Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone got their tax refund yet through bank account?

Anyone got their tax refund yet through bank account?

Old Apr 17th 2009, 11:56 am

kez81 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone got their tax refund yet through bank account?

Originally Posted by Stella340
Yes, our friend got his cheque today.
is that QLD? Im in WA
Old Apr 17th 2009, 1:03 pm
Aussie Finn Mixture!

Location: Leschenault WA (after few locations around WA and Around Europe!)
teza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kez81
is that QLD? Im in WA
Q2: When will the tax bonus be paid?

Payments will go out progressively over six weeks from early April to the 7.4 million eligible people who have already lodged last year’s tax return. Cheque and Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) postings will be distributed each business night until the initial run of 7.4 million has been completed.

All cheque and EFT payments will be made using a post code selection process that is randomly generated, ensuring all post codes are evenly distributed to each state and territory each night (using the Australia Post predetermined percentage spread). For this reason and because of security concerns, we are not planning to publish a distribution schedule.

http://www.ato.gov.au/corporate/cont....htm&page=5&H5
Old Apr 18th 2009, 12:06 am
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

received this morning.. qld 4000.
Old Apr 18th 2009, 10:54 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

None of the 4 eligible adults in our house have received theirs as yet.
I work for a bank and almost every caller is some one checking if their money has been paid into their account and they then ask ME when they are going to get it. I would love to say..............."How the ***** do I know!!"
Old Apr 18th 2009, 10:55 am
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sj oldfield
I work for a bank and almost every caller is some one checking if their money has been paid into their account and they then ask ME when they are going to get it. I would love to say..............."How the ***** do I know!!"
Old Apr 18th 2009, 11:03 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by asprilla
Doesnt make me makes me :curse: some people are SO impatient!! LOL
Old Apr 18th 2009, 11:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Stella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by kez81
is that QLD? Im in WA
Yeah, the Gold Coast in Qld. Hope yours comes through soon
Old Apr 18th 2009, 1:40 pm

kez81 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Stella340
Yeah, the Gold Coast in Qld. Hope yours comes through soon
yeah me too could be doing with it!! but it will come when it comes
Old Apr 19th 2009, 5:22 am
BE Enthusiast

TillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of light

I didn't even realise we might be entitled to it. I thought that my hubby earned too much - I know he earns too much this year but forget that the payment is based on 07-08 and in that tax year, we were still on the 457 visa so had the LAFHA "perk". Checked his tax return late last night and it turns out his reported income to the ATO was just under $80k so we should be getting the full $900 - hadn't counted on that at all!

So, just waiting and seeing for the next few weeks to see if we get a letter/payment. Last year's tax rebate went to the accountant who prepared the tax return and was then transferred to our account. So I'll wait until mid-May and then contact the accountant and see if he's got it.

We've already had the $950 payment (due to Family Tax Benefit part B) and thought that that was our lot. Quite pleased to see that we might be getting a bit more (especially with baby no2 on its way some time in the next 50 days!)
Old Apr 19th 2009, 6:42 am
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

You could always say 'hang on I will just consult with my chrystal ball' but as previous poster says, the website says randomly done postcodes, spose this is to stop the poor postpeople having to do 1000s in one area, sort of makes sense. Centrelink payments are all done via banking so didnt have chqs to send out.

Jo
Old Apr 19th 2009, 7:08 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

Doesnt make me makes me :curse: some people are SO impatient!! LOL
yes, i'm impatient but then before my OHs wages were paid in last week we had the grand sum of $340 in our account

hence i check our bank account every day in the hope we may have his $900 paid in already....
Old Apr 19th 2009, 7:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by bridie
hence i check our bank account every day in the hope we may have his $900 paid in already....
Thats fine if you use self service phone banking.
When I got to work the other morning there was almost 250 customers 'queuing" for a customer service rep, most ringing to check if their $900 had been paid in................they then have the bleeden nerve to complain that they have been waiting 10 minutes to speak to someone!!!

Last edited by Pollyana; Apr 19th 2009 at 7:43 am. Reason: fixing the quote
Old Apr 19th 2009, 7:34 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Thats fine if you use self service phone banking.
It really is crazy that no-one knows when - or in many cases if - they will get the cash. If you have internet banking, or self-service phone banking, thats fine, just keep checking it you want to. But for the thousands who don't, its a ludicrous situation, and you guys in the banks get the brunt of it.

Last edited by Pollyana; Apr 19th 2009 at 8:00 am. Reason: fixing the quote
Old Apr 19th 2009, 7:41 am
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

Heaven forbid they go to that cash machine outside and ask for a balance that would be to easy, mind you most people should know if they are entitled by their tax notification. One of my sons got all his tax back bar $9.95 where as the other got all of his back. Hence one will get it one wont one assumes. Here's to another week of checking LOL.

Jo
Old Apr 19th 2009, 8:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Pollyana
It really is crazy that no-one knows when - or in many cases if - they will get the cash. If you have internet banking, or self-service phone banking, thats fine, just keep checking it you want to. But for the thousands who don't, its a ludicrous situation, and you guys in the banks get the brunt of it.
We do that Polly! Now I only work for the bank (dont own it LOL) but the crap that we get thrown at us, al because their $900 bucks isnt in their account. WTF, why cant people just wait, as I said no-one in my house has had theirs as yet, we will just ait until the deadline of 16th May, then give it another couple of days to allow for postal delays and contact the ATO direct!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.