Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone got anything bad to say about Hervey Bay

Anyone got anything bad to say about Hervey Bay

Old Dec 12th 2009, 11:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

isle has a spectacular aura aboutisle has a spectacular aura aboutisle has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Anyone got anything bad to say about Hervey Bay

Morning ladies,

Just wanted to say thank you all for a fanastic night, it was really good to catch up with old friends I have not seen for a while.

Jo sorry you could not make it and Gillian I hope you are feelling better today.

We are meeting down Aqua View at 10 on Monday if you want to come down.

Well got to go and sort myself out for my Xmas dinner curtasy of the RSL Snooker club. Dam more booze!!!!!!

See you al soon.

Mrs Isle.
Old Dec 14th 2009, 8:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Mrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of light

Yep, it was a fab night girls, great fun.

Am looking forward to Hoolies on Friday - Bobbie, let us know if you can make it and we'll add your name to the table. From 6pm onwards.
Old Dec 14th 2009, 6:46 pm
Forum Regular

Bobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really nice

Originally Posted by Mrs Kiwi
Yep, it was a fab night girls, great fun.

Am looking forward to Hoolies on Friday - Bobbie, let us know if you can make it and we'll add your name to the table. From 6pm onwards.
I've already put my name down. But thanks for thinking of me!! Looking forward to meeting everyone on Friday!
Old Jan 12th 2010, 8:58 am
Just Joined

rachndave is an unknown quantity at this point

just arrived in hervey bay with 2 year old, can anyone help or advise re playgroups etc in the area?
Old Jan 12th 2010, 11:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Safin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond repute

When I got here a couple of years ago I went to one on Taylor Street in the neighbourhood centre. I think a lot of the churches also have groups that use their halls. The PCYC have a baby gym a couple of mornings too
Old Jan 20th 2010, 9:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

isle has a spectacular aura aboutisle has a spectacular aura aboutisle has a spectacular aura about

Morning Folks,

It's been a long time since we all got together so was thinking of may be arranging a meet up on either a Friday eve about 6 or if you prefer a Sunday Morning, we could meet down the beach so the kids can play or go to Purple Park.

Say the end of the month. Does any one fancy it.

Mrs isle

Was going to suggest a BBQ but there is a lot of us now, but the option is there if you fancy it.
Old Jan 20th 2010, 9:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rachndave
just arrived in hervey bay with 2 year old, can anyone help or advise re playgroups etc in the area?
Welcome to HB, sorry it is late but I never seem to to go on here very much now.

Mrs Isle.
Old Jan 20th 2010, 11:16 pm
Forum Regular

shonalouise has a brilliant futureshonalouise has a brilliant futureshonalouise has a brilliant futureshonalouise has a brilliant futureshonalouise has a brilliant futureshonalouise has a brilliant future

Hi there, would like some updated local info if possible. Hubby applying for job at local council and wanting general info on nice local suburbs, any to avoid? How is the marina expansion coming along? House prices still seem pretty cheap although I feel will not be for much longer!

I know that Hervey Bay is considered quiet with "country locals". We are in Mackay at present, cannot surely be any more "country" than here!! Also know it's hot and wet, again can't be worse than here! Also know no surf, again same as here although without the added excitement of box jellyfish dodging!

I am a nurse, work from home presently and will continue to do so for now but any info on local hospitals much appreciated. Also we have our first baby on the way, is there good schools in the area?

Cheers, look forward to hearing from you. Positives and negatives equally welcome but preferably from people that live locally, not people that passed through 5 years ago and thought it was crap They seem to like to piddle on your bonfire at the first opportunity!
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 8:20 pm
The Brains

ray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to all

Originally Posted by isle
Morning Folks,

It's been a long time since we all got together so was thinking of may be arranging a meet up on either a Friday eve about 6 or if you prefer a Sunday Morning, we could meet down the beach so the kids can play or go to Purple Park.

Say the end of the month. Does any one fancy it.

Mrs isle

Was going to suggest a BBQ but there is a lot of us now, but the option is there if you fancy it.
Hi Mrs Isle, long time no see.

Count us in please for any meet up, plus David & Rachael (who I think you met last Thursday) plus 2 year old Danyelle.

G.
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 8:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ray2gill
Hi Mrs Isle, long time no see.

Count us in please for any meet up, plus David & Rachael (who I think you met last Thursday) plus 2 year old Danyelle.

G.
Hi

Yes it was me she meet or rather my backside for an hour, I never realised my body could bend so much.

I will let you know when we meet. I am working at Central Ave permanatley from the 1st Feb so if your passing pop in and say hi some time.

Mrs isle
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 2:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Cookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud of

Hey Friday eve good for me!!! Any Fri in the next few weeks!!! How about next Friday at the Tavern!!!!

Angela
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 11:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Safin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond repute

Did you just mention somewhere other than Hoolihans????
Old Jan 24th 2010, 12:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Safin
Did you just mention somewhere other than Hoolihans????
I mean a family get together, that is why I mentioned Purple Park or Beach. So people with Littlens can come to.

Mrs isle
Old Jan 24th 2010, 1:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Cookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud of

Hey you ......... its only cause their air conditioning is better than ours!!!!!
Old Jan 24th 2010, 3:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Well I am up for both.

Also wondering if anyone wants to do coffee this week after the kids go to school? Weds/Thurs or Fri? Any takers?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.