun 27th 2008, 10:21 am

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Three Legs
Absolutely no need to go private in my humble ...

We had our third boy delivered in Joondalup at the Health Campus and I can hand on heart say that the overall 'service' was considerably better than the UK where our other two were born.

The irony being all the medical staff we dealt with from start to finish, even the district nurses, were all Poms ...

Only in Perth
We can only echo this our little Aussie was born there too and all was good .
Old Jun 27th 2008, 12:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Gems
Slightly off topic, but I was worried after 2 sections

Just wanted to say I have had 3 C Sections and recovered the quickest on my 3rd. I was worried about having a 3rd but somehow I was sitting up and moving about quicker, and hardly noticed I had it.

Mine were all on NHS hospitals back in UK.

Gems
PS, Im not too posh to push had first child normal delivery. But pregnancy makes me very ill hence medical need for C Sections.
Thanks for that. You would know only too well what it's like.

I recovered well from my 2nd c-section (the first took 6 weeks). I've heard it gets easier so that would be good with a 4 and 3 year old to run around after.

Trying to keep my weight gain a bit more sensible this time (fingers crossed I reach 12 weeks). I figure that will help too.

Thanks for all the other posts. It's very reassuring. I was surprised when I found out only 2 to a room and that's public
Old Jun 28th 2008, 8:52 am

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by PoppetUK
Thanks for that. You would know only too well what it's like.

I recovered well from my 2nd c-section (the first took 6 weeks). I've heard it gets easier so that would be good with a 4 and 3 year old to run around after.

Trying to keep my weight gain a bit more sensible this time (fingers crossed I reach 12 weeks). I figure that will help too.

Thanks for all the other posts. It's very reassuring. I was surprised when I found out only 2 to a room and that's public
We had a private room. but guess still 2 in there if you count the one you sneek in
Old Jun 28th 2008, 11:59 am
BE Enthusiast

harveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of light

I work within the maternity unit at Joondalup and personally would go public, its 2 to a room with 1 bathroom, the staff are the same as we cover both public and private sections of the wards, the private side are all single rooms, some doublebed rooms and your OH can stay, You will need to consider the cost carefully if you opt to go private as the medibank gap can be huge, also if you need the services of a paediatrician and your bub needs special care then the costs can blow out, all this is covered in the public sector.

Di
Old Jun 28th 2008, 1:21 pm
From Perth to Queensland.

lyndz has a brilliant futurelyndz has a brilliant futurelyndz has a brilliant futurelyndz has a brilliant futurelyndz has a brilliant futurelyndz has a brilliant futurelyndz has a brilliant future

I had my bab at Joondalup Private and it was a fantastic experience saw the same obstertrician all the way thro - which was very reassuring for me and she delivered the baby-- own room double bed quiet got plenty of rest - a very positive experience for me Good Luck with your new arrival