British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Anyone got their acknowledgement letter by e-mail? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/anyone-got-their-acknowledgement-letter-e-mail-108253/)

Nina May 10th 2002 9:12 pm

Anyone got their acknowledgement letter by e-mail?

I was just wondering if anyone has received an acknowledgement letter by e-mail from Adelaide,
and if so, after how long???

Nina

Jacqui May 10th 2002 9:33 pm

Re: Anyone got their acknowledgement letter by e-mail?

Yes we did, within a few weeks (IT skilled category), but we did email them previously with a query and when they answered they also sent our case number. Later on, we emailed them to get confirmation of safe arrival of documents, medical reports etc. and they responded quickly, well our case officer did anyway. She also told us that we had been granted the visa by email, and the letter arrived in the post a few days later.

Gee May 11th 2002 8:20 pm

I'm really surprised (and delighted for you) to read your post. I applied Nov 2001
(ICT Stream -Skilled Ind., Medicals & police check front loaded) and since then have
written e-mails, posted a letter and made phone calls to Adelaide but have not heard
anything since a request was made for additional documentation back in Dec.

Out of interest who was your case officer (mine is Kym Palmer) ?

Has/does anybody else have Kym Palmer as a case officer and equally heard as
little as myself (or on a positive note has anybody actually got their visas
granted from Kym!)?

I'm just a little worried that this guy has been on long term sick or something and
his case load has not been passed to anybody else to process (you know how Government
depts. can work)!

Again - really pleased you have your visas and looking forward to following later
in the year.

Yours frustated and waiting each day for Mr Postie to deliver that much
awaited letter...

Gee

Jacqui <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > Yes we did, within a few weeks (IT skilled category), but we did email them
    > previously with a query and when they answered they also sent our case number.
    > Later on, we emailed them to get confirmation of safe arrival of documents, medical
    > reports etc. and they responded quickly, well our case officer did anyway. She also
    > told us that we had been granted the visa by email, and the letter arrived in the
    > post a few days later.

Jaj May 12th 2002 7:20 am

Gee (and to others in similar situations)

Although your frustration is understandable, I don't think it's very advisable (or
even courteous) to name a public servant like this in a public forum where he unable
to post anything to defend himself.

Regards Jeremy

>On 11 May 2002 12:17:37 -0700, [email protected] (Gee) wrote:
    >
    >Out of interest who was your case officer

Zak May 13th 2002 12:20 pm

Hi there,

I have been looking for an e mail address that i can write to regarding my
application. I sent it to Adelaide about 3 weeks ago, i have not heard anything yet.
Would anyone be able to help me?

many thanks

Zak

Zak May 13th 2002 1:20 pm

[email protected] (JAJ) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > Gee (and to others in similar situations)
    >
    > Although your frustration is understandable, I don't think it's very advisable (or
    > even courteous) to name a public servant like this in a public forum where he
    > unable to post anything to defend himself.
    >
    > Regards Jeremy
    >
    > >On 11 May 2002 12:17:37 -0700, [email protected] (Gee) wrote:
    > >
    > >Out of interest who was your case officer

Hi there,

I posted my application to Adelaide about three weeks ago, but i have not
heard anything, would anyone have an e mail address that i could write to, to
find out more?

Thanks

Zak

Jacqui May 13th 2002 1:36 pm

I won't post my case officer's details here, but the email address system they have is straightforward enough, try using your case officer's name, followed by @immi.gov.au for example [email protected]